- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 698141, 14 pages
Biocompatible Bacterial Cellulose-Poly(2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate) Nanocomposite Films
1Department of Chemistry and CICECO, Campus de Santiago, University of Aveiro, 3810-193 Aveiro, Portugal
2Department of Cellular Biology and Histology, Faculty of Medicine and Odontology, University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU), Barrio Sarriena s/n, 48940 Leioa, Spain
3“Materials + Technologies” Group, Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, Polytechnic School, University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU), Plaza Europa 1, 20018 San Sebastián, Spain
Received 30 April 2013; Accepted 15 July 2013
Academic Editor: Dong-Wook Han
Copyright © 2013 Andrea G. P. R. Figueiredo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Mazhar Ul-Islam, Waleed Ahmad Khattak, Muhammad Wajid Ullah, Shaukat Khan, and Joong Kon Park, “Synthesis of regenerated bacterial cellulose-zinc oxide nanocomposite films for biomedical applications,” Cellulose, 2013.
- Ricardo J. B. Pinto, Luis D. Carlos, Paula A. A. P. Marques, Armando J. D. Silvestre, and Carmen S. R. Freire, “An Overview of Luminescent Bio-Based Composites,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 131, no. 22, 2014.
- Vivekanandan Palaninathan, Neha Chauhan, Aby Cheruvathoor Poulose, Sreejith Raveendran, Toru Mizuki, Takashi Hasumura, Takahiro Fukuda, Hisao Morimoto, Yasuhiko Yoshida, Toru Maekawa, and D. Sakthi Kumar, “Acetosulfation of bacterial cellulose: An unexplored promising incipient candidate for highly transparent thin film,” Materials Express, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 415–421, 2014.
- Irina Sulaeva, Ute Henniges, Thomas Rosenau, and Antje Potthast, “Bacterial cellulose as a material for wound treatment: Properties and modifications. A Review,” Biotechnology Advances, 2015.
- Ana R.P. Figueiredo, Armando J.D. Silvestre, Carlos Pascoal Neto, and Carmen S.R. Freire, “In situ synthesis of bacterial cellulose/polycaprolactone blends for hot pressing nanocomposite films production,” Carbohydrate Polymers, 2015.
- Ana R.P. Figueiredo, Andrea G.P.R. Figueiredo, Nuno H.C.S. Silva, Ana Barros-Timmons, Adelaide Almeida, Armando J.D. Silvestre, and Carmen S.R. Freire, “Antimicrobial bacterial cellulose nanocomposites prepared by in situ polymerization of 2-aminoethyl methacrylate,” Carbohydrate Polymers, 2015.
- J. M. Rajwade, K. M. Paknikar, and J. V. Kumbhar, “Applications of bacterial cellulose and its composites in biomedicine,” Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 2015.