- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 734137, 15 pages
The CULTEX RFS: A Comprehensive Technical Approach for the In Vitro Exposure of Airway Epithelial Cells to the Particulate Matter at the Air-Liquid Interface
1Cultex Laboratories GmbH, Feodor-Lynen-Straße 21, 30625 Hannover, Germany
2Halter Engineering GmbH, Huebstraße 16, 9100 Herisau, Switzerland
3Von der Hardt 16, 57392 Oberkirchen, Germany
Received 8 October 2012; Revised 23 November 2012; Accepted 16 December 2012
Academic Editor: Abderrahim Nemmar
Copyright © 2013 Michaela Aufderheide et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- David Thorne, and Jason Adamson, “A review of in vitro cigarette smoke exposure systems,” Experimental and Toxicologic Pathology, 2013.
- Dirk Steinritz, Niklas Möhle, Christine Pohl, Mirko Papritz, Bernhard Stenger, Annette Schmidt, Charles James Kirkpatrick, Horst Thiermann, Richard Vogel, Sebastian Hoffmann, and Michaela Aufderheide, “Use of the Cultex® Radial Flow System as an in vitro exposure method to assess acute pulmonary toxicity of fine dusts and nanoparticles with special focus on the intra- and inter-laboratory reproducibility,” Chemico-Biological Interactions, 2013.
- Felicia Goh, Janet G Shaw, Santiyagu M Savarimuthu Francis, Annalicia Vaughan, Leanne Morrison, Vandana Relan, Henry M Marshall, Annette G Dent, Phoebe E O’Hare, Amy Hsiao, Rayleen V Bowman, Kwun M Fong, and Ian A Yang, “Personalizing and targeting therapy for COPD – the role of molecular and clinical biomarkers,” Expert Review of Respiratory Medicine, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- Jose Zavala, Kim Lichtveld, Seth Ebersviller, Johnny L. Carson, Glenn W. Walters, Ilona Jaspers, Harvey E. Jeffries, Kenneth G. Sexton, and William Vizuete, “The Gillings Sampler – An Electrostatic Air Sampler as an Alternative Method for Aerosol In Vitro Exposure Studies,” Chemico-Biological Interactions, 2014.
- Amanda J Hayes, and Shahnaz Bakand, “Toxicological perspectives of inhaled therapeutics and nanoparticles,” Expert Opinion on Drug Metabolism & Toxicology, pp. 1–15, 2014.
- Mariola J. Edelmann, Leslie A. Shack, Caitlin D. Naske, Keisha B. Walters, and Bindu Nanduri, “SILAC-Based Quantitative Proteomic Analysis of Human Lung Cell Response to Copper Oxide Nanoparticles,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 12, 2014.
- Brandi N. Snyder-Talkington, Chunlin Dong, Xiangyi Zhao, Julian Dymacek, Dale W. Porter, Michael G. Wolfarth, Vincent Castranova, Yong Qian, and Nancy L. Guo, “Multi-walled carbon nanotube-induced gene expression in vitro: Concordance with in vivo studies,” Toxicology, 2014.
- Detlef Ritter, and Jan Knebel, “ Investigations of the Biological Effects of Airborne and Inhalable Substances by Cell-Based In Vitro Methods: Fundamental Improvements to the ALI Concept ,” Advances in Toxicology, vol. 2014, pp. 1–11, 2014.
- Amelie Tsoutsoulopoulos, Niklas Möhle, Michaela Aufderheide, Annette Schmidt, Horst Thiermann, and Dirk Steinritz, “Optimization of the CULTEX® Radial Flow System for in vitro investigation of lung damaging agents,” Toxicology Letters, 2015.