- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 634207, 9 pages
Association of CILP2 and ACE Gene Polymorphisms with Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Slovak Midlife Women
Department of Anthropology, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University, Mlynska Dolina, 842 15 Bratislava, Slovakia
Received 29 April 2013; Revised 14 September 2013; Accepted 24 September 2013
Academic Editor: Susumu Minamisawa
Copyright © 2013 Lenka Luptáková et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Kathiresan, O. Melander, C. Guiducci et al., “Six new loci associated with blood low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol or triglycerides in humans,” Nature Genetics, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 189–197, 2008.
- T. Sipahi, M. Budak, S. Şen, A. Ay, and S. Şener, “Association between ACE gene insertion (I)/deletion (D) polymorphism and primary hypertension in Turkish patients of Trakya region,” Biotechnology and Biotechnological Equipment, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 104–108, 2006.
- S. Fiatal, E. Szigethy, G. Széles, R. Tóth, and R. Ádány, “Insertion/deletion polymorphism of angiotensin-1 converting enzyme is associated with metabolic syndrome in Hungarian adults,” Journal of the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 531–538, 2011.
- E. S. Tai, X. L. Sim, T. H. Ong et al., “Polymorphisms at newly identified lipid-associated loci are associated with blood lipids and cardiovascular disease in an Asian Malay population,” Journal of Lipid Research, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 514–520, 2009.
- K. Rašlová, M. Dobiašová, A. J. Hubáček, et al., “Association of metabolic and genetic factors with cholesterol esterification rate in HDL plasma and atherogenic index of plasma in a 40 years old Slovak population,” Physiological Research, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 785–795, 2011.
- A. M. Valdes, D. J. Hart, K. A. Jones et al., “Association study of candidate genes for the prevalence and progression of knee osteoarthritis,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 50, no. 8, pp. 2497–2507, 2004.
- F. Cambien, “The angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) genetic polymorphism: its relationship with plasma ACE level and myocardial infarction,” Clinical Genetics, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 94–101, 1994.
- B. Rigat, C. Hubert, F. Alhenc-Gelas, F. Cambien, P. Corvol, and F. Soubrier, “An insertion/deletion polymorphism in the angiotensin I-converting enzyme gene accounting for half the variance of serum enzyme levels,” The Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 86, no. 4, pp. 1343–1346, 1990.
- A. H. J. Danser, M. A. D. H. Schalekamp, W. A. Bax et al., “Angiotensin-converting enzyme in the human heart: effect of the deletion/insertion polymorphism,” Circulation, vol. 92, no. 6, pp. 1387–1388, 1995.
- B. Peterlin, D. Petrovič, M. Zorc, and I. Keber, “Deletion/insertion polymorphism in the angiotension—converting enzyme gene as a risk factor in the Slovenian patients with coronary heart disease,” Pflügers Archiv—European Journal of Physiology, vol. 439, no. 7, pp. R40–R41, 2000.
- F. Cambien, O. Poirier, L. Lecerf et al., “Deletion polymorphism in the gene for angiotensin-converting enzyme is a potent risk factor for myocardial infarction,” Nature, vol. 359, no. 6396, pp. 641–644, 1992.
- P. Strazzullo, R. Iacone, L. Iacoviello et al., “Genetic variation in the renin-angiotensin system and abdominal adiposity in men: the olivetti prospective heart study,” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 138, no. 1, pp. 17–23, 2003.
- Badaruddoza and N. Sudhir, “No evidence for association between ACE gene insertion (I)/deletion (D) polymorphism and hypertension in North Indian Punjabi population,” International Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 12, pp. 179–185, 2012.
- M. Zajc-Petranović, T. Skarić-Jurić, N. Smolej-Narančić, et al., “Angiotensin converting enzyme deletion allele is beneficial for the longevity for Europeans,” Age, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 583–5595, 2012.
- World Health Organization, Research on the Menopause in the 1990s: Report of a WHO Scientific Group, WHO Technical Report Series, no. 866, World Health Organization, 1996.
- R. Knussmann, Anthropologie. Band I: Wesen und Methoden der Anthropologie, Gustav Fischer, Stuttgart, Germany, 1988.
- W. T. Friedewald, R. I. Levy, and D. S. Fredrickson, “Estimation of the concentration of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma, without use of the preparative ultracentrifuge,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 499–502, 1972.
