- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 682326, 10 pages
Very Small Embryonic-Like Stem Cells: Implications in Reproductive Biology
Stem Cell Biology Department, National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health (ICMR), Mumbai, Maharashtra 400 012, India
Received 5 September 2012; Accepted 12 October 2012
Academic Editor: Irma Virant-Klun
Copyright © 2013 Deepa Bhartiya et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- M Z Ratajczak, E Zuba-Surma, W Wojakowski, M Suszynska, K Mierzejewska, R Liu, J Ratajczak, D M Shin, and M Kucia, “Very small embryonic-like stem cells (VSELs) represent a real challenge in stem cell biology: recent pros and cons in the midst of a lively debate,” Leukemia, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 473–484, 2013.
- Sylwia Sluczanowska-Glabowska, Maria Laszczynska, Katarzyna Piotrowska, Wojciech Glabowski, Bogdan Rumianowski, Michal Masternak, Oge Arum, Magda Kucia, John J. Kopchick, Andrzej Bartke, and Mariusz Z. Ratajczak, “The effect of calorie restriction on the presence of apoptotic ovarian cells in normal wild type mice and low-plasma-IGF-1 Laron dwarf mice,” Journal of Ovarian Research, vol. 6, 2013.
- Malwina Suszynska, Ewa Zuba-Surma, Magda Maj, Kasia Mierzejewska, Janina Ratajczak, Magdalena Kucia, and Mariusz Z. Ratajczak, “The proper criteria for identification and sorting of very small embryonic-like stem cells (VSELs), and some nomenclature issues,” Stem Cells and Development, pp. 131203144744004, 2013.
- Hiren Patel, Deepa Bhartiya, Seema Parte, Pranesh Gunjal, Snehal Yedurkar, and Mithun Bhatt, “Follicle stimulating hormone modulates ovarian stem cells through alternately spliced receptor variant FSH-R3,” Journal of Ovarian Research, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 52, 2013.
- Deepa Bhartiya, Kalpana Sriraman, Hiren Patel, and Seema Parte, “Ovarian stem cells: absence of evidence is not evidence of absence,” Journal Of Ovarian Research, vol. 6, 2013.
- Deepa Bhartiya, Akash Mundekar, Vaibhav Mahale, and Hiren Patel, “Very small embryonic-like stem cells are involved in regeneration of mouse pancreas post-pancreatectomy,” Stem Cell Research & Therapy, vol. 5, 2014.
- Deying Zhang, Xing Liu, Jinpu Peng, Dawei He, Tao Lin, Jing Zhu, Xuliang Li, Yuanyuan Zhang, and Guanghui Wei, “Potential Spermatogenesis Recovery with Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells in an Azoospermic Rat Model,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 13151–13165, 2014.
- Mariusz Z. Ratajczak, Krzysztof Marycz, Agata Poniewierska-Baran, Katarzyna Fiedorowicz, Monika Zbucka-Kretowska, and Marcin Moniuszko, “Very small embryonic-like stem cells as a novel developmental concept and the hierarchy of the stem cell compartment,” Advances in Medical Sciences, 2014.
- Ancuta Augustina Gheorghisan-Galateanu, Mihail Eugen Hinescu, and Ana Maria Enciu, “Ovarian adult stem cells: hope or pitfall?,” Journal of Ovarian Research, vol. 7, 2014.
- Deepa Bhartiya, Indira Hinduja, Hiren Patel, and Rashmi Bhilawadikar, “Making gametes from pluripotent stem cells - a promising role for very small embryonic-like stem cells,” Reproductive Biology And Endocrinology, vol. 12, 2014.
- Carol B. Hanna, and Jon D. Hennebold, “Ovarian germline stem cells: an unlimited source of oocytes?,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 20–30, 2014.
- Malgorzata Walentowicz-Sadlecka, Bogdan Malkowski, Pawel Walentowicz, Pawel Sadlecki, Andrzej Marszalek, Tomasz Pietrzak, and Marek Grabiec, “The Preoperative Maximum Standardized Uptake Value Measured by 18F-FDG PET/CT as an Independent Prognostic Factor of Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Patients,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–7, 2014.
- Pranesh Gunjal, Deepa Bhartiya, Siddhanath Metkari, Dhananjay Manjramkar, and Hiren Patel, “Very small embryonic-like stem cells are the elusive mouse endometrialstem cells- a pilot study,” Journal of Ovarian Research, vol. 8, no. 1, 2015.