- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 586894, 4 pages
Influence of Scleral Buckling Surgery with Encircling Band on Subfoveal Choroidal Thickness in Long-Term Observations
1Ophthalmology Clinic of St. John Boni Frates Lodziensis, Ulica Kosynierów Gdyńskich 17, 94-049 Lodz, Poland
2Academic Teaching Hospital of St. John, Johannes von Gott Platz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria
Received 7 April 2013; Accepted 29 May 2013
Academic Editor: Tatsuya Mimura
Copyright © 2013 Dominik Odrobina et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. G. Michels, “Scleral buckling methods for rhegmatogenous retinal detachment,” Retina, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 1–49, 1986.
- J. Ambati and J. G. Arroyo, “Postoperative complications of scleral buckling surgery,” International Ophthalmology Clinics, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 175–185, 2000.
- R. Sugawara, T. Nagaoka, N. Kitaya et al., “Choroidal blood flow in the foveal region in eyes with rhegmatogenous retinal detachment and scleral buckling procedures,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 90, no. 11, pp. 1363–1365, 2006.
- D. L. Nickla and J. Wallman, “The multifunctional choroid,” Progress in Retinal and Eye Research, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 144–168, 2010.
- R. F. Spaide, H. Koizumi, and M. C. Pozonni, “Enhanced depth imaging spectral-domain optical coherence tomography,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 146, no. 4, pp. 496–500, 2008.
- M. Kimura, A. Nishimura, H. Yokogawa et al., “Subfoveal choroidal thickness change following segmental scleral buckling for rhegmatogenous retinal detachment,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 154, pp. 893–900, 2012.
- M. Miura, G. Arimoto, R. Tsukahara, R. Nemoto, and T. Iwasaki, “Choroidal thickness after scleral buckling,” Ophthalmology, vol. 119, no. 7, pp. 1497–1498, 2012.
- M. Nagahara, Y. Tamaki, M. Araie, and S. Eguchi, “Effects of scleral buckling and encircling procedures on human optic nerve head and retinochoroidal circulation,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 31–36, 2000.
- K. Takahashi and S. Kishi, “Remodeling of choroidal venous drainage after vortex vein occlusion following scleral buckling for retinal detachment,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 129, no. 2, pp. 191–198, 2000.
- Y. Ito, M. Sasoh, M. Ido, S. Osawa, Y. Wakitani, and Y. Uji, “Effects of scleral buckling without encircling procedures on retrobulbar hemodynamics as measured by color doppler imaging,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 123, no. 7, pp. 950–953, 2005.
- I. Kimura, K. Shinoda, T. Eshita, M. Inoue, and Y. Mashima, “Relaxation of encircling buckle improved choroidal blood flow in a patient with visual field defect following encircling procedure,” Japanese Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 554–556, 2006.
- M. Veckeneer, K. van Overdam, D. Bouwens et al., “Randomized clinical trial of cryotherapy versus laser photocoagulation for retinopexy in conventional retinal detachment surgery,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 132, no. 3, pp. 343–347, 2001.