- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 681027, 10 pages
Preventive Inositol Hexaphosphate Extracted from Rice Bran Inhibits Colorectal Cancer through Involvement of Wnt/β-Catenin and COX-2 Pathways
1Laboratory of Molecular Biomedicine, Institute of Bioscience, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
2Department of Nutrition and Dietetics, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
3UPM-MAKNA Cancer Research Laboratory, Institute of Bioscience, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
4Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
5Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Received 4 June 2013; Revised 4 August 2013; Accepted 29 August 2013
Academic Editor: Mahmood Ameen Abdulla
Copyright © 2013 Nurul Husna Shafie et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Nurul Shafie, Norhaizan Esa, Hairuszah Ithnin, Norazalina Saad, and Ashok Pandurangan, “Pro-Apoptotic Effect of Rice Bran Inositol Hexaphosphate (IP6) on HT-29 Colorectal Cancer Cells,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 23545–23558, 2013.
- Ashok Kumar Pandurangan, and Norhaizan Mohd Esa, “Dietary Non-nutritive Factors in Targeting of Regulatory Molecules in Colorectal Cancer: An Update,” Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 5543–5552, 2013.
- Ashok Kumar Pandurangan, Suresh Kumar Ananda Sadagopan, and Prakash Dharmalingam, “Luteolin, a Bioflavonoid, Attenuates Azoxymethane-Induced Effects on Mitochondrial Enzymes in Balb/c Mice,” Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 6669–6672, 2013.
- Donna M. Raditic, and Joseph W. Bartges, “Evidence-based Integrative Medicine in Clinical Veterinary Oncology,” Veterinary Clinics of North America: Small Animal Practice, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 831–853, 2014.
- Ashok Kumar Pandurangan, and Norhaizan Mohd Esa, “Luteolin, a Bioflavonoid Inhibits Colorectal Cancer through Modulation of Multiple Signaling Pathways: A Review,” Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 15, no. 14, pp. 5501–5508, 2014.
- Ashok Kumar Pandurangan, Zeinab Saadatdoust, Norhaizan Mohd. Esa, Hazilawati Hamzah, and Amin Ismail, “Dietary cocoa protects against colitis-associated cancer by activating the Nrf2/Keap1 pathway,” BioFactors, 2014.
- A. K. Pandurangan, P. Dharmalingam, S. K. A. Sadagopan, and S. Ganapasam, “Luteolin inhibits matrix metalloproteinase 9 and 2 in azoxymethane-induced colon carcinogenesis,” Human & Experimental Toxicology, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 1176–1185, 2014.
- Ashok Kumar Pandurangan, and Norhaizan Mohd Esa, “Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription 3-A Promising Target in Colitis-Associated Cancer,” Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 551–560, 2014.
- Zeinab Saadatdoust, Ashok Kumar Pandurangan, Suresh Kumar Ananda Sadagopan, Norhaizan Mohd. Esa, Amin Ismail, and Mohd. Rais Mustafa, “Dietary cocoa inhibits colitis associated cancer: A crucial involvement of the IL-6/STAT3 pathway,” The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, 2015.
- Hari Padmanabhan, Matthew J. Brookes, and Tariq Iqbal, “Iron and colorectal cancer: evidence from in vitro and animal studies,” Nutrition Reviews, vol. 73, no. 5, pp. 308–317, 2015.
- Mariano Bizzarri, Andrea Fuso, Simona Dinicola, Alessandra Cucina, and Arturo Bevilacqua, “Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of inositol(s) in health and disease,” Expert Opinion on Drug Metabolism & Toxicology, pp. 1–16, 2016.
- Tao Li, Jingtao Zhong, Xiaofeng Dong, Peng Xiu, Fuhai Wang, Honglong Wei, Xin Wang, Zongzhen Xu, Feng Liu, Xueying Sun, and Jie Li, “Meloxicam suppresses hepatocellular carcinoma cell proliferation and migration by targeting COX-2/PGE2-regulated activation of the beta-catenin signal,” Oncology Reports, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 3614–3622, 2016.