- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 594308, 10 pages
Effects of Seawater Salinity and Temperature on Growth and Pigment Contents in Hypnea cervicornis J. Agardh (Gigartinales, Rhodophyta)
Shantou University, Shantou 515063, China
Received 1 August 2013; Accepted 27 September 2013
Academic Editor: Hanzhi Lin
Copyright © 2013 Lanping Ding et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. P. Zhou, X. T. Guan, T. Liang, et al., “Study on the trace elements and amino-acids in economic Gracilaria of Hypnea,” Trace Eements Science, vol. 3, no. 10, pp. 59–64, 1996.
- I. Abbott, Hypnea Musciformis, Bishop Museum Press, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, 1999.
- M. Ganesan, S. Thiruppathi, and B. Jha, “Mariculture of Hypnea musciformis (Wulfen) Lamouroux in South east coast of India,” Aquaculture, vol. 256, no. 1–4, pp. 201–211, 2006.
- R. P. Reis and Y. Yoneshigue-Valentin, “Phenology of Hypnea musciformis (Wulfen) lamouroux (Rhodophyta, Gigartinales) in three populations from Rio de Janeiro State, Brazil,” Botanica Marina, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 299–304, 2000.
- M. Arman and S. A. U. Qader, “Structural analysis of kappa-carrageenan isolated from Hypnea musciformis (red algae) and evaluation as an elicitor of plant defense mechanism,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 88, no. 4, pp. 1264–1271, 2012.
- M. S. P. Mtolera and A. S. Buriyo, “Studies on Tanzanian hypneaceae: seasonal variation in content and quality of kappa-carrageenan from Hypnea musciformis (gigartinales: rhodophyta),” Western Indian Ocean Journal of Marine Science, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 43–49, 2004.
- K. C. Haines, “Ammonium and nitrate uptake by the marine macrophytes Hypnea musciformis (Rhodophyta) and Macrocystis pyrifera (phaeophyta),” Journal of Phycology, vol. 14, pp. 319–324, 1978.
- J. Selvin and A. P. Lipton, “Biopotentials of ulva fasciata and Hypnea musciformis collected from the peninsular coast of India,” Journal of Marine Science and Technology, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2004.
- R. C. Jennings and A. J. McComb, “Gibberellins in the red alga Hypnea musciformis (Wulf.) lamour,” Nature, vol. 215, no. 5103, pp. 872–873, 1967.
- V. Bultel-Poncé, S. Etahiri, and M. Guyot, “New ketosteroids from the red alga Hypnea musciformis,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 12, no. 13, pp. 1715–1718, 2002.
- H. J. Humm and J. Krewzer, “On the growth rate of the red alga, Hypnea musciformis, in the Caribbean Sea,” Caribbean Journal of Science, vol. 15, pp. 1–4, 1975.
- C. T. Andrade, E. G. Azero, L. Luciano, and M. P. Gonçalves, “Rheological properties of mixtures of κ-carrageenan from Hypnea musciformis and galactomannan from Cassia javanica,” International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 349–353, 2000.
- C. S. Nagano, H. Debray, K. S. Nascimento et al., “HCA and HML isolated from the red marine algae Hypnea cervicornis and Hypnea musciformis define a novel lectin family,” Protein Science, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 2167–2176, 2005.
- G. S. Woong and M. B. Sung, “A systematic study on the genus Hypnea(Gigartinales, Rhodophyta) in Korea,” The Korean Journal of Phycology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 7–20, 1994.
- J. G. Figueiredo, F. S. Bitencourt, T. M. Cunha et al., “Agglutinin isolated from the red marine alga Hypnea cervicornis J. Agardh reduces inflammatory hypernociception: involvement of nitric oxide,” Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior, vol. 96, no. 4, pp. 371–377, 2010.
- Y. Yamagishi and M. Masuda, “A taxonomic revision of a Hypnea charoides-valentiae complex (Rhodophyta, Gigartinales) in Japan, with a description of Hypnea flexicaulis sp. nov,” Phycological Research, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 27–35, 2000.
- C. S. L. Kong and P. O. Ang Jr., “Seasonal occurrence and reproduction of Hypnea charoides (Rhodophyta) in Tung Ping Chau, N.T., Hong Kong SAR, China,” Hydrobiologia, vol. 512, pp. 63–78, 2004.
- M. Tako, Z.-Q. Qi, E. Yoza, and S. Toyama, “Synergistic interaction between κ-carrageenan isolated from Hypnea charoides LAMOUROUX and galactomannan on its gelation,” Food Research International, vol. 31, no. 8, pp. 543–548, 1998.
- E. Cecere, A. Petrocelli, and M. Verlaque, “Morphology and vegetative reproduction of the introduced species Hypnea cornuta (Rhodophyta, Gigartinales) in the Mar Piccolo of Taranto (Italy), Mediterranean Sea,” Botanica Marina, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 381–388, 2004.
