- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 578290, 12 pages
Carbon Nanotubes: Applications in Pharmacy and Medicine
1China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
2Key Laboratory of Drug Quality Control and Pharmacovigilance, Ministry of Education, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
3Department of Pharmacy, Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
4Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Paris V, 4 avenue de l’Observatoire, 75006 Paris, France
Received 7 July 2013; Accepted 26 July 2013
Academic Editor: Takeshi Noda
Copyright © 2013 Hua He et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [24 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Yongkun Wang, Chuanying Wang, Yijun Jia, Xianhua Cheng, Qing Lin, Mingjie Zhu, Yunshu Lu, Longlong Ding, Ziyi Weng, and Kejin Wu, “Oxygen-Carbon Nanotubes as a Chemotherapy Sensitizer for Paclitaxel in Breast Cancer Treatment,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 8, 2014.
- Eleonore Fröhlich, Claudia Meindl, Karin Wagner, Gerd Leitinger, and Eva Roblegg, “Use of whole genome expression analysis in the toxicity screening of nanoparticles,” Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, 2014.
- Marcela Elisabeta Barbinta-Patrascu, Stefan Marian Iordache, Ana Maria Iordache, Nicoleta Badea, and Camelia Ungureanu, “Nanobioarchitectures based on chlorophyll photopigment, artificial lipid bilayers and carbon nanotubes,” Beilstein Journal Of Nanotechnology, vol. 5, pp. 2316–2325, 2014.
- Valeria Amenta, and Karin Aschberger, “Carbon nanotubes: potential medical applications and safety concerns,” Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnology, 2014.
- Suck Won Hong, Jong Ho Lee, Seok Hee Kang, Eun Young Hwang, Yu-Shik Hwang, Mi Hee Lee, Dong-Wook Han, and Jong-Chul Park, “Enhanced Neural Cell Adhesion and Neurite Outgrowth on Graphene-Based Biomimetic Substrates,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Manohar Mahato, Santosh Yadav, Pradeep Kumar, and Ashwani Kumar Sharma, “Synthesis and Evaluation of Tetramethylguanidinium-Polyethylenimine Polymers as Efficient Gene Delivery Vectors,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–11, 2014.
- Sílvissa Castro Coelho, Maria Carmo Pereira, Asta Juzeniene, Petras Juzenas, and Manuel A.N. Coelho, “Supramolecular Nanoscale Assemblies for Cancer Diagnosis and Therapy,” Journal of Controlled Release, 2015.
- Samantha P. Roberts, Arthur W. Barnard, Christopher M. Martin, Melina K. Blees, Jonathan S. Alden, Alexander R. Ruyack, and Paul L. McEuen, “Magnetically Actuated Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes,” Nano Letters, pp. 150730103452007, 2015.
- Maria Mrakovcic, Claudia Meindl, Gerd Leitinger, Eva Roblegg, and Eleonore Froehlich, “Carboxylated Short Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes But Not Plain and Multi-Walled Short Carbon Nanotubes Show in vitro Genotoxicity,” Toxicological Sciences, vol. 144, no. 1, pp. 114–127, 2015.
- M. Lamberti, P. Pedata, N. Sannolo, S. Porto, A. De Rosa, and M. Caraglia, “Carbon nanotubes: Properties, biomedical applications, advantages and risks in patients and occupationally-exposed workers,” International Journal Of Immunopathology And Pharmacology, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 4–13, 2015.
- Shadpour Mallakpour, and Vajiheh Behranvand, “Sonochemical production and characterization of d-fructose functionalized MWCNTs/alanine-based poly(amide-imide) nanocomposites,” Colloid and Polymer Science, 2015.
- Charlotte M. Beddoes, Charles P. Case, and Wuge H. Briscoe, “Understanding nanoparticle cellular entry: A physicochemical perspective,” Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 2015.
- Xiaojian Li, Liping Zhang, Reasmey P. Tan, Pier-Francesco Fazzini, Teresa Hungria, Jerome Durand, Sebastien Lachaize, Wen-Hua Sun, Marc Respaud, Katerina Soulantica, and Philippe Serp, “Isoprene Polymerization on Iron Nanoparticles Confined in Carbon Nanotubes,” Chemistry-A European Journal, vol. 21, no. 48, pp. 17437–17444, 2015.
- Jie Ji, Debora Torrealba, Àngels Ruyra, and Nerea Roher, “Nanodelivery Systems as New Tools for Immunostimulant or Vaccine Administration: Targeting the Fish Immune System,” Biology, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 664–696, 2015.
- Tamotsu Tsukahara, Yoshikaszu Matsuda, and Hisao Haniu, “The Role of Autophagy as a Mechanism of Toxicity Induced by Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes in Human Lung Cells,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 40–48, 2015.
- Shadpour Mallakpour, and Vajiheh Behranvand, “The influence of acid-treated multi-walled carbon nanotubes on the surface morphology and thermal properties of alanine-based poly(amide-imide)/MWCNT ,” Colloid And Polymer Science, vol. 293, no. 1, pp. 333–339, 2015.
- Mahdi Karimi, Navid Solati, Mohammad Amiri, Hamed Mirshekari, Elmira Mohamed, Mahdiar Taheri, Mahshid Hashemkhani, Ahad Saeidi, Mehrdad Asghari Estiar, Parnian Kiani, Amir Ghasemi, Seyed Masoud Moosavi Basri, Amir R Aref, and Michael R Hamblin, “Carbon nanotubes part I: preparation of a novel and versatile drug-delivery vehicle,” Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery, pp. 1–17, 2015.
- Jaleh Varshosaz, and Somayeh Taymouri, “Hollow Inorganic Nanoparticles as Efficient Carriers for siRNA Delivery: A Comprehensive Review,” Current Pharmaceutical Design, vol. 21, no. 29, pp. 4310–4328, 2015.
- Christopher G. England, Chin F. Ng, Victor van Berkel, and Hermann B. Frieboes, “A Review of Pharmacological Treatment Options for Lung Cancer: Emphasis on Novel Nanotherapeutics and Associated Toxicity,” Current Drug Targets, vol. 16, no. 10, pp. 1057–1087, 2015.
- V. V. Turov, Y. I. Prylutskyy, T. V. Krupskaya, D. V. Schur, M. P. Evstigneev, M. T. Kartel, and U. Ritter, “Clustering of hydrochloric acid on the surface of C-60/C-70 fullerite and its composites with nanosilica,” Materialwissenschaft Und Werkstofftechnik, vol. 47, no. 2-3, pp. 172–188, 2016.
- Adam Bouchaala, Ali H. Nayfeh, and Mohammad I. Younis, “Analytical study of the frequency shifts of micro and nano clamped–clamped beam resonators due to an added mass,” Meccanica, 2016.
- Nadia Barbero, Marco Marenchino, Ramón Campos-Olivas, Simonetta Oliaro-Bosso, Luca Bonandini, Jasminka Boskovic, Guido Viscardi, and Sonja Visentin, “Nanomaterial–protein interactions: the case of pristine and functionalized carbon nanotubes and porcine gastric mucin,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 18, no. 4, 2016.
- Muhammad Imran Sajid, Usama Jamshaid, Talha Jamshaid, Nadiah Zafar, H. Fessi, and Abdelhamid Elaissari, “Carbon nanotubes from synthesis to in vivo biomedical applications,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2016.
- Jin Sik Kim, Kyung Seuk Song, and Il Je Yu, “Multiwall Carbon Nanotube-Induced DNA Damage and Cytotoxicity in Male Human Peripheral Blood Lymphocytes,” International Journal Of Toxicology, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 27–37, 2016.