- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 693436, 4 pages
The Diagnostic Accuracy of Radionuclide Arthrography for Prosthetic Loosening in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty
1Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Australia
2Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospital of South Manchester, M23 9LT, UK
Received 7 April 2013; Accepted 6 June 2013
Academic Editor: Nicholas Dunne
Copyright © 2013 Timothy H. French et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Parvizi, E. Ghanem, P. Sharkey, et al., “Diagnosis of infected total knee: findings of a multicenter database,” Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, vol. 466, no. 11, pp. 2628–2633, 2008.
- O. P. P. Temmerman, P. G. H. M. Raijmakers, J. Berkhof et al., “Diagnostic accuracy and interobserver variability of plain radiography, subtraction arthrography, nuclear arthrography, and bone scintigraphy in the assessment of aseptic femoral component loosening,” Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, vol. 126, no. 5, pp. 316–323, 2006.
- J. P. Delagoutte and SOTEST Group, “Loosenings of total hip prostheses,” European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 43–55, 2000.
- Australian Orthopaedic Association National Joint Replacement Registry. Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Annual report 2010, Adelaide, Australia AOA, 2010, https://aoanjrr.dmac.adelaide.edu.au/annual-reports-2010.
- T. Mumme, P. Reinartz, J. Alfer, R. Müller-Rath, U. Buell, and D. C. Wirtz, “Diagnostic values of positron emission tomography versus triple-phase bone scan in hip arthroplasty loosening,” Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, vol. 125, no. 5, pp. 322–329, 2005.
- C. Zoccali, G. Teori, and N. Salducca, “The role of FDG-PET in distinguishing between septic and aseptic loosening in hip prosthesis: a review of literature,” International Orthopaedics, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 1–5, 2009.
- A. Trampuz and W. Zimmerli, “Diagnosis and treatment of implant-associated septic arthritis and osteomyelitis,” Current Infectious Disease Reports, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 394–403, 2008.
- N. A. Streich, T. Gotterbarm, M. Jung, U. Schneider, and C. Heisel, “Biochemical markers of bone turnover in aseptic loosening in hip arthroplasty,” International Orthopaedics, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 77–82, 2009.
- R. J. Robinson and A. F. Scarsbrook, “Radionuclide imaging of joint prostheses: established & emerging applications,” Orthopaedics and Trauma, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 77–87, 2009.
- A. Miniaci, W. H. Bailey, R. B. Bourne, A. C. McLaren, and C. H. Rorabeck, “Analysis of radionuclide arthrograms, radiographic arthrograms, and sequential plain radiographs in the assessment of painful hip arthroplasty,” Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 143–149, 1990.
- M. I. Kitchener, E. Coats, G. Keene, and R. Paterson, “Assessment of radionuclide arthrography in the evaluation of loosening of knee prostheses,” The Knee, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 220–225, 2006.
- W. H. Harris, J. C. McCarthy Jr., and D. A. O'Neill, “Femoral component loosening using contemporary techniques of femoral cement fixation,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery A, vol. 64, no. 7, pp. 1063–1067, 1982.
- L. Savarino, D. Tigani, N. Baldini, et al., “Pre-operative diagnosis of infection in total knee arthroplasty: an algorithm,” Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 667–675, 2009.
- O. P. P. Temmerman, P. G. H. M. Raijmakers, W. L. Deville, J. Berkhof, L. Hooft, and I. C. Heyligers, “The use of plain radiography, subtraction arthrography, nuclear arthrography, and bone scintigraphy in the diagnosis of a loose acetabular component of a total hip prosthesis: a systematic review,” Journal of Arthroplasty, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 818–827, 2007.
- O. P. P. Temmerman, P. G. H. M. Raijmakers, J. Berkhof, O. S. Hoekstra, G. J. J. Teule, and I. C. Heyligers, “Accuracy of diagnostic imaging techniques in the diagnosis of aseptic loosening of the femoral component of a hip prosthesis,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery B, vol. 87, no. 6, pp. 781–785, 2005.
- M. Pfahler, C. Schidlo, and H. J. Refior, “Evaluation of imaging in loosening of hip arthroplasty in 326 consecutive cases,” Archives of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, vol. 117, no. 4-5, pp. 205–207, 1998.
- E. De Thomasson, C. Strauss, O. Guingand, R. Palau, and C. Mazel, “The place of arthrography for component loosening and hip aspiration for diagnosis of infection,” European Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 171–174, 1998.
- J. R. Lieberman, M. H. Huo, R. Schneider, et al., “Evaluation of painful hip arthroplasties. Are technetium bone scans necessary?” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery B, vol. 75, no. 3, pp. 475–478, 1993.
- C. G. Chew, P. Lewis, F. Middleton, et al., “Radionuclide arthrogram with SPECT/CT for the evaluation of mechanical loosening of hip and knee prostheses,” Annals of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 24, no. 10, pp. 735–743, 2010.