- K. Hori, K. Matsubara, and K. Miyazawa, “Primary structures of two hemagglutinins from the marine red alga, Hypnea japonica,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1474, no. 2, pp. 226–236, 2000.
- P. J. L. Geraldino, E. C. Yang, M. S. Kim, and S. M. Boo, “Systematics of Hypnea asiatica sp. nov. (Hypneaceae, Rhodophyta) based on morphology and nrDNA SSU, plastid rbcL, and mitochondrial coxl,” Taxon, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 606–616, 2009.
- P. J. L. Geraldino, E. C. Yang, and S. M. Boo, “Morphology and molecular phylogeny of Hypnea flexicaulis (Gigartinales, Rhodophyta) from Korea,” Algae, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 417–423, 2006.
- M. A. Wolf, A. Sfriso, C. Andreoli, and I. Moro, “The presence of exotic Hypnea flexicaulis (Rhodophyta) in the Mediterranean Sea as indicated by morphology, rbcL and cox1 analyses,” Aquatic Botany, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 55–58, 2011.
- A. Rathinam, B. Maharshi, S. K. Janardhanan, R. R. Jonnalagadda, and B. U. Nair, “Biosorption of cadmium metal ion from simulated wastewaters using Hypnea valentiae biomass: a kinetic and thermodynamic study,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 101, no. 5, pp. 1466–1470, 2010.
- J. F. Zhang, E. Z. Xia, and B. M. Xia, “A comparative study of Hypnea musciformis(WULF.) Lamouroux and Hypnea Japonica Tanaka,” Oceanologia et Limnologia Sinica, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 35–43, 1963.
- B. M. Xia and Y. Q. Wang, “Some species of the Hypnea(Gigartinales, Rhodophyta) from China,” Taxonomy of Economic Seaweeds, vol. 6, pp. 193–206, 1997.
- B. M. Xia, Flora Algarum Marinarum Sinicarum, Tomus II Rhodophyta NO. IV, Science press, Beijing, China, 1999.
- W. X. Li, “Hypnea and its processing,” Marine Sciences, no. 2, pp. 24–29, 1978.
- S. Z. Chen, X. T. Guan, M. Y. Xu, et al., “Quantitative determination of trace elements and amino-acid in 3 economic Gracilaria of Hypena,” Trace Eements Science, vol. 6, no. 8, pp. 48–51, 1999.
- M. M. Zhao, S. X. Li, L. Ye, et al., “Studies on the technology of alkali treatment high gelation property Carrageenan from Hypnea,” Science and Technology of Food Industry, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 13–15, 2000.
- F. Liu, Studies on the Mechansim of Extracting High Gelation Property Carrageenan from Hypnea [Dissertation ], South China University of Technology, 2001.
- J. X. Xu, M. M. Zhao, W. F. Lin, et al., “Microstructure and chemical component analysis of Hypnea,” Journal of South China University of Technology (Natural Science Edition), vol. 31, no. 11, pp. 77–84, 2003.
- X.-J. Liao, S.-H. Xu, J.-P. Yang, and S.-H. Guo, “Chemical constituents of Hypnea charoides,” Chinese Traditional and Herbal Drugs, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 7–9, 2008.
- J. P. Yang, Studies on the chemical constituents of Hypnea charoides and Galaxaura filamentosa [Dissertation], Jinan University, 2005.
- G. G. Guist, C. J. Dawes, and J. R. Castle, “Mariculture of the red seaweed, Hypnea musciformis,” Aquaculture, vol. 28, no. 3-4, pp. 375–384, 1982.
- S. Y. Pan, “Influence of temperature and light on free living conchocelis of Porphyra haitanensis,” Hebei Fisheries, no. 2, pp. 17–20, 2006.
- J. W. Liu and S. L. Dong, “Interactions between light and temperature on the growth and levels of chemical constituents of Gracilaria tenuistipitata var. Liui,” Journal of Ocean University of Qingdao, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 332–338, 2001.
- H. M. Wang, S. F. Li, H. R. Che, et al., “Polyculture experiments on Gracilaria, Mentapenaeus and Scylla,” Journal of Fisheries of China, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 273–281, 1993.
- Z. N. Xu, X. T. Lin, X. L. Ji, Z. Wang, and C. Huang, “Effect of environmental factors on N and P uptake by Gracilaria tenuistipitata var. liui Zhang et Xia,” Chinese Journal of Applied Ecology, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 417–421, 2001.
- X. L. Cai, Physiological response of Gracilaria lemaneiformis to temperature and salinity stress [Dissertation], Ningbo University, 2011.
- B. E. Lapointe, “The effects of light and nitrogen on growth, pigment content, and biochemical composition of Gracilaria foliifera v. angustissima (Gigartinales, Rhodophyta),” Journal of Phycology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 90–95, 1981.
- Y. L. Jin, W. T. Wu, and W. Z. Chen, “Effects of differ ent temperature and salinity growth and biochemical constituents of Gracilaria chouae,” South China Fisheries Science, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 51–56, 2012.