- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 574283, 6 pages
Evaluation of Fatty Acid and Amino Acid Compositions in Okra (Abelmoschus esculentus) Grown in Different Geographical Locations
1Department of Food Science, Northeast Agricultural University, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150030, China
2Department of Home Economics, Faculty of Education Quality, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Dakahlia 35516, Egypt
3School of Food Science and Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150090, China
Received 29 July 2013; Accepted 23 August 2013
Academic Editor: Gail B. Mahady
Copyright © 2013 Rokayya Sami et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Prommakool, T. Sajjaanantakul, T. Janjarasskul, and J. M. Krochta, “Whey protein-okra polysaccharide fraction blend edible films: tensile properties, water vapor permeability and oxygen permeability,” Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 362–369, 2011.
- C. D. András, B. Simándi, F. Örsi et al., “Supercritical carbon dioxide extraction of okra (Hibiscus esculentus L) seeds,” Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, vol. 85, no. 8, pp. 1415–1419, 2005.
- P. A. Savello, F. W. Martin, and J. M. Hill, “Nutritional composition of okra seed meal,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 1163–1166, 1980.
- W. Vermerris and R. Nicholson, Phenolic Compound Biochemistry, Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2006.
- C. Ewa, G. Agnieszka, F. Adam, et al., “The content of protein and of amino acids in Jerusalem artichoke tubers (Helianthus tuberosus L.) of red variety Rote Zonenkugel,” Acta Scientiarum Polonorum, Technologia Alimentaria, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 433–441, 2011.
- K. Sanjeet, D. Sokona, H. Adamou, et al., “Okra (Abelmoschus spp.) in West and Central Africa: potential and progress on its improvement,” African Journal of Agricultural Research, vol. 5, no. 25, pp. 3590–3598, 2010.
- R. A. Holser and G. Bost, “Hybrid Hibiscus seed oil compositions,” Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society, vol. 81, no. 8, pp. 795–797, 2004.
- A. J. Farinde, O. K. Owolarafe, and O. I. Ogungbemi, “An overview of production, processing, marketing and utilisation of okra in egbedore local government area of Osun State, Nigeria,” Agricultural Engineering, vol. 4, pp. 1–17, 2007.
- L. F. Razon, R. L. Bacani, R. L. Evangelista, and G. Knothe, “Fatty acid profile of kenaf seed oil,” Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society, vol. 90, pp. 835–840, 2013.
- H. S. Lam and A. Proctor, “Rapid methods for milled rice surface total lipid and free fatty acid determination,” Cereal Chemistry, vol. 78, no. 4, pp. 498–499, 2001.
- J. D. Hubbard, J. M. Downing, M. S. Ram, and O. K. Chung, “Lipid extraction from wheat flour using supercritical fluid extraction,” Cereal Chemistry, vol. 81, no. 6, pp. 693–698, 2004.
- L. D. Metcalfe, A. A. Schmitz, and J. R. Pelka, “Rapid preparation of fatty acid esters from lipids for gas chromatographic analysis,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 514–515, 1966.
- H. Li, Y. Ma, A. Dong et al., “Protein composition of yak milk,” Dairy Science and Technology, vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 111–117, 2010.
- A. H. Mohsen, “Adsorption of lead ions from aquesous solution by okra wastes,” International Journal of Physical Sciences, vol. 2, no. 7, pp. 178–184, 2007.
- G. L. Darmstadt, M. Mao-Qiang, E. Chi et al., “Impact of topical oils on the skin barrier: possible implications for neonatal health in developing countries,” Acta Paediatrica, vol. 91, no. 5, pp. 546–554, 2002.
- E. C. William, “Importance of n−3 fatty acids in health and disease,” The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, vol. 71, pp. 171S–175S, 2000.
- G. Zubay, Biochemistry, Wm. C. Brown Publishers, Dubuque, La, USA, 5th edition, 2006.
- W. Elfalleh, M. Ying, N. Nasri, et al., “Fatty acids from Tunisian and Chinese pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) seeds,” International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 200–206, 2011.