- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 584549, 9 pages
Development and Evaluation of Solid Lipid Nanoparticles of Raloxifene Hydrochloride for Enhanced Bioavailability
Department of Pharmaceutics, Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi 221005, India
Received 13 April 2013; Revised 30 July 2013; Accepted 13 August 2013
Academic Editor: Hidetoshi Arima
Copyright © 2013 Anand Kumar Kushwaha et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. V. Avioli, “SERM drugs for the prevention of osteoporosis,” Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 317–319, 1999.
- N. Furusyo, E. Ogawa, M. Sudoh et al., “Raloxifene hydrochloride is an adjuvant antiviral treatment of postmenopausal women with chronic hepatitis C: a randomized trial,” Journal of Hepatology, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 1186–1192, 2012.
- M. Hibner, J. F. Magrina, S. R. Lefler, J. L. Cornella, A. R. Pizarro, and J. C. Loftus, “Effects of raloxifene hydrochloride on endometrial cancer cells in vitro,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 93, no. 3, pp. 642–646, 2004.
- O. Gluck and M. Maricic, “Skeletal and nonskeletal effects of raloxifene,” Current Osteoporosis Reports, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 123–128, 2003.
- R. K. Jha, S. Tiwari, and B. Mishra, “Bioadhesive microspheres for bioavailability enhancement of raloxifene hydrochloride: formulation and pharmacokinetic evaluation,” AAPS PharmSciTech, vol. 12, pp. 650–657, 2011.
- R.-K. Chang and A. H. Shojaei, “Effect of a lipoidic excipient on the absorption profile of compound UK 81252 in dogs after oral administration,” Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 8–12, 2004.
- V. Jannin, J. Musakhanian, and D. Marchaud, “Approaches for the development of solid and semi-solid lipid-based formulations,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 734–746, 2008.
- M. K. Rawat, A. Jain, A. Mishra, M. S. Muthu, and S. Singh, “Development of repaglinide loaded solid lipid nanocarrier: selection of fabrication method,” Current Drug Delivery, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 44–50, 2010.
- S. Ghoshal, J. Witta, J. Zhong, W. de Villiers, and E. Eckhardt, “Chylomicrons promote intestinal absorption of lipopolysaccharides,” Journal of Lipid Research, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 90–97, 2009.
- M. J. Cano-Cebrián, T. Zornoza, L. Granero, and A. Polache, “Intestinal absorption enhancement via the paracellular route by fatty acids, chitosans and others: a target for drug delivery,” Current Drug Delivery, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 9–22, 2005.
- C. M. O'Driscoll, “Lipid-based formulations for intestinal lymphatic delivery,” European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 405–415, 2002.
- M. Stuchlik and S. Zak, “Lipid-based vehicle for oral drug delivery,” Biomedical Papers of the Medical Faculty of the University Palacky, vol. 145, no. 2, pp. 17–26, 2001.
- D. G. Fatouros, D. M. Karpf, F. S. Nielsen, and A. Mullertz, “Clinical studies with oral lipid based formulations of poorly soluble compounds,” Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 591–604, 2007.
- M. Uner and G. Yener, “Importance of Solid Lipid Nanoparticles (SLN) in various administration routes and future perspectives,” International Journal of Nanomedicine, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 289–300, 2007.
- A. zur Mühlen, C. Schwarz, and W. Mehnert, “Solid Lipid Nanoparticles (SLN) for controlled drug delivery—drug release and release mechanism,” European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 149–155, 1998.
- W. H. de Jong and P. J. A. Borm, “Drug delivery and nanoparticles: applications and hazards,” International Journal of Nanomedicine, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 133–149, 2008.
- R. H. Müller, K. Mäder, and S. Gohla, “Solid Lipid Nanoparticles (SLN) for controlled drug delivery—a review of the state of the art,” European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 161–177, 2000.
- S. Das and A. Chaudhury, “Recent advances in lipid nanoparticle formulations with solid matrix for oral drug delivery,” AAPS PharmSciTech, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 62–76, 2011.
- V. K. Rai, N. Pathak, R. Bhaskar, B. C. Nandi, S. Dey, and L. K. Tyagi, “Optimization of immediate release tablet of raloxifene hydrochloride by wet granulation method,” International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 51–54, 2009.
- H. Thakkar, J. Nangesh, M. Parmar, and D. Patel, “Formulation and characterization of lipid-based drug delivery system of raloxifene-microemulsion and self-microemulsifying drug delivery system,” Journal of Pharmacy and Bioallied Sciences, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 442–448, 2011.
- B. M. Chauhan, “Formulation and evaluation of transdermal drug delivery of raloxifene hydrochloride,” International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research, vol. 1, no. 12, pp. 72–79, 2010.
- M. A. Elsheikh, Y. S. Elnaggar, E. Y. Gohar, and O. Y. Abdallah, “Nanoemulsion liquid preconcentrates for raloxifene hydrochloride: optimization and in vivo appraisal,” International Journal of Nanomedicine, vol. 7, pp. 3787–3802, 2012.
- V. V. Kumar, D. Chandrasekar, S. Ramakrishna, V. Kishan, Y. M. Rao, and P. V. Diwan, “Development and evaluation of nitrendipine loaded solid lipid nanoparticles: influence of wax and glyceride lipids on plasma pharmacokinetics,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 335, no. 1-2, pp. 167–175, 2007.
- H. Chen, X. Chang, D. Du et al., “Podophyllotoxin-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles for epidermal targeting,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 110, no. 2, pp. 296–306, 2006.
- A. Garg and S. Singh, “Enhancement in antifungal activity of eugenol in immunosuppressed rats through lipid nanocarriers,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 87, no. 2, pp. 280–288, 2011.
- S. Singh, A. K. Dobhal, A. Jain, J. K. Pandit, and S. Chakraborty, “Formulation and evaluation of solid lipid nanoparticles of a water soluble drug: zidovudine,” Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 650–655, 2010.
- M. S. Muthu, M. K. Rawat, A. Mishra, and S. Singh, “PLGA nanoparticle formulations of risperidone: preparation and neuropharmacological evaluation,” Nanomedicine, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 323–333, 2009.
- Z. Y. Yang, Z. F. Zhang, X. B. He, G. Y. Zhao, and Y. Q. Zhang, “Validation of a novel HPLC method for the determination of raloxifene and its pharmacokinetics in rat plasma,” Chromatographia, vol. 65, no. 3-4, pp. 197–201, 2007.
- J. Buelke-Sam, H. U. Bryant, and P. C. Francis, “The selective estrogen receptor modulator, raloxifene: an overview of nonclinical pharmacology and reproductive and developmental testing,” Reproductive Toxicology, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 217–221, 1998.
- T. Helgason, T. S. Awad, K. Kristbergsson, D. J. McClements, and J. Weiss, “Effect of surfactant surface coverage on formation of Solid Lipid Nanoparticles (SLN),” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 334, no. 1, pp. 75–81, 2009.
- D. Quintanar-Guerrero, H. Fessi, E. Allémann, and E. Doelker, “Influence of stabilizing agents and preparative variables on the formation of poly(D,L-lactic acid) nanoparticles by an emulsification-diffusion technique,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 143, no. 2, pp. 133–141, 1996.