- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 652632, 12 pages
Inflammatory and Oxidative Stress Responses of an Alveolar Epithelial Cell Line to Airborne Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles at the Air-Liquid Interface: A Comparison with Conventional, Submerged Cell-Culture Conditions
1Comprehensive Pneumology Center, Institute of Lung Biology and Disease, Helmholtz Zentrum München, Ingolstaedter Landstrasse 1, 85758 Neuherberg, Germany
2Joint Mass Spectrometry Center, Helmholtz Zentrum München, Ingolstaedter LandstraBe 1, 85758 Neuherberg, Germany
Received 27 August 2012; Accepted 23 November 2012
Academic Editor: Irma Rosas
Copyright © 2013 Anke-Gabriele Lenz et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Megan J. Osmond-McLeod, Ronald I. W. Osmond, Yalchin Oytam, Maxine J. McCall, Bryce Feltis, Alan Mackay-Sim, Stephen A. Wood, and Anthony L. Cook, “Surface coatings of ZnO nanoparticles mitigate differentially a host of transcriptional, protein and signalling responses in primary human olfactory cells,” Particle and Fibre Toxicology, vol. 10, 2013.
- Majid Aliabadi, Roya Dastjerdi, and Kourosh Kabiri, “HTCC-Modified Nanoclay for Tissue Engineering Applications: A Synergistic Cell Growth and Antibacterial Efficiency,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Alicja Panas, Andreas Comouth, Harald Saathoff, Thomas Leisner, Marco Al-Rawi, Michael Simon, Gunnar Seemann, Olaf Doessel, Sonja Muelhopt, Hanns-Rudolf Paur, Susanne Fritsch-Decker, Carsten Weiss, and Silvia Diabate, “Silica nanoparticles are less toxic to human lung cells when deposited at the air-liquid interface compared to conventional submerged exposure,” Beilstein Journal of Nanotechnology, vol. 5, pp. 1590–1602, 2014.
- Halina Milnerowicz, Milena Ściskalska, and Magdalena Dul, “Pro-inflammatory effects of metals in persons and animals exposed to tobacco smoke,” Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology, 2014.
- Andrea Adamcakova-Dodd, Larissa V. Stebounova, Jong Sung Kim, Sabine U. Vorrink, Andrew P. Ault, Patrick T. O'Shaughnessy, Vicki H. Grassian, and Peter S. Thorne, “Toxicity assessment of zinc oxide nanoparticles using sub-acute and sub-chronic murine inhalation models,” Particle and Fibre Toxicology, vol. 11, 2014.
- Abhijit Sarkar, Manoranjan Ghosh, and Parames Chandra Sil, “Nanotoxicity: Oxidative Stress Mediated Toxicity of Metal and Metal Oxide Nanoparticles,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 730–743, 2014.
- Nicklas Raun Jacobsen, Tobias Stoeger, Sybille van den Brule, Anne Thoustrup Saber, Andrea Beyerle, Giulia Vietti, Alicja Mortensen, Józef Szarek, Hans Christian Budtz, Ali Kermanizadeh, Atrayee Banerjee, Nuran Ercal, Ulla Vogel, Håkan Wallin, and Peter Møller, “Acute and subacute pulmonary toxicity and mortality in mice after intratracheal instillation of ZnO nanoparticles in three laboratories,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, 2015.
- Shruti R Saptarshi, Albert Duschl, and Andreas L Lopata, “Biological reactivity of zinc oxide nanoparticles with mammalian test systems: an overview,” Nanomedicine, pp. 1–18, 2015.
- Xuefang Jing, Jae Hong Park, Thomas M. Peters, and Peter S. Thorne, “Toxicity of copper oxide nanoparticles in lung epithelial cells exposed at the air-liquid interface compared with in vivo assessment,” Toxicology in Vitro, 2015.