- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 680292, 6 pages
Effect of Low Refocusing Angle in T1-Weighted Spin Echo and Fast Spin Echo MRI on Low-Contrast Detectability: A Comparative Phantom Study at 1.5 and 3 Tesla
1Department of Radiology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
2School of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Received 29 April 2013; Accepted 13 July 2013
Academic Editor: David J. Yang
Copyright © 2013 Subhendra N. Sarkar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. A. Pooley, “Fundamental physics of MR imaging,” Radiographics, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 1087–1099, 2005.
- B. L. Schmilz, A. J. Aschoff, M. H. K. Hoffmann, and G. Grön, “Advantages and pitfalls in 3T MR brain imaging: a pictorial review,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 2229–2237, 2005.
- M. Weigel, G. Helms, and J. Hennig, “Investigation and modeling of magnetization transfer effects in two-dimensional multislice turbo spin echo sequences with low constant or variable flip angles at 3T,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 230–234, 2010.
- X. Hu and D. G. Norris, “Advances in high-field magnetic resonance imaging,” Annual Review of Biomedical Engineering, vol. 6, pp. 157–184, 2004.
- S. N. Sarkar, D. C. Alsop, A. J. Madhuranthakam et al., “Brain MR imaging at ultra-low radiofrequency power,” Radiology, vol. 259, no. 2, pp. 550–557, 2011.
- S. O. Schoenberg, C. J. Zech, A. Panteleon, et al., “New perspectives and challenges in abdominal 3T MR imaging,” Applied Radiology, vol. 36, pp. 1–10, 2007.
- B. L. Schmitz, G. Gron, and F. Brouse wetter, “Enhancing gray-to-white matter contrast in 3T T1 spin-echo brain scans by optimizing flip angle,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 26, pp. 2000–2004, 2005.
- J. Mugler, B. Kiefer, and J. Brookman, “Three dimensional T2-weighted imaging of the brain using very long spin-echo trains,” in Proceedings of the 8th Annual Meeting of ISMRM, Denver, Colo, USA, 2000, abstr no. 687.
- R. F. Busse, A. C. S. Brau, A. Vu et al., “Effects of refocusing flip angle modulation and view ordering in 3D fast spin echo,” Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 640–649, 2008.
- C.-C. Chen, Y.-L. Wan, Y.-Y. Wai, and H.-L. Liu, “Quality assurance of clinical MRI scanners using ACR MRI phantom: preliminary results,” Journal of Digital Imaging, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 279–284, 2004.
- R. T. Constable, A. W. Anderson, J. Zhong, and J. C. Gore, “Factors influencing contrast in fast spin-echo MR imaging,” Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 497–511, 1992.
- P. Melki, R. V. Mulkern, J.-N. Dacher et al., “Fast spin echo MRI techniques. Contrast characteristics and clinical potential,” Journal de Radiologie, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 179–190, 1993.
- C. B. Paschal and H. D. Morris, “K-space in the clinic,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 145–159, 2004.
- H. J. Choo, S. J. Lee, O.-H. Kim, S. S. Seo, and J. H. Kim, “Comparison of three-dimensional isotropic T1-weighted fast spin-echo MR arthrography with two-dimensional MR arthrography of the shoulder,” Radiology, vol. 262, no. 3, pp. 921–931, 2012.