- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 681234, 6 pages
Genetic Analysis of Clinical VZV Isolates Collected in China Reveals a More Homologous Profile
1Department of Microbiology, Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230032, China
2Department of Pathology & Cell Biology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Received 28 February 2013; Revised 23 April 2013; Accepted 23 April 2013
Academic Editor: Jiing-Kuan Yee
Copyright © 2013 Longfeng Jiang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. H. Mueller, D. H. Gilden, R. J. Cohrs, R. Mahalingam, and M. A. Nagel, “Varicella zoster virus infection: clinical features, molecular pathogenesis of disease, and latency,” Neurologic Clinics, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 675–697, 2008.
- S. Lolekha, W. Tanthiphabha, P. Sornchai et al., “Effect of climatic factors and population density on varicella zoster virus epidemiology within a tropical country,” American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, vol. 64, no. 3-4, pp. 131–136, 2001.
- R. A. Santos, J. A. Padilla, C. Hatfield, and C. Grose, “Antigenic variation of varicella zoster virus Fc receptor gE: loss of a major B cell epitope in the ectodomain,” Virology, vol. 249, no. 1, pp. 21–31, 1998.
- W. Barrett-Muir, F. T. Scott, P. Aaby et al., “Genetic variation of varicella-zoster virus: evidence for geographical separation of strains,” Journal of Medical Virology, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. S42–S47, 2003.
- V. N. Loparev, A. Gonzalez, M. Deleon-Carnes et al., “Global identification of three major genotypes of varicella-zoster virus: longitudinal clustering and strategies for genotyping,” Journal of Virology, vol. 78, no. 15, pp. 8349–8358, 2004.
- V. N. Loparev, E. N. Rubtcova, V. Bostik et al., “Identification of five major and two minor genotypes of varicella-zoster virus strains: a practical two-amplicon approach used to genotype clinical isolates in Australia and New Zealand,” Journal of Virology, vol. 81, no. 23, pp. 12758–12765, 2007.
- B. Faga, W. Maury, D. A. Bruckner, and C. Grose, “Identification and mapping of single nucleotide polymorphisms in the varicella-zoster virus genome,” Virology, vol. 280, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2001.
- T. R. Wagenaar, V. T. K. Chow, C. Buranathai, P. Thawatsupha, and C. Grose, “The out of Africa model of varicella-zoster virus evolution: single nucleotide polymorphisms and private alleles distinguish Asian clades from European/North American clades,” Vaccine, vol. 21, no. 11-12, pp. 1072–1081, 2003.
- J. Breuer, C. Grose, P. Norberg, G. Tipples, and D. S. Schmid, “A proposal for a common nomenclature for viral clades that form the species varicella-zoster virus: summary of VZV Nomenclature Meeting 2008, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, 24-25 July 2008,” Journal of General Virology, vol. 91, no. 4, pp. 821–828, 2010.
- J. Liu, M. Wang, L. Gan, S. Yang, and J. Chen, “Genotyping of clinical varicella-zoster virus isolates collected in China,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 1418–1423, 2009.
- T. R. Wagenaar, C. Grose, V. N. Loparev, D. S. Schmid, and J. Breuer, “Genomic analysis of varicella-zoster virus: primers for individual open reading frames,” Journal of Clinical Virology, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 104–110, 2003.
- K. S. Kaushik, K. K. Lahiri, S. K. Chumber et al., “Molecular characterization of clinical varicella-zoster strains from India and differentiation from the Oka vaccine strain,” Japanese Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 65–67, 2008.
- L. Gan, M. Wang, S. Yang, A. A. Gershon, and J. J. Chen, “Transmission of varicella vaccine virus to a non-family member in China,” Vaccine, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 2015–2017, 2011.
- K. M. Duus and C. Grose, “Multiple regulatory effects of varicella-zoster virus (VZV) gL on trafficking patterns and fusogenic properties of VZV gH,” Journal of Virology, vol. 70, no. 12, pp. 8961–8971, 1996.
- C. Grose, S. Tyler, G. Peters et al., “Complete DNA sequence analyses of the first two varicella-zoster virus glycoprotein E (D150N) mutant viruses found in North America: evolution of genotypes with an accelerated cell spread phenotype,” Journal of Virology, vol. 78, no. 13, pp. 6799–6807, 2004.
- R. Zell, S. Taudien, F. Pfaff, P. Wutzler, M. Platzer, and A. Sauerbrei, “Sequencing of 21 varicella-zoster virus genomes reveals two novel genotypes and evidence of recombination,” Journal of Virology, vol. 86, no. 3, pp. 1608–1622, 2012.
- P. Norberg, J. Liljeqvist, T. Bergström, S. Sammons, D. S. Schmid, and V. N. Loparev, “Complete-genome phylogenetic approach to varicella-zoster virus evolution: genetic divergence and evidence for recombination,” Journal of Virology, vol. 80, no. 19, pp. 9569–9576, 2006.