- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 626452, 9 pages
Bioactive Surface Modification of Hydroxyapatite
1Department of Advanced Prosthodontics, Applied Life Sciences, Institute of Biomedical & Health Sciences, Hiroshima University,
1-2-3, Kasumi, Minami-ku, Hiroshima 734-8553, Japan
2Department of Biomaterial Science, Basic Life Sciences, Institute of Biomedical & Health Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1-2-3, Kasumi, Minami-ku, Hiroshima 734-8553, Japan
Received 2 April 2013; Accepted 20 May 2013
Academic Editor: Salvatore Sauro
Copyright © 2013 Yasuhiko Abe et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Hoppe, N. S. Güldal, and A. R. Boccaccini, “A review of the biological response to ionic dissolution products from bioactive glasses and glass-ceramics,” Biomaterials, vol. 32, no. 11, pp. 2757–2774, 2011.
- S. V. Dorozhkin, “Bioceramics of calcium orthophosphates,” Biomaterials, vol. 31, no. 7, pp. 1465–1485, 2010.
- S. Cai, G. H. Xu, X. Z. Yu, W. J. Zhang, Z. Y. Xiao, and K. D. Yao, “Fabrication and biological characteristics of β-tricalcium phosphate porous ceramic scaffolds reinforced with calcium phosphate glass,” Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 351–358, 2009.
- G. Daculsi, O. Laboux, O. Malard, and P. Weiss, “Current state of the art of biphasic calcium phosphate bioceramics,” Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 195–200, 2003.
- S. Kannan, S. I. Vieira, S. M. Olhero et al., “Synthesis, mechanical and biological characterization of ionic doped carbonated hydroxyapatite/β-tricalcium phosphate mixtures,” Acta Biomaterialia, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 1835–1843, 2011.
- H. Yun, J. Park, S. Kim, Y. Kim, and J. Jang, “Effect of the pore structure of bioactive glass balls on biocompatibility in vitro and in vivo,” Acta Biomaterialia, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 2651–2660, 2011.
- Y. Ito, N. Tanaka, Y. Fujimoto et al., “Bone formation using novel interconnected porous calcium hydroxyapatite ceramic hybridized with cultured marrow stromal stem cells derived from Green rat,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research A, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 454–461, 2004.
- K. Morita, K. Doi, T. Kubo et al., “Enhanced initial bone regeneration with inorganic polyphosphate-adsorbed hydroxyapatite,” Acta Biomaterialia, vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 2808–2815, 2010.
- D. Olton, J. Li, M. E. Wilson et al., “Nanostructured calcium phosphates (NanoCaPs) for non-viral gene delivery: influence of the synthesis parameters on transfection efficiency,” Biomaterials, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 1267–1279, 2007.
- S. Meng, Z. Zhang, and M. Rouabhia, “Accelerated osteoblast mineralization on a conductive substrate by multiple electrical stimulation,” Journal of Bone and Mineral Metabolism, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 535–544, 2011.
- S. V. Dorozhkin, “Surface reactions of apatite dissolution,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 191, no. 2, pp. 489–497, 1997.
- S. V. Dorozhkin, “Inorganic chemistry of the dissolution phenomenon: the dissolution mechanism of calcium apatites at the atomic (ionic) level,” Comments on Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 20, no. 4-6, pp. 285–299, 1999.
- S. Bertazzo, W. F. Zambuzzi, D. D. P. Campos, T. L. Ogeda, C. V. Ferreira, and C. A. Bertran, “Hydroxyapatite surface solubility and effect on cell adhesion,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 78, no. 2, pp. 177–184, 2010.
- K. Gellynck, E. A. Abou Neel, H. Li et al., “Cell attachment and response to photocured, degradable bone adhesives containing tricalcium phosphate and purmorphamine,” Acta Biomaterialia, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 2672–2677, 2011.
- Y. Tanimoto, Y. Shibata, Y. Kataoka, T. Miyazaki, and N. Nishiyama, “Osteoblast-like cell proliferation on tape-cast and sintered tricalcium phosphate sheets,” Acta Biomaterialia, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 397–402, 2008.
- H. Sowa, H. Kaji, T. Yamaguchi, T. Sugimoto, and K. Chihara, “Smad3 promotes alkaline phosphatase activity and mineralization of osteoblastic MC3T3-E1 cells,” Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 1190–1199, 2002.
- S. Sista, C. Wen, P. D. Hodgson, and G. Pande, “The influence of surface energy of titanium-zirconium alloy on osteoblast cell functions in vitro,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research A, vol. 97, no. 1, pp. 27–36, 2011.