- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 597253, 7 pages
The Adjunctive Digital Breast Tomosynthesis in Diagnosis of Breast Cancer
1Department of Radiology, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, Kaohsiung 81362, Taiwan
2National Yang-Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Received 8 January 2013; Revised 19 April 2013; Accepted 9 May 2013
Academic Editor: Mei-Hsiu Liao
Copyright © 2013 Tsung-Lung Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Mettlin, “Global breast cancer mortality statistics,” Ca-A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 138–144, 1999.
- R. A. Smith, “Breast cancer screening among women younger than age 50: a current assessment of the issues,” Ca-A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 312–336, 2000.
- L. Nystrom, L. E. Rutqvist, S. Wall et al., “Breast cancer screening with mammography: overview of Swedish randomised trials,” The Lancet, vol. 341, no. 8851, pp. 973–978, 1993, Published correction appears in The Lancet, vol. 342, p.1372, 1993.
- L. Tabar, C. J. Fagerberg, A. Gad, et al., “Reduction in mortality from breast cancer after mass screening with mammography: randomised trial from the Breast Cancer Screening Working Group of the Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare,” The Lancet, vol. 1, no. 8433, pp. 829–832, 1985.
- J. M. Lewin, C. J. D'Orsi, and R. E. Hendrick, “Digital mammography,” Radiologic Clinics of North America, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 871–884, 2004.
- T. M. Kolb, J. Lichy, and J. H. Newhouse, “Comparison of the performance of screening mammography, physical examination, and breast US and evaluation of factors that influence them: an analysis of 27,825 patient evaluations,” Radiology, vol. 225, no. 1, pp. 165–175, 2002.
- L. T. Niklason, B. T. Christian, L. E. Niklason et al., “Digital tomosynthesis in breast imaging,” Radiology, vol. 205, no. 2, pp. 399–406, 1997.
- J. T. Dobbins III and D. J. Godfrey, “Digital x-ray tomosynthesis: current state of the art and clinical potential,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 48, no. 19, pp. R65–R106, 2003.
- M. P. Jeong, E. A. Franken Jr., M. Garg, L. L. Fajardo, and L. T. Niklason, “Breast tomosynthesis: Present considerations and future applications,” Radiographics, vol. 27, supplement 1, pp. S231–S240, 2007.
- E. A. Rafferty, “Digital Mammography: novel Applications,” Radiologic Clinics of North America, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 831–843, 2007.
- G. Gennaro, A. Toledano, C. Di Maggio et al., “Digital breast tomosynthesis versus digital mammography: a clinical performance study,” European Radiology, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 1545–1553, 2010.
- I. Andersson, D. M. Ikeda, S. Zackrisson et al., “Breast tomosynthesis and digital mammography: a comparison of breast cancer visibility and BIRADS classification in a population of cancers with subtle mammographic findings,” European Radiology, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 2817–2825, 2008.
- M. L. Zuley, A. I. Bandos, M. A. Ganott, et al., “Digital breast tomosynthesis versus supplemental diagnostic mammographic views for evaluation of noncalcified breast lesions,” Radiology, vol. 266, pp. 89–95, 2013.
- P. Skaane, R. Gullien, H. Bjørndal, et al., “Digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT): initial experience in a clinical setting,” Radiologica, vol. 53, pp. 524–529, 2012.
- A. Tejerina Bernal, A. Tejerina Bernal, and F. Rabadn Doreste, “Breast imaging: how we manage diagnostic technology at a multidisciplinary breast center,” Journal of Oncology, vol. 2012, Article ID 213421, 9 pages, 2012.
- S. P. Poplack, T. D. Tosteson, C. A. Kogel, and H. M. Nagy, “Digital breast tomosynthesis: Initial experience in 98 women with abnormal digital screening mammography,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 189, no. 3, pp. 616–623, 2007.
- American College of Radiology (ACR), Illustrated Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System (BI-RADS), American College of Radiology, Reston, Va, USA, 4th edition, 2003.
- C. W. Piccoli, S. A. Feig, and J. P. Palazzo, “Developing asymmetric breast tissue,” Radiology, vol. 211, no. 1, pp. 111–117, 1999.
- F. Sperber, U. Metser, A. Gat, A. Shalmon, and N. Yaal-Hahoshen, “Focal asymmetric breast density: mammographic, sonographic and pathological correlation in 97 lesions—a call to restrain biopsies,” Israel Medical Association Journal, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 720–723, 2007.
- B. C. Yankaskas, M. J. Schell, R. E. Bird, and D. A. Desrochers, “Reassessment of breast cancers missed during routine screening mammography: a community-based study,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 177, no. 3, pp. 535–541, 2001.
- H. C. Burrell, A. J. Evans, A. Robin, M. Wilson, and S. E. Pinder, “False-negative breast screening assessment. What lessons can we learn?” Clinical Radiology, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 385–388, 2001.
- M. L. Spangler, M. L. Zuley, J. H. Sumkin et al., “Detection and classification of calcifications on digital breast tomosynthesis and 2D digital mammography: a comparison,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 196, no. 2, pp. 320–324, 2011.
- D. Gur, G. S. Abrams, D. M. Chough et al., “Digital breast tomosynthesis: observer performance study,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 193, no. 2, pp. 586–591, 2009.
- D. Kontos, P. R. Bakic, A.-K. Carton, A. B. Troxel, E. F. Conant, and A. D. A. Maidment, “Parenchymal texture analysis in digital breast tomosynthesis for breast cancer risk estimation: a preliminary study,” Academic Radiology, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 283–298, 2009.
- H. J. Teertstra, C. E. Loo, M. A. A. J. Van Den Bosch et al., “Breast tomosynthesis in clinical practice: initial results,” European Radiology, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 16–24, 2010.