- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 530382, 7 pages
Genotypic and Antimicrobial Characterisation of Propionibacterium acnes Isolates from Surgically Excised Lumbar Disc Herniations
1The School of Health and Life Sciences, Department of Biomolecular Sciences, Coventry University, CV1 5FB, UK
2Centre for Infection and Immunity, School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences, Queen's University, Belfast BT9 7BL, UK
3Research Department, Spine Centre of Southern Denmark, Hospital Lillebaelt, Middelfart, Institute of Regional Health Services Research, University of Southern Denmark, 5230, Denmark
4The School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
5University Hospital NHS Trust, Birmingham B15 2TH, UK
Received 10 February 2013; Revised 21 May 2013; Accepted 1 June 2013
Academic Editor: Yoshinobu Eishi
Copyright © 2013 Jess Rollason et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Hanne B. Albert, and Claus Manniche, “Answer to the Letter to the Editor of Svend Lings entitled “Antibiotics for low back pain?” concerning “Antibiotic treatment in patients with chronic low back pain and vertebral bone edema (Modic type 1 changes): a double-blind randomized controlled trial of efficacy” by Albert HB et al., Eur Spine J (2013) 22:697–707,” European Spine Journal, 2013.
- Claus Manniche, “Vertebral endplate (modic) changes and the treatment of back pain using antibiotics,” Clinical Practice, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 585–590, 2014.
- Yang Yu, Jackson Champer, and Jenny Kim, “Analysis of the Surface, Secreted, and Intracellular Proteome of Propionibacterium acnes,” EuPA Open Proteomics, 2015.
- Yolande Hauck, Charles Soler, Patrick Gérôme, Rithy Vong, Christine Macnab, Géraldine Appere, Gilles Vergnaud, and Christine Pourcel, “A novel multiple locus variable number of tandem repeat (VNTR) analysis (MLVA) method for Propionibacterium acnes,” Infection, Genetics and Evolution, 2015.
- L. Hoogedoorn, M. Peppelman, P. C. M. van de Kerkhof, P. E. J. van Erp, and M. J. P. Gerritsen, “The value of in vivo reflectance confocal microscopy in the diagnosis and monitoring of inflammatory and infectious skin diseases: a systematic review,” British Journal Of Dermatology, vol. 172, no. 5, pp. 1222–1248, 2015.
- Y. Yu, J. Champer, H. Garbán, and J. Kim, “ Typing of Propionibacterium acnes : a review of methods and comparative analysis ,” British Journal of Dermatology, 2015.
- Emma Barnard, Istvan Nagy, Judit Hunyadkuerti, Sheila Patrick, and Andrew McDowell, “Multiplex Touchdown PCR for Rapid Typing of the Opportunistic Pathogen Propionibacterium acnes,” Journal Of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 1149–1155, 2015.
- Thomas J. Fisher, and Orso L. Osti, “Do bacteria play an important role in the pathogenesis of low back pain?,” ANZ Journal of Surgery, 2015.
- Behnam Sayanjali, Gitte J.M. Christensen, Munir A. Al-Zeer, Hans-Joachim Mollenkopf, Thomas F. Meyer, and Holger Brüggemann, “Propionibacterium acnes inhibits FOXM1 and induces cell cycle alterations in human primary prostate cells,” International Journal of Medical Microbiology, 2016.
- Claus Manniche, and Alan Jordan, “10 years of research: from ignoring Modic changes to considerations regarding treatment and prevention of low-grade disc infections,” Future Science OA, 2016.
- Zhe Chen, Peng Cao, Zezhu Zhou, Ye Yuan, Yucheng Jiao, and Yuehuan Zheng, “Overview: the role of Propionibacterium acnes in nonpyogenic intervertebral discs,” International Orthopaedics, 2016.
- Robert Hudek, Frank Sommer, Ayman F. Abdelkawi, Martina Kerwat, Hans-Helge Müller, and Frank Gohlke, “Propionibacterium acnes in shoulder surgery: is loss of hair protective for infection?,” Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, 2016.