- B. Rigat, C. Hubert, P. Corvol, and F. Soubrier, “PCR detection of the insertion/deletion polymorphism of the human angiotensin converting enzyme gene (DCP1) (dipeptidyl carboxypeptidase 1),” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 20, no. 6, p. 1433, 1992.
- Z. Danková, D. Siváková, L. Luptáková, and P. Blazíček, “Association of ACE, (I/D) polymorphism with metabolic syndrome and hypertension in two ethnic groups in Slovakia,” Anthropologischer Anzeiger, vol. 67, pp. 305–316, 2009.
- L. Járomi, V. Csöngei, N. Polgár et al., “Triglyceride level-influencing functional variants of the ANGPTL3, CILP2, and TRIB1 loci in ischemic stroke,” NeuroMolecular Medicine, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 179–186, 2011.
- K. Nakayama, T. Bayasgalan, K. Yamanaka, et al., “Large scale replication analysis of loci associated with lipid concentrations in a Japanese population,” Journal of Medical Genetics, vol. 46, pp. 370–374, 2009.
- K. Zhuang, W. Zhang, X. Zhang, F. Wu, and L. Cheng, “Effects of SNPs at newly identified lipids loci on blood lipid levels and risk of coronary heart disease in Chinese Han population: a case control study,” Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology. Medical Sciences, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 452–456, 2011.
- T.-T. Yan, R.-X. Yin, Q. Li et al., “Sex-specific association of rs16996148 SNP in the NCAN/CILP2/PBX4 and serum lipid levels in the Mulao and Han populations,” Lipids in Health and Disease, vol. 10, article 248, 2011.
- M. Cubrilo-Turek, J. Sertić, and Z. Duraković, “Angiotensin-converting enzyme gene polymorphism, lipids, and apolipoproteins in menopausal women on hormone replacement therapy,” Acta Medica Croatica, vol. 55, no. 4-5, pp. 161–167, 2001.
- A. J. Proudler, A. I. H. Ahmed, D. Crook, I. Fogelman, J. M. Rymer, and J. C. Stevenson, “Hormone replacement therapy and serum angiotensin-converting-enzyme activity in postmenopausal women,” The Lancet, vol. 346, no. 8967, pp. 89–90, 1995.
- D. Siváková, A. Lajdová, Z. Bašistová, M. Cvíčelová, P. Karabová, and P. Blažíček, “Relationships between blood pressure, polymorphism of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE), body composition and biochemical characteristics in elderly Slovaks,” Anthropologisher Anzeiger, vol. 66, pp. 199–209, 2008.
- T. Katsuya, M. Horiuchi, Y.-D. I. Chen et al., “Relations between deletion polymorphism of the angiotensin-converting enzyme gene and insulin resistance, glucose intolerance, hyperinsulinemia, and dyslipidemia,” Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 779–782, 1995.
- D. K. Nagi, C. A. Foy, V. Mohamed-Ali, J. S. Yudkin, P. J. Grant, and W. C. Knowler, “Angiotensin-1-converting enzyme (ACE) gene polymorphism, plasma ACE levels, and their association with the metabolic syndrome and electrocardiographic coronary artery disease in Pima Indians,” Metabolism, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 622–626, 1998.
- J. M. Hagberg, R. E. Ferrell, D. R. Dengel, and K. R. Wilund, “Exercise training-induced blood pressure and plasma lipid improvements in hypertensives may be genotype dependent,” Hypertension, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 18–23, 1999.
- A. S. Ryan, B. J. Nicklas, D. M. Berman, and R. E. Ferrell, “The insertion/deletion polymorphism of the ACE gene is related to insulin sensitivity in overweight women,” Diabetes Care, vol. 24, no. 9, pp. 1646–1652, 2001.
- J. Bienertova-Vasku, P. Bienert, L. Sablikova et al., “Effect of ID ACE gene polymorphism on dietary composition and obesity-related anthropometric parameters in the Czech adult population,” Genes and Nutrition, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 207–213, 2009.
- M. Das, S. Pal, and A. Ghosh, “Synergistic effects of ACE (I/D) and ApoE (HhaI) gene polymorphisms among the adult Asian Indians with and without metabolic syndrome,” Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, vol. 86, no. 3, pp. e58–e61, 2009.