- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 741428, 3 pages
Pain Coping Strategies for Children with Arthritis
1Department of Psychology, Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH 45207, USA
2School of Human Services, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45221, USA
Received 22 April 2013; Accepted 8 July 2013
Academic Editor: Roya Kelishadi
Copyright © 2013 Kim J. Rosenzweig and Laura Nabors. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. T. Cassidy and R. E. Petty, Textbook of Pediatric Rheumatology, Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 4th edition, 2001.
- M. A. Rapoff, A. M. McGrath, and C. B. Lindsley, “Medical and psychosocial aspects of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis,” in Handbook of Pediatric Psychology, M. C. Roberts, Ed., pp. 392–408, Guildford Press, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- L. E. Schanberg, K. M. Gil, K. K. Anthony, E. Yow, and J. Rochon, “Pain, stiffness and fatigue in Juvenile Polyarticular Arthritis,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 52, pp. 1196–1204, 2005.
- P. A. McGrath, K. N. Speechley, C. E. Seifert, J. T. Biehn, A. E. Cairney, F. P. Gorodzinkey, et al., “A survey of children's acute, recurrent, and chronic pain: validation of the pain experience Interview,” Pain, vol. 87, pp. 59–73, 2000.
- K. M. Gil, K. K. Anthony, J. W. Carson, R. Redding-Lallinger, C. W. Daeschner, and R. E. Ware, “Daily coping practice predicts treatment effects in children with sickle cell disease,” Journal of Pediatric Psychology, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 163–173, 2001.
- E. W. Holden, C. Rawlins, and J. Gladstein, “Children's coping with recurrent headache,” Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 147–158, 1998.
- P. A. McGrath, Pain in Children: Nature, Assessment, and Treatment, Guilford Press, New York, NY, USA, 1990.
- M. Thastum, T. Herlin, and R. Zachariae, “Relationship of pain-coping strategies and pain-specific beliefs to pain experience in children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 178–184, 2005.
- L. Nabors, Change the Channel Intervention Manual for Kids with Arthritis, University of Cincinnati, 2006.