- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 675145, 8 pages
Isolation and Identification of Free-Living Amoebae from Tap Water in Sivas, Turkey
1Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Cumhuriyet University, 58140 Sivas, Turkey
2Department of Biology, Faculty of Science and Letters, Kahramanmaraş Sütçü İmam University, 46100 Kahramanmaras, Turkey
3Department of Infectious Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, Cumhuriyet University, 58140 Sivas, Turkey
4Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacology, Cumhuriyet University, 58140 Sivas, Turkey
5CUTFAM Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, Cumhuriyet University, 58140 Sivas, Turkey
Received 9 April 2013; Revised 11 June 2013; Accepted 27 June 2013
Academic Editor: Gernot Zissel
Copyright © 2013 Kübra Açıkalın Coşkun et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ruqaiyyah Siddiqui, and Naveed Ahmed Khan, “Primary Amoebic Meningoencephalitis Caused by Naegleria fowleri: An Old Enemy Presenting New Challenges,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 8, no. 8, 2014.
- María Reyes-Batlle, Cheridah D. Todd, Carmen M. Martín-Navarro, Atteneri López-Arencibia, Alfonso Martín Cabello-Vilchez, Ana C. González, Elizabeth Córdoba-Lanús, John F. Lindo, Basilio Valladares, José E. Piñero, and Jacob Lorenzo-Morales, “Isolation and characterization of Acanthamoeba strains from soil samples in Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain,” Parasitology Research, 2014.
- Ismail Soner Koltas, Fadime Eroglu, Elif Erdem, Meltem Yagmur, and Ferdi Tanir, “The role of domestic tap water on Acanthamoeba keratitis in non-contact lens wearers and validation of laboratory methods,” Parasitology Research, vol. 114, no. 9, pp. 3283–3289, 2015.
- Dorine Gaelle Reteno, Samia Benamar, Jacques Bou Khalil, Julien Andreani, Nicholas Armstrong, Thomas Klose, Michael Rossmann, Philippe Colson, Didier Raoult, and Bernard La Scola, “Faustovirus, an Asfarvirus-Related New Lineage of Giant Viruses Infecting Amoebae,” Journal Of Virology, vol. 89, no. 13, pp. 6585–6594, 2015.
- Gulsah Evyapan, Ismail S. Koltas, and Fadime Eroglu, “Genotyping of Acanthamoeba T15: the environmental strain in Turkey,” Transactions Of The Royal Society Of Tropical Medicine And Hygiene, vol. 109, no. 3, pp. 221–224, 2015.
- Sarah Temmam, Sonia Monteil-Bouchard, Masse Sambou, Maxence Aubadie-Ladrix, Saïd Azza, Philippe Decloquement, Jacques Y. Bou Khalil, Jean-Pierre Baudoin, Priscilla Jardot, Catherine Robert, Bernard La Scola, Oleg Y. Mediannikov, Didier Raoult, and Christelle Desnues, “Faustovirus-Like Asfarvirus in Hematophagous Biting Midges and Their Vertebrate Hosts,” Frontiers in Microbiology, vol. 6, 2015.
- William J. Rhoads, Pan Ji, Amy Pruden, and Marc A. Edwards, “Water heater temperature set point and water use patterns influence Legionella pneumophila and associated microorganisms at the tap,” Microbiome, vol. 3, 2015.
- E. I. Koshel', L. V. Anisimova, L. A. Novichkova, N. A. Vidyaeva, N. P. Guseva, G. A. Eroshenko, and V. V. Kutyrev, “A Study on the Taxonomy of Soil Amoebas from Caspian Plague Foci Based on an Analysis of Ribosomal Operon Sequences,” Russian Journal Of Genetics, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 33–38, 2015.
- Salah Shanan, Hadi Abd, Magdi Bayoumi, Amir Saeed, and Gunnar Sandström, “Prevalence of Protozoa Species in Drinking and Environmental Water Sources in Sudan,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–5, 2015.
- B Kocazeybek, “Free living amoebae: Acanthamoeba species pose a great risk for human health,” Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 349, 2015.
- William Rhoads, Amy Pruden, and Marc Edwards, “Convective Mixing in Distal Pipes Exacerbates Legionella pneumophila Growth in Hot Water Plumbing,” Pathogens, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 29, 2016.