- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 630683, 7 pages
Bovine Papillomavirus Clastogenic Effect Analyzed in Comet Assay
1Laboratório de Genética, Instituto Butantan, Avenida Vital Brasil, 1500, Butantã, 05503-900 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
2Programa de Pós-graduação Interunidades em Biotecnologia, Instituto de Ciências Biomédicas, Universidade de São Paulo, Avenida Prof. Lineu Prestes, 2415 Edifício ICB-III-Cidade Universitária, 05508-900 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
3Programa de Pós-graduação em Biologia Estrutural e Funcional, Universidade Federal de São Paulo, Rua Botucatu, 740, 04023-900 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
4Departamento de Biologia, Universidade Federal da Integração Latino-Americana (UNILA), Avenida Tancredo Neves, 6731 bloco 4, 85867-970 Foz do Iguaçú, PR, Brazil
Received 26 March 2013; Accepted 8 May 2013
Academic Editor: Franco Roperto
Copyright © 2013 R. P. Araldi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. C. Stocco dos Santos, C. J. Lindsey, O. P. Ferraz et al., “Bovine papillomavirus transmission and chromosomal aberrations: an experimental model,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 79, no. 9, pp. 2127–2135, 1998.
- A. C. de Freitas, C. de Carvalho, O. Brunner et al., “Viral DNA sequences in peripheral blood and vertical transmission of the virus: a discussion about BPV-1,” Brazilian Journal of Microbiology, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 76–78, 2003.
- Z.-M. Zheng and C. C. Baker, “Papillomavirus genome structure, expression, and post-transcriptional regulation,” Frontiers in Bioscience, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 2286–2302, 2006.
- A. C. Freitas, M. A. R. Silva, C. C. R. Carvalho et al., “Papillomavirus DNAdetectionin non-epithelial tissue: adiscussion about bovine papillomavirus,” in Communicating Current Research and Educational Topics and Trends in Applied Microbiology, pp. 697–704, 2007.
- S. Roperto, R. Brun, F. Paolini et al., “Detection of bovine papillomavirus type 2 in the peripheral blood of cattle with urinary bladder tumours: possible biological role,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 89, no. 12, pp. 3027–3033, 2008.
- J. You, “Papillomavirus interaction with cellular chromatin,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, vol. 1799, no. 3-4, pp. 192–199, 2010.
- A. C. Freitas, A. R. M. Silva, A. L. S. Jesus et al., “Recent insights into bovine papillomavirus,” African Journal of Microbiology Research, vol. 5, no. 33, pp. 6004–6012, 2011.
- C. de Carvalho, A. C. de Freitas, O. Brunner et al., “Bovine papillomavirus type 2 in reproductive tract and gametes of slaughtered bovine females,” Brazilian Journal of Microbiology, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 82–84, 2003.
- M. Lunardi, A. A. Alfieri, R. A. A. Otonel et al., “Genetic characterization of a novel bovine papillomavirus member of the Deltapapillomavirus genus,” Veterinary Microbiology, vol. 162, no. 1, pp. 207–213, 2013.
- J. DeMasi, M. C. Chao, A. S. Kumar, and P. M. Howley, “Bovine papillomavirus E7 oncoprotein inhibits anoikis,” Journal of Virology, vol. 81, no. 17, pp. 9419–9425, 2007.
- C. J. Lindsey, M. E. Almeida, C. F. Vicari et al., “Bovine papillomavirus DNA in milk, blood, urine, semen, and spermatozoa of bovine papillomavirus-infected animals,” Genetics and Molecular Research, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 310–318, 2009.
- S. R. C. Campos, C. Trindade, O. P. Ferraz et al., “Can established cultured papilloma cells harbor bovine papillomavirus?” Genetics and Molecular Research, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 1119–1126, 2008.
- W. Zhu, J. Dong, E. Shimizu et al., “Characterization of novel bovine papillomavirus type 12 (BPV-12) causing epithelial papilloma,” Archives of Virology, vol. 157, no. 1, pp. 85–91, 2012.
- O. Östling and K. Johanson, “Microeletrophoretic study of radiation-induced DNA damages in individual mammalian cells,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 123, pp. 291–298, 1984.
- N. P. Singh, M. T. McCoy, R. R. Tice, and E. L. Schneider, “A simple technique for quantitation of low levels of DNA damage in individual cells,” Experimental Cell Research, vol. 175, no. 1, pp. 184–191, 1988.
- P. Escobar, “New applications of the Comet Assay in genetic toxicology testing,” in Proceedings of the Genetic Toxicology Association Meeting, September 2008.
- S. A. S. Langie, K. M. Cameron, K. J. Waldron, K. P. R. Fletcher, T. von Zglinicki, and J. C. Mathers, “Measuring DNA repair incision activity of mouse tissue extracts towards singlet oxygen-induced DNA damage: a comet-based in vitro repair assay,” Mutagenesis, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 461–471, 2011.
