- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 534097, 4 pages
The Usefulness of 3-Dimensional Virtual Simulation Using Haptics in Training Orotracheal Intubation
1Department of Emergency Medicine, College of Medicine, Chung-Ang University, Chung-Ang University Hospital, 224-1 Heoukseok-dong, Dongjak-gu, Seoul 156-757, Republic of Korea
2Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Chung-Ang University, Chung-Ang University Hospital, 224-1 Heoukseok-dong, Dongjak-gu, Seoul 156-757, Republic of Korea
3Chung-Ang Institute for Simulation, Education, and Research, College of Medicine, Chung-Ang University, Chung-Ang University Hospital, 224-1 Heoukseok-dong, Dongjak-gu, Seoul 156-757, Republic of Korea
4Medical Education of Clinical Medicine, College of Medicine, Chung-Ang University, Chung-Ang University Hospital, 224-1 Heoukseok-dong, Dongjak-gu, Seoul 156-757, Republic of Korea
5School of Computer Science and Engineering, Chung-Ang University, 224 Heoukseok-dong, Dongjak-gu, Seoul 156-756, Republic of Korea
6Graduate School, College of Medicine, Chung-Ang University, 224 Heoukseok-dong, Dongjak-gu, Seoul 156-756, Republic of Korea
Received 4 April 2013; Accepted 21 August 2013
Academic Editor: Theodoros Xanthos
Copyright © 2013 Dong Hoon Lee et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Kovacs, J. A. Law, J. Ross et al., “Acute airway management in the emergency department by non-anesthesiologists,” Canadian Journal of Anesthesia, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 174–180, 2004.
- S. L. Orebaugh, “Difficult airway management in the emergency department,” Journal of Emergency Medicine, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 31–48, 2002.
- A. A. Ali, A. M. Elnakera, and A. Samir, “Effect of two different doses of gabapentin on the intraocular pressure and hemodynamic stress responses to laryngoscopy and tracheal intubation,” ISRN Anesthesiology, vol. 2013, Article ID 698205, 5 pages, 2013.
- J. H. Yang, Y. M. Kim, H. S. Chung et al., “Comparison of four manikins and fresh frozen cadaver models for direct laryngoscopic orotracheal intubation training,” Emergency Medicine Journal, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 13–16, 2010.
- S. Boet, V. N. Naik, and P. A. Diemunsch, “Virtual simulation training for fibreoptic intubation,” Canadian Journal of Anaesthesia, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 87–88, 2009.
- S. Boet, M. D. Bould, R. Schaeffer et al., “Learning fibreoptic intubation with a virtual computer program transfers to “hands on” improvement,” European Journal of Anaesthesiology, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 31–35, 2010.
- D. Fritz, A. Hu, T. Wilson, H. Ladak, P. Haase, and K. Fung, “Long-term retention of a 3-dimensional educational computer model of the larynx: a follow-up study,” Archives of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 137, no. 6, pp. 598–603, 2011.
- C. Sugden, R. Aggarwal, A. Banerjee et al., “The development of a virtual reality training curriculum for colonoscopy,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 256, no. 1, pp. 188–192, 2012.
- A. Neubauer and S. Wolfsberger, “Virtual endoscopy in neurosurgery: a review,” Neurosurgery, vol. 72, supplement 1, pp. 97–106, 2013.
- N. A. Shollik, S. M. Ibrahim, A. Ismael, V. Agnoletti, E. Piraccini, and R. M. Corso, “Use of the bonfils intubation fiberscope in patients with limited mouth opening,” Case Reports in Anesthesiology, vol. 2012, Article ID 297306, 3 pages, 2012.
- K. Goldmann and T. Steinfeldt, “Acquisition of basic fiberoptic intubation skills with a virtual reality airway simulator,” Journal of Clinical Anesthesia, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 173–178, 2006.
- R. Rowe and R. A. Cohen, “An evaluation of a virtual reality airway simulator,” Anesthesia and Analgesia, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 62–66, 2002.