- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 637850, 5 pages
Comparison between the Repression Potency of siRNA Targeting the Coding Region and the 3′-Untranslated Region of mRNA
1Institute of Biotechnology in Medicine, Department of Biotechnology and Laboratory Science in Medicine, Yang-Ming University, Taipei 11221, Taiwan
2Department of Medical Research and Education, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei 11217, Taiwan
Received 15 April 2013; Revised 29 May 2013; Accepted 29 May 2013
Academic Editor: Kuo-Chen Chou
Copyright © 2013 Ching-Fang Lai et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. de Fougerolles, H. P. Vornlocher, J. Maraganore, and J. Lieberman, “Interfering with disease: a progress report on siRNA-based therapeutics,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 443–453, 2007.
- J. Krol, I. Loedige, and W. Filipowicz, “The widespread regulation of microRNA biogenesis, function and decay,” Nature Reviews Genetics, vol. 11, no. 9, pp. 597–610, 2010.
- K. Sakurai, M. Amarzguioui, D. H. Kim et al., “A role for human Dicer in pre-RISC loading of siRNAs,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 1510–1525, 2011.
- C. Matranga, Y. Tomari, C. Shin, D. P. Bartel, and P. D. Zamore, “Passenger-strand cleavage facilitates assembly of siRNA into Ago2-containing RNAi enzyme complexes,” Cell, vol. 123, no. 4, pp. 607–620, 2005.
- N. J. Caplen, J. Fleenor, A. Fire, and R. A. Morgan, “dsRNA-mediated gene silencing in cultured Drosophila cells: a tissue culture model for the analysis of RNA interference,” Gene, vol. 252, no. 1-2, pp. 95–105, 2000.
- M. R. Lares, J. J. Rossi, and D. L. Ouellet, “RNAi and small interfering RNAs in human disease therapeutic applications,” Trends in Biotechnology, vol. 28, no. 11, pp. 570–579, 2010.
- H. C. Lee, C. Y. Chen, and L. C. Au, “Systemic comparison of repression activity for miRNA and siRNA associated with different types of target sequences,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 411, no. 2, pp. 393–396, 2011.
- S. M. Elbashir, J. Harborth, W. Lendeckel, A. Yalcin, K. Weber, and T. Tuschl, “Duplexes of 21-nucleotide RNAs mediate RNA interference in cultured mammalian cells,” Nature, vol. 411, no. 6836, pp. 494–498, 2001.
- J. Kurreck, “siRNA efficiency: structure or sequence—that is the question,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2006, Article ID 83757, 7 pages, 2006.
- R. Patel, N. C. T'Wallant, M. H. Herbert, D. White, J. G. Murison, and G. Reid, “The potency of siRNA-mediated growth inhibition following silencing of essential genes is dependent on siRNA design and varies with target sequence,” Oligonucleotides, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 317–328, 2009.
- E. Yigit, J. M. Bischof, Z. Zhang, et al., “Nucleosome mapping across the CFTR locus identifies novel regulatory factors,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 2857–2868, 2013.
- B. Q. Li, L. L. Hu, S. Niu, Y. D. Cai, and K. C. Chou, “Predict and analyze S-nitrosylation modification sites with the mRMR and IFS approaches,” Journal of Proteomics, vol. 75, no. 5, pp. 1654–1665, 2012.
- W. Chen, P. M. Feng, H. Lin, and K. C. Chou, “iRSpot-PseDNC: identify recombination spots with pseudo dinucleotide composition,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 41, no. 6, p. e68, 2013.
- X. Xiao, P. Wang, W. Z. Lin, J. H. Jia, and K. C. Chou, “iAMP-2L: a two-level multi-label classifier for identifying antimicrobial peptides and their functional types,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 436, no. 2, pp. 168–177, 2013.
- Y. Jiang, T. Huang, L. Chen, Y. F. Gao, Y. Cai, and K. C. Chou, “Signal propagation in protein interaction network during colorectal cancer progression,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, Article ID 287019, 9 pages, 2013.
- Y. D. Cai, X. J. Liu, E. B. Xu, and K. C. Chou, “Support vector machines for predicting HIV protease cleavage sites in protein,” Journal of Computational Chemistry, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 267–274, 2002.
- P. C. Huang, C. Y. Chen, F. Y. Yang, and L. C. Au, “A multisampling reporter system for monitoring microRNA activity in the same population of cells,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2009, Article ID 104716, 5 pages, 2009.
- M. Zuker and P. Stiegler, “Optimal computer folding of large RNA sequences using thermodynamics and auxiliary information,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 133–148, 1981.
- D. H. Mathews, J. Sabina, M. Zuker, and D. H. Turner, “Expanded sequence dependence of thermodynamic parameters improves prediction of RNA secondary structure,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 288, no. 5, pp. 911–940, 1999.
- J. S. McCaskill, “The equilibrium partition function and base pair binding probabilities for RNA secondary structure,” Biopolymers, vol. 29, no. 6-7, pp. 1105–1119, 1990.
- G. Meister, “miRNAs get an early start on translational silencing,” Cell, vol. 131, no. 1, pp. 25–28, 2007.
- Z. S. Kai and A. E. Pasquinelli, “MicroRNA assassins: factors that regulate the disappearance of miRNAs,” Nature Structural & Molecular Biology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 5–10, 2010.
- K. C. Chou and H. B. Shen, “Recent advances in developing web-serves for predicting protein attributes,” Natural Science, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 63–92, 2009.