- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 639725, 5 pages
Green Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles Using Pinus eldarica Bark Extract
Department of Pharmacognosy and Isfahan Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Center, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan 81744-176, Iran
Received 24 April 2013; Accepted 6 August 2013
Academic Editor: Maria Alice Zarur Coelho
Copyright © 2013 Siavash Iravani and Behzad Zolfaghari. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Iravani, “Green synthesis of metal nanoparticles using plants,” Green Chemistry, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 2638–2650, 2011.
- H. Korbekandi, S. Iravani, and S. Abbasi, “Production of nanoparticles using organisms production of nanoparticles using organisms,” Critical Reviews in Biotechnology, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 279–306, 2009.
- S. Kotthaus, B. H. Günther, R. Haug, and H. Schäfer, “Study of isotropically conductive bondings filled with aggregates of nano-sized Ag-particles,” IEEE Transactions on Components Packaging and Manufacturing Technology A, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 15–20, 1997.
- T. Klaus-Joerger, R. Joerger, E. Olsson, and C. Granqvist, “Bacteria as workers in the living factory: metal-accumulating bacteria and their potential for materials science,” Trends in Biotechnology, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 15–20, 2001.
- K. Cho, J. Park, T. Osaka, and S. Park, “The study of antimicrobial activity and preservative effects of nanosilver ingredient,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 956–960, 2005.
- N. Durán, P. D. Marcato, G. I. H. de Souza, O. L. Alves, and E. Esposito, “Antibacterial effect of silver nanoparticles produced by fungal process on textile fabrics and their effluent treatment,” Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 203–208, 2007.
- G. Schmid, “Large clusters and colloids. Metals in the embryonic state,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 92, no. 8, pp. 1709–1727, 1992.
- A. J. Hoffman, G. Mills, H. Yee, and M. R. Hoffmann, “Q-sized CdS: synthesis, characterization, and efficiency of photoinitiation of polymerization of several vinylic monomers,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 96, no. 13, pp. 5546–5552, 1992.
- V. L. Colvin, M. C. Schlamp, and A. P. Alivisatos, “Light-emitting diodes made from cadmium selenide nanocrystals and a semiconducting polymer,” Nature, vol. 370, no. 6488, pp. 354–357, 1994.
- Y. Wang and N. Herron, “Nanometer-sized semiconductor clusters: materials synthesis, quantum size effects, and photophysical properties,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 525–532, 1991.
- H. S. Mansur, F. Grieser, M. S. Marychurch, S. Biggs, R. S. Urquhart, and D. N. Furlong, “Photoelectrochemical properties of “Q-state” CdS particles in arachidic acid Langmuir-Blodgett films,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Faraday Transactions, vol. 91, no. 4, pp. 665–672, 1995.
- Y. Wang, “Nonlinear optical properties of nanometer sized semi-conductor clusters,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 24, pp. 133–139, 1991.
- A. D. Yoffe, “Low-dimensional systems: quantum size effects and electronic properties of semiconductor microcrystallites (zero-dimensional systems) and some quasi-two-dimensional systems,” Advances in Physics, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 173–266, 1993.
- A. Parsa, “flora of Iran. sponsord by ministry of science & higher,” Education of Iran, Tehran, vol. 1, pp. 448–449, 1978.
- D. S. Balaji, S. Basavaraja, R. Deshpande, D. B. Mahesh, B. K. Prabhakar, and A. Venkataraman, “Extracellular biosynthesis of functionalized silver nanoparticles by strains of Cladosporium cladosporioides fungus,” Colloids and Surfaces B, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 88–92, 2009.
- P. Mukherjee, A. Ahmad, D. Mandal et al., “Fungus-mediated synthesis of silver nanoparticles and their immobilization in the mycelial matrix: a novel biological approach to nanoparticle synthesis,” Nano Letters, vol. 1, no. 10, pp. 515–519, 2001.
- B. Nair and T. Pradeep, “Coalescence of nanoclusters and formation of submicron crystallites assisted by Lactobacillus strains,” Crystal Growth and Design, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 293–298, 2002.
- S. S. Shankar, A. Absar, and S. Murali, “Geranium leaf assisted biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles,” Biotechnology Progress, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1627–1631, 2003.
- S. P. Chandran, M. Chaudhary, R. Pasricha, A. Ahmad, and M. Sastry, “Synthesis of gold nanotriangles and silver nanoparticles using Aloe vera plant extract,” Biotechnology Progress, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 577–583, 2006.
- A. Ahmad, S. Senapati, M. I. Khan et al., “Intracellular synthesis of gold nanoparticles by a novel alkalotolerant actinomycete, Rhodococcus species,” Nanotechnology, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 824–828, 2003.
- R. W. Sun, R. Chen, N. P.-Y. Chung, C. Ho, C. S. Lin, and C. Che, “Silver nanoparticles fabricated in Hepes buffer exhibit cytoprotective activities toward HIV-1 infected cells,” Chemical Communications, vol. 40, pp. 5059–5061, 2005.
- L. Sintubin, W. de Windt, J. Dick et al., “Lactic acid bacteria as reducing and capping agent for the fast and efficient production of silver nanoparticles,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 84, no. 4, pp. 741–749, 2009.
- A. Ahmad, P. Mukherjee, D. Mandal et al., “Enzyme mediated extracellular synthesis of CdS nanoparticles by the fungus, Fusarium oxysporum,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 124, no. 41, pp. 12108–12109, 2002.
- S. Basavaraja, S. D. Balaji, A. Lagashetty, A. H. Rajasab, and A. Venkataraman, “Extracellular biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using the fungus Fusarium semitectum,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 1164–1170, 2008.
- Y. Konishi, K. Ohno, N. Saitoh et al., “Bioreductive deposition of platinum nanoparticles on the bacterium Shewanella algae,” Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 128, no. 3, pp. 648–653, 2007.
- Y. Konishi, T. Tsukiyama, K. Ohno, N. Saitoh, T. Nomura, and S. Nagamine, “Intracellular recovery of gold by microbial reduction of AuCl 4-ions using the anaerobic bacterium Shewanella algae,” Hydrometallurgy, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 24–29, 2006.
- Y. Konishi, T. Tsukiyama, T. Tachimi, N. Saitoh, T. Nomura, and S. Nagamine, “Microbial deposition of gold nanoparticles by the metal-reducing bacterium Shewanella algae,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 186–192, 2007.
- J. L. Gardea-Torresdey, K. J. Tiemann, G. Gamez, K. Dokken, S. Tehuacanero, and M. José-Yacamán, “Gold nanoparticles obtained by bio-precipitation from gold(III) solutions,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 397–404, 1999.
- J. J. Mock, M. Barbic, D. R. Smith, D. A. Schultz, and S. Schultz, “Shape effects in plasmon resonance of individual colloidal silver nanoparticles,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 116, no. 15, pp. 6755–6759, 2002.
- V. Armendariz, I. Herrera, J. R. Peralta-Videa et al., “Size controlled gold nanoparticle formation by Avena sativa biomass: use of plants in nanobiotechnology,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 377–382, 2004.
- A. D. Dwivedi and K. Gopal, “Biosynthesis of silver and gold nanoparticles using Chenopodium album leaf extract,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 369, no. 1–3, pp. 27–33, 2010.
- R. Veerasamy, T. Z. Xin, S. Gunasagaran et al., “Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using mangosteen leaf extract and evaluation of their antimicrobial activities,” Journal of Saudi Chemical Society, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 113–120, 2011.