- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 690415, 15 pages
Isolation of Small SSEA-4-Positive Putative Stem Cells from the Ovarian Surface Epithelium of Adult Human Ovaries by Two Different Methods
1Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Medical Centre Ljubljana, Slajmerjeva 3, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
2Institute for Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 307, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
3National Institute of Biology, Vecna Pot 111, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
4BioSistemika, Tehnoloski Park 24, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Received 13 August 2012; Accepted 27 December 2012
Academic Editor: Leon Spicer
Copyright © 2013 Irma Virant-Klun et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- M Z Ratajczak, E Zuba-Surma, W Wojakowski, M Suszynska, K Mierzejewska, R Liu, J Ratajczak, D M Shin, and M Kucia, “Very small embryonic-like stem cells (VSELs) represent a real challenge in stem cell biology: recent pros and cons in the midst of a lively debate,” Leukemia, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 473–484, 2013.
- Martin Stimpfel, Thomas Skutella, Branko Cvjeticanin, Marija Meznaric, Peter Dovc, Srdjan Novakovic, Petra Cerkovnik, Eda Vrtacnik-Bokal, and Irma Virant-Klun, “Isolation, characterization and differentiation of cells expressing pluripotent/multipotent markers from adult human ovaries,” Cell and Tissue Research, 2013.
- Malwina Suszynska, Ewa Zuba-Surma, Magda Maj, Kasia Mierzejewska, Janina Ratajczak, Magdalena Kucia, and Mariusz Z. Ratajczak, “The proper criteria for identification and sorting of very small embryonic-like stem cells (VSELs), and some nomenclature issues,” Stem Cells and Development, pp. 131203144744004, 2013.
- Jihong Yuan, Dongdong Zhang, Lei Wang, Mengyuan Liu, Jian Mao, Yu Yin, Xiaoying Ye, Na Liu, Jihong Han, Yingdai Gao, Tao Cheng, David L. Keefe, and Lin Liu, “No Evidence for Neo-Oogenesis May Link to Ovarian Senescence in Adult Monkey,” Stem Cells, vol. 31, no. 11, pp. 2538–2550, 2013.
- Scott Chappel, “The Role of Mitochondria from Mature Oocyte to Viable Blastocyst,” Obstetrics and Gynecology International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Cheryl E. Dunlop, Evelyn E. Telfer, and Richard A. Anderson, “Ovarian germline stem cells,” Stem Cell Research & Therapy, vol. 5, 2014.
- Heide Schatten, Qing-Yuan Sun, and Randall Prather, “The impact of mitochondrial function/dysfunction on IVF and new treatment possibilities for infertility,” Reproductive Biology And Endocrinology, vol. 12, pp. 1–11, 2014.
- Yashar Esmaeilian, Arzu Atalay, and Esra Erdemli, “Post-natal oogenesis: a concept for controversy that intensified during the last decade,” Zygote, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 315–326, 2015.
- Kavitha Sivasubramaniyan, Abhishek Harichandan, Karin Schilbach, Andreas F Mack, Jens Bedke, Arnulf Stenzl, Lothar Kanz, Gerhard Niederfellner, and Hans-Jörg Bühring, “Expression of stage-specific embryonic antigen-4 (SSEA-4) defines spontaneous loss of epithelial phenotype in human solid tumor cells,” Glycobiology, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 902–917, 2015.
- Dongmei Lai, Minhua Xu, Qiuwan Zhang, Yifei Chen, Ting Li, Qian Wang, Yimeng Gao, and Chunsheng Wei, “Identification and characterization of epithelial cells derived from human ovarian follicular fluid,” Stem Cell Research & Therapy, vol. 6, 2015.
- Katja Hummitzsch, Richard A. Anderson, Dagmar Wilhelm, Ji Wu, Evelyn E. Telfer, Darryl L. Russell, Sarah A. Robertson, and Raymond J. Rodgers, “Stem Cells, Progenitor Cells, and Lineage Decisions in the Ovary,” Endocrine Reviews, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 65–91, 2015.
- Kenneth Garson, and Barbara C. Vanderhyden, “Epithelial ovarian cancer stem cells: underlying complexity of a simple paradigm,” Reproduction, vol. 149, no. 2, pp. R59–R70, 2015.
- Filiz Tepekoy, Saffet Ozturk, Berna Sozen, Recep S. Ozay, Gokhan Akkoyunlu, and Necdet Demir, “CD90 and CD105 expression in the mouse ovary and testis at different stages of postnatal development,” Reproductive Biology, 2015.
- Shaohui Pan, Wuju Chen, Xu Liu, Jiajia Xiao, Yanqin Wang, Jun Liu, Yue Du, Yongsheng Wang, and Yong Zhang, “Application of a Novel Population of Multipotent Stem Cells Derived from Skin Fibroblasts as Donor Cells in Bovine SCNT,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 1, 2015.
- Deepa Bhartiya, and Jarnail Singh, “FSH-FSHR3-stem cells in ovary surface epithelium: basis for adult ovarian biology, failure, aging, and cancer,” Reproduction, vol. 149, no. 1, pp. R35–R48, 2015.
- Zhiyong Lu, Meng Wu, Jinjin Zhang, Jiaqiang Xiong, Jing Cheng, Wei Shen, Aiyue Luo, Li Fang, and Shixuan Wang, “Improvement in Isolation and Identification of Mouse Oogonial Stem Cells,” Stem Cells International, vol. 2016, pp. 1–10, 2016.
- Anna Labedz-Maslowska, Elzbieta Kamycka, Sylwia Bobis-Wozowicz, Zbigniew Madeja, and Ewa K. Zuba-Surma, “Identification of New Rat Bone Marrow-Derived Population of Very Small Stem Cell with Oct-4A and Nanog Expression by Flow Cytometric Platforms,” Stem Cells International, vol. 2016, pp. 1–14, 2016.
- Deepa Bhartiya, Seema Parte, Hiren Patel, Kalpana Sriraman, Kusum Zaveri, and Indira Hinduja, “Novel Action of FSH on Stem Cells in Adult Mammalian Ovary Induces Postnatal Oogenesis and Primordial Follicle Assembly,” Stem Cells International, vol. 2016, pp. 1–13, 2016.