- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 604787, 9 pages
Antioxidant, Antiproliferative, and Antiangiogenesis Effects of Polyphenol-Rich Seaweed (Sargassum muticum)
1Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
2Department of Medicine & Applied Biology Research Center, Mashhad Branch, Islamic Azad University, Iran
3Faculty of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
4Department of Biology, Applied Biology Research Center, Mashhad Branch, Islamic Azad University, Iran
5Department of Microbiology and Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Received 18 March 2013; Revised 18 June 2013; Accepted 23 June 2013
Academic Editor: Jozef Anneè
Copyright © 2013 Farideh Namvar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ghislain Moussavou, Dong Hoon Kwak, Brice Wilfried Obiang-Obonou, Cyr Abel Ogandaga Maranguy, Sylvatrie-Danne Dinzouna-Boutamba, Dae Hoon Lee, Ordelia Gwenaelle Manvoudou Pissibanganga, Kisung Ko, Jae In Seo, and Young Kug Choo, “Anticancer Effects of Different Seaweeds on Human Colon and Breast Cancers,” Marine Drugs, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 4898–4911, 2014.
- Mei Jing Piao, Ki Cheon Kim, Jian Zheng, Cheng Wen Yao, Ji Won Cha, Sun Jin Boo, Weon Jong Yoon, Hee Kyoung Kang, Eun Sook Yoo, Young Sang Koh, Mi Hee Ko, Nam Ho Lee, and Jin Won Hyun, “ The ethyl acetate fraction of Sargassum muticum attenuates ultraviolet B radiation-induced apoptotic cell death via regulation of MAPK- and caspase-dependent signaling pathways in human HaCaT keratinocytes ,” Pharmaceutical Biology, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- Sheng Wang, Yan Li, William White, and Jun Lu, “Extracts from New Zealand Undaria pinnatifida Containing Fucoxanthin as Potential Functional Biomaterials against Cancer in Vitro,” Journal of Functional Biomaterials, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 29–42, 2014.
- Yii-Huei Yen, Ammad Ahmad Farooqi, Kun-Tzu Li, Ghazala Butt, Jen-Yang Tang, Chang-Yi Wu, Yuan-Bin Cheng, Ming-Feng Hou, and Hsueh-Wei Chang, “Methanolic Extracts of Solieria robusta Inhibits Proliferation of Oral Cancer Ca9-22 Cells via Apoptosis and Oxidative Stress,” Molecules, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 18721–18732, 2014.
- Zhe Li, Tiejun Qu, Chen Ding, Chi Ma, Hongchen Sun, Shirong Li, and Xiaohua Liu, “Injectable gelatin derivative hydrogels with sustained vascular endothelial growth factor release for induced angiogenesis,” Acta Biomaterialia, 2014.
- Saerong Kim, Dong Hun You, Taejun Han, and Eun-Mi Choi, “Modulation of viability and apoptosis of UVB-exposed human keratinocyte HaCaT cells by aqueous methanol extract of laver (Porphyra yezoensis),” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology, 2014.
- Farideh Namvar, Heshu Sulaiman Rahman, Rosfarizan Mohamad, Javad Baharara, Mahnaz Mahdavi, Elaheh Amini, Max Stanley Chartrand, and Swee Keong Yeap, “Cytotoxic effect of magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles synthesized via seaweed aqueous extract,” International Journal of Nanomedicine, vol. 9, pp. 2479–2488, 2014.
- Elena M. Balboa, Andres Moure, and Herminia Dominguez, “Valorization of Sargassum muticum Biomass According to the Biorefinery Concept,” Marine Drugs, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 3745–3760, 2015.
- Tino Schneider, Karina Ehrig, Inga Liewert, and Susanne Alban, “ Interference with the CXCL12/CXCR4 axis as potential antitumor strategy: superiority of a sulfated galactofucan from the brown alga Saccharina latissima and Fucoidan over heparins ,” Glycobiology, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 812–824, 2015.
- Toktam Javan-Jaafari-Bojnourdi, and Javad Baharara, “The Effect of Alcoholic Extract of Persian Gulf Chiton (lamyi) Shell on Angiogenesis in Chick Chorioallantoic Membrane,” Zahedan Journal of Research in Medical Sciences, vol. 17, no. 3, 2015.
- Ayman M. Mahmoud, Ehab M. Abdella, Azza M. El-Derby, and Eman M. Abdella, “ Protective Effects of Turbinaria ornata and Padina pavonia against Azoxymethane-Induced Colon Carcinogenesis through Modulation of PPAR Gamma, NF-κB and Oxidative Stress ,” Phytotherapy Research, 2015.
- John J. Milledge, Birthe V. Nielsen, and David Bailey, “High-value products from macroalgae: the potential uses of the invasive brown seaweed, Sargassum muticum,” Reviews in Environmental Science and Bio/Technology, 2015.
- Farideh Namvar, Heshu Sulaiman Rahman, Rosfarizan Mohamad, Susan Azizi, Paridah Mohd Tahir, Max Stanley Chartrand, and Swee Keong Yeap, “Cytotoxic Effects of Biosynthesized Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles on Murine Cell Lines,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2015, pp. 1–11, 2015.
- Severina Pacifico, Simona Piccolella, Ferdinando Papale, Paola Nocera, Annamaria Lettieri, and Michelina Catauro, “A polyphenol complex from Thymus vulgaris L. plants cultivated in the Campania Region (Italy): New perspectives against neuroblastoma,” Journal of Functional Foods, vol. 20, pp. 253–266, 2016.