- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 692071, 13 pages
Role of the Plasma Membrane Transporter of Organic Cations OCT1 and Its Genetic Variants in Modern Liver Pharmacology
1Laboratory of Experimental Hepatology and Drug Targeting (HEVEFARM), Biomedical Research Institute of Salamanca (IBSAL), University of Salamanca, Campus Miguel de Unamuno, E.D. S-09, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
2Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Salamanca, Campus Miguel de Unamuno, E.D. S-09, 37007 Salamanca, Spain
3National Institute for the Study of Liver and Gastrointestinal Diseases (CIBERehd), Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Sinesio Delgado 4, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Received 30 April 2013; Accepted 4 July 2013
Academic Editor: Hongqun Liu
Copyright © 2013 Elisa Lozano et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Miriam Marlene Medina-Enríquez, Verónica Alcántara-Farfán, Leopoldo Aguilar-Faisal, José Guadalupe Trujillo-Ferrara, Lorena Rodríguez-Páez, and Alba Laura Vargas-Ramírez, “
l-ornithine, a new competitive inhibitor of ornithine decarboxylase, induces selective growth inhibition and cytotoxicity on human cancer cells versus normal cells ,” Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry, pp. 1–9, 2014.
- David M. Klein, Stephen H. Wright, and Nathan J. Cherrington, “Xenobiotic Transporter Expression along the Male Genital Tract1,” Reproductive Toxicology, 2014.
- Mihaela Aldea, Lucian Craciun, Ciprian Tomuleasa, Ioana Berindan-Neagoe, Gabriel Kacso, Ioan Stefan Florian, and Carmen Crivii, “Repositioning metformin in cancer: genetics, drug targets, and new ways of delivery,” Tumor Biology, 2014.
- Jasna Klen, Katja Goričar, Andrej Janež, and Vita Dolžan, “The Role of Genetic Factors and Kidney and Liver Function in Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes Patients on Long-Term Metformin and Sulphonylurea Cotreatment,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–7, 2014.