- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 717589, 11 pages
Helical Irradiation of the Total Skin with Dose Painting to Replace Total Skin Electron Beam Therapy for Therapy-Refractory Cutaneous CD4+ T-Cell Lymphoma
1Division of Radiation Oncology, Department of Radiology, Far Eastern Memorial Hospital, No. 21, Section 2, Nanya S. Road, Banciao District, New Taipei City 220, Taiwan
2Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, National Yang-Ming University, Taipei 112, Taiwan
3Institute of Traditional Medicine, School of Medicine, National Yang-Ming University, Taipei 112, Taiwan
4Department of Radiation Oncology, Tri-Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei 114, Taiwan
5Department of Hematology, Far Eastern Memorial Hospital, New Taipei City 220, Taiwan
6Department of Anatomical Pathology, Far Eastern Memorial Hospital, New Taipei City 220, Taiwan
7Department of Radiation Oncology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei 104, Taiwan
8Department of Dermatology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei 104, Taiwan
9Department of Surgical Pathology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei 104, Taiwan
Received 1 June 2013; Accepted 31 July 2013
Academic Editor: An Liu
Copyright © 2013 Chen-Hsi Hsieh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Harrison, J. Young, D. Navi et al., “Revisiting low-dose total skin electron beam therapy in mycosis fungoides,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 81, no. 4, pp. e651–e657, 2011.
- R. T. Hoppe, Z. Fuks, and M. A. Bagshaw, “Radiation therapy in the management of cutaneous T-cell lymphomas,” Cancer Treatment Reports, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 625–632, 1979.
- R. D. Weaver, B. J. Gerbi, and K. E. Dusenbery, “Evaluation of dose variation during total skin electron irradiation using thermoluminescent dosimeters,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 475–478, 1995.
- L. M. Gamble, T. J. Farrell, G. W. Jones, and J. E. Hayward, “Two-dimensional mapping of underdosed areas using radiochromic film for patients undergoing total skin electron beam radiotherapy,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 920–924, 2005.
- P. Maingon, G. Truc, S. Dalac et al., “Radiotherapy of advanced mycosis fungoides: indications and results of total skin electron beam and photon beam irradiation,” Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 73–78, 2000.
- P. W. Shueng, S. C. Lin, N. S. Chong et al., “Total marrow irradiation with helical tomotherapy for bone marrow transplantation of multiple myeloma: first experience in Asia,” Technology in Cancer Research and Treatment, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 29–38, 2009.
- H. Hauswald, F. Zwicker, N. Rochet et al., “Total skin electron beam therapy as palliative treatment for cutaneous manifestations of advanced, therapy-refractory cutaneous lymphoma and leukemia,” Radiation Oncology, vol. 7, article 118, 2012.
- G. W. Jones, B. M. Kacinski, L. D. Wilson et al., “Total skin electron radiation in the management of mycosis fungoides: consensus of the European organization for research and treatment of cancer (EORTC) cutaneous lymphoma project group,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 364–370, 2002.
- Y. Anacak, Z. Arican, R. Bar-Deroma, A. Tamir, and A. Kuten, “Total skin electron irradiation: evaluation of dose uniformity throughout the skin surface,” Medical Dosimetry, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 31–34, 2003.
- N. M. Price, “Electron beam therapy. Its effect on eccrine gland function in mycosis fungoides patients,” Archives of Dermatology, vol. 115, no. 9, pp. 1068–1070, 1979.
- G. Jones, L. D. Wilson, and L. Fox-Goguen, “Total skin electron beam radiotherapy for patients who have mycosis fungoides,” Hematology/Oncology Clinics of North America, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 1421–1434, 2003.
- K. R. Desai, R. D. Pezner, J. A. Lipsett et al., “Total skin electron irradiation of mycosis fungoides: relationship between acute toxicities and measured dose at different anatomic sites,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 641–645, 1988.
- B. D. Smith and L. D. Wilson, “Cutaneous lymphomas,” Seminars in Radiation Oncology, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 158–168, 2007.
- A. Funk, F. Hensley, R. Krempien et al., “Palliative total skin electron beam therapy (TSEBT) for advanced cutaneous T-cell lymphoma,” European Journal of Dermatology, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 308–312, 2008.
- T. J. Smith, J. Khatcheressian, G. H. Lyman et al., “2006 update of recommendations for the use of white blood cell growth factors: an evidence-based clinical practice guideline,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 24, no. 19, pp. 3187–3205, 2006.
- N. Watanabe, H. Narimatsu, J. Y. Noh et al., “Antithyroid drug-induced hematopoietic damage: a retrospective cohort study of agranulocytosis and pancytopenia involving 50,385 patients with Graves' disease,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 97, no. 1, pp. E49–E53, 2012.
- K. N. Prasad, W. C. Cole, B. Kumar, and K. C. Prasad, “Pros and cons of antioxidant use during radiation therapy,” Cancer Treatment Reviews, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 79–91, 2002.
- P. Newsholme, L. Brennan, B. Rubi, and P. Maechler, “New insights into amino acid metabolism, β-cell function and diabetes,” Clinical Science, vol. 108, no. 3, pp. 185–194, 2005.
- F. Hong, J. Yan, J. T. Baran et al., “Mechanism by which orally administered β-1,3-glucans enhance the tumoricidal activity of antitumor monoclonal antibodies in murine tumor models,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 173, no. 2, pp. 797–806, 2004.