- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 675145, 8 pages
Isolation and Identification of Free-Living Amoebae from Tap Water in Sivas, Turkey
1Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Cumhuriyet University, 58140 Sivas, Turkey
2Department of Biology, Faculty of Science and Letters, Kahramanmaraş Sütçü İmam University, 46100 Kahramanmaras, Turkey
3Department of Infectious Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, Cumhuriyet University, 58140 Sivas, Turkey
4Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacology, Cumhuriyet University, 58140 Sivas, Turkey
5CUTFAM Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, Cumhuriyet University, 58140 Sivas, Turkey
Received 9 April 2013; Revised 11 June 2013; Accepted 27 June 2013
Academic Editor: Gernot Zissel
Copyright © 2013 Kübra Açıkalın Coşkun et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ruqaiyyah Siddiqui, and Naveed Ahmed Khan, “Primary Amoebic Meningoencephalitis Caused by Naegleria fowleri: An Old Enemy Presenting New Challenges,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 8, no. 8, 2014.
- María Reyes-Batlle, Cheridah D. Todd, Carmen M. Martín-Navarro, Atteneri López-Arencibia, Alfonso Martín Cabello-Vilchez, Ana C. González, Elizabeth Córdoba-Lanús, John F. Lindo, Basilio Valladares, José E. Piñero, and Jacob Lorenzo-Morales, “Isolation and characterization of Acanthamoeba strains from soil samples in Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain,” Parasitology Research, 2014.
- Gulsah Evyapan, Ismail S. Koltas, and Fadime Eroglu, “Genotyping of Acanthamoeba T15: the environmental strain in Turkey,” Transactions Of The Royal Society Of Tropical Medicine And Hygiene, vol. 109, no. 3, pp. 221–224, 2015.
- E. I. Koshel', L. V. Anisimova, L. A. Novichkova, N. A. Vidyaeva, N. P. Guseva, G. A. Eroshenko, and V. V. Kutyrev, “A Study on the Taxonomy of Soil Amoebas from Caspian Plague Foci Based on an Analysis of Ribosomal Operon Sequences,” Russian Journal Of Genetics, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 33–38, 2015.
- Salah Shanan, Hadi Abd, Magdi Bayoumi, Amir Saeed, and Gunnar Sandström, “Prevalence of Protozoa Species in Drinking and Environmental Water Sources in Sudan,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–5, 2015.