- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 720285, 6 pages
Construction, Expression, and Characterization of Thymosin Alpha 1 Tandem Repeats in Escherichia coli
State Key Laboratory of Cancer Biology, Department of Biopharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi'an 710032, China
Received 11 June 2012; Revised 26 November 2012; Accepted 26 November 2012
Academic Editor: Fabio Ferreira Perazzo
Copyright © 2013 Xiao-Chang Xue et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. I. MacDonald and E. V. Pozharski, “Free energies of urea and of thermal unfolding show that two tandem repeats of spectrin are thermodynamically more stable than a single repeat,” Biochemistry, vol. 40, no. 13, pp. 3974–3984, 2001.
- J. Varea, J. L. Saiz, C. López-Zumel et al., “Do sequence repeats play an equivalent role in the choline-binding module of pneumococcal LytA amidase?” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 275, no. 35, pp. 26842–26855, 2000.
- C. A. Buscaglia, J. Alfonso, O. Campetella, and A. C. C. Frasch, “Tandem amino acid repeats from Trypanosoma cruzi shed antigens increase the half-life of proteins in blood,” Blood, vol. 93, no. 6, pp. 2025–2032, 1999.
- A. Schneider, A. Hemphill, T. Wyler, and T. Seebeck, “Large microtubule-associated protein of T. brucei has tandemly repeated, near-identical sequences,” Science, vol. 241, no. 4864, pp. 459–462, 1988.
- P. C. Cotrim, G. Paranhos-Baccala, M. R. Santos et al., “Organization and expression of the gene encoding an immunodominant repetitive antigen associated to the cytoskeleton of Trypanosoma cruzi,” Molecular and Biochemical Parasitology, vol. 71, no. 1, pp. 89–98, 1995.
- A. L. Goldstein, T. L. Low, M. McAdoo et al., “Thymosin alpha 1: isolation and sequence analysis of an immunologically active thymic polypeptide,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 74, pp. 725–729, 1977.
- T. L. K. Low and A. L. Goldstein, “The chemistry and biology of thymosin. II. Amino acid sequence analysis of thymosin α1 and polypeptide β1,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 254, no. 3, pp. 987–995, 1979.
- F. Salvati, G. Rasi, L. Portalone, A. Antilli, and E. Garaci, “Combined treatment with thymosin-alpha1 and low-dose interferon-alpha after ifosfamide in non-small cell lung cancer: a phase-II controlled trial,” Anticancer Research, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 1001–1004, 1996.
- S. Moscarella, G. Buzzelli, R. G. Romanelli et al., “Interferon and thymosin combination therapy in naive patients with chronic hepatitis C: preliminary results,” Liver, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 366–369, 1998.
- F. Pica, M. Fraschetti, C. Matteucci, C. Tuthill, and G. Rasi, “High doses of thymosin alpha 1 enhance the anti-tumor efficacy of combination chemo-immunotherapy for murine B16 melanoma,” Anticancer Research, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 3571–3578, 1998.
- X. Xue, Z. Wang, Z. Yan, J. Shi, W. Han, and Y. Zhang, “Production and purification of recombinant human BLyS mutant from inclusion bodies,” Protein Expression and Purification, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 194–199, 2005.
- J. Kim, J. M. Park, and B. J. Lee, “HIGH-level expression and efficient purification of the antimicrobial peptide gaegurin 4 in E. coli,” Protein and Peptide Letters, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 391–396, 1997.
- Y. Chen, L. Zhao, G. Shen et al., “Expression and analysis of thymosin α1 concatemer in Escherichia coli,” Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 51–56, 2008.
- J. H. Shi, Y. T. Zhao, J. L. Wang, W. Han, Z. Yan, and Y. Q. Zhang, “Analysis of low molecular peptides by sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis,” Journal of the Fourth Military Medical University, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 761–763, 2000.