- S. Khoei, S. Delfan, A. Neshasteh-Riz, and S. R. Mahdavi, “Evaluation of the combined effect of 2ME2 and 60Co on the inducement of DNA damage by IUdR in a spheroid model of the U87MG glioblastoma cancer cell line using alkaline comet assay,” Cell Journal, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 83–90, 2011.
- R. Fabiani, P. Rosignoli, A. de Bartolomeo, R. Fuccelli, and G. Morozzi, “Genotoxicity of alkene epoxides in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells and HL60 leukaemia cells evaluated with the comet assay,” Mutation Research, vol. 747, pp. 1–6, 2012.
- J. D. C. Dias, M. D. C. Sgnacchiti, P. G. G. Giuriato, L. C. Nunes, and O. S. Pereira-Júnior, “Detecção do papilomavírus bovino tipo 2 em bexigas de bovinos com hematúria enzoótica pela técnica de reação de cadeia de polimerase no Sul do Espírito Santo,” Revista Brasileira de Medicina Veterinária, vol. 34, pp. 146–151, 2012.
- A. Yaguiu, M. L. Z. Dagli, E. H. Birgel Jr. et al., “Simultaneous presence of bovine papillomavirus and bovine leukemia virus in different bovine tissues: in situ hybridization and cytogenetic analysis,” Genetics and Molecular Research, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 487–497, 2008.
- T. A. Hall, “BioEdit: a user-friendly biological sequence alignment editor and analysis program for Windows 95/98/NT,” Nucleic Acids Symposium Series, vol. 41, pp. 95–98, 1999.
- S. Duensing and K. Münger, “The human papillomavirus type 16 E6 and E7 oncoproteins independently induce numerical and structural chromosome instability,” Cancer Research, vol. 62, no. 23, pp. 7075–7082, 2002.
- Y. Liu and J. D. Baleja, “Structure and function of the papillomavirus E6 protein and its interacting proteins,” Frontiers in Bioscience, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 121–134, 2008.
- R. Wade, N. Brimer, and S. Vande Pol, “Transformation by bovine papillomavirus type 1 E6 requires paxillin,” Journal of Virology, vol. 82, no. 12, pp. 5962–5966, 2008.
- T. C. Melo, N. Diniz, S. R. C. Campos et al., “Cytogenetic studies in peripheral blood of bovines afflicted by papillomatosis,” Veterinary and Comparative Oncology, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 269–274, 2011.
- S. B. Primrose and R. M. Twyman, Principles of Gene Manipulation and Genomics, Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford, UK, 7th edition, 2006.
- G. B. Cavalcanti-Júnior, C. E. Klumb, and R. C. Maia, “p53 e as hemopatias malignas,” Revista Brasileira de Cancerologia, vol. 48, pp. 419–442, 2002.
- M. O'Driscoll and P. A. Jeggo, “The role of double-strand break repair—insights from human genetics,” Nature Reviews Genetics, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 45–54, 2006.
- R. Kanaar, J. H. J. Hoeijmakers, and D. C. van Gent, “Molecular mechanisms of DNA double-strand break repair,” Trends in Cell Biology, vol. 8, no. 12, pp. 483–489, 1998.
- M. Shrivastav, L. P. de Haro, and J. A. Nickoloff, “Regulation of DNA double-strand break repair pathway choice,” Cell Research, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 134–147, 2008.
- A. Collins, D. Anderson, E. Coskun et al., “Launch of the ComNet (Comet-Network) project on the comet assay in human population studies during the International Comet Assay Workshop Meeting in Kusadasi, Turkey (September 13–16, 2011),” Mutagenesis, vol. 27, pp. 385–386, 2012.
- B. K. Wobeser, J. E. Hill, M. L. Jackson et al., “Localization of Bovine papillomavirus in equine sarcoids and inflammatory skin conditions of horses using laser microdissection and two forms of DNA amplification,” Journal of Veterinary Diagnostic Investigation, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 32–41, 2012.
- S. Roperto, S. Comazzi, E. Ciusani et al., “PBMCS are additional sites of productive infection of bovine papillomavirus type 2,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 92, no. 8, pp. 1787–1794, 2011.
- B. Hartl, E. K. Hainisch, S. Shafti-Keramat et al., “Inoculation of young horses with bovine papillomavirus type 1 virions leads to early infection of PBMCS prior to pseudo-sarcoid formation,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 92, no. 10, pp. 2437–2445, 2011.
- C. T. Leung and J. S. Brugge, “Outgrowth of single oncogene-expressing cells from suppressive epithelial environments,” Nature, vol. 482, no. 7385, pp. 410–413, 2012.