- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 741476, 7 pages
The Short ITS2 Sequence Serves as an Efficient Taxonomic Sequence Tag in Comparison with the Full-Length ITS
1Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100094, China
2College of Resources Science & Technology, Beijing Normal University, Beijing 100875, China
Received 31 October 2012; Accepted 26 December 2012
Academic Editor: Abdurrahman Saydut
Copyright © 2013 Jianping Han et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Xiaochen Chen, Baosheng Liao, Jingyuan Song, Xiaohui Pang, Jianping Han, and Shilin Chen, “A fast SNP identification and analysis of intraspecific variation in the medicinal Panax species based on DNA barcoding,” Gene, 2013.
- Xin-Cun Wang, Chang Liu, Liang Huang, Johan Bengtsson-Palme, Haimei Chen, Jian-Hui Zhang, Dayong Cai, and Jian-Qin Li, “ITS1: a DNA barcode better than ITS2 in eukaryotes?,” Molecular Ecology Resources, 2014.
- M. Ajmal Ali, Gábor Gyulai, Norbert Hidvégi, Balázs Kerti, Fahad M.A. Al Hemaid, Arun K. Pandey, and Joongku Lee, “The changing epitome of species identification – DNA barcoding,” Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences, 2014.
- Natascha Techen, Iffat Parveen, and Zhiqiang Pan, “DNA barcoding of medicinal plant material for identification,” Current Opinion in Biotechnology, vol. 25, pp. 103–110, 2014.
- Shilin Chen, Xiaohui Pang, Jingyuan Song, Linchun Shi, Hui Yao, Jianping Han, and Christine Leon, “A renaissance in herbal medicine identification: From morphology to DNA,” Biotechnology Advances, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 1237–1244, 2014.
- Dequan Zhang, Yongshou Yang, Bei Jiang, Lizhen Duan, and Nong Zhou, “How To Correctly Identify Herbal Materials In Market: A Case Study Based On Dna Barcodes,” African Journal Of Traditional Complementary And Alternative Medicines, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 66–76, 2014.
- Baosheng Liao, Xiaochen Chen, Jianping Han, Yang Dan, Lili Wang, Wenjing Jiao, Jingyuan Song, and Shilin Chen, “Identification of commercial Ganoderma (Lingzhi) species by ITS2 sequences,” Chinese Medicine, vol. 10, 2015.
- Priyanka Mishra, Amit Kumar, Akshitha Nagireddy, Daya N. Mani, Ashutosh K. Shukla, Rakesh Tiwari, and Velusamy Sundaresan, “DNA barcoding: an efficient tool to overcome authentication challenges in the herbal market,” Plant Biotechnology Journal, 2015.
- Attachai Kantachumpoo, Shinya Uwai, Thidarat Noiraksar, and Teruhisa Komatsu, “Systematics of marine brown alga Sargassum from Thailand: A preliminary study based on morphological data and nuclear ribosomal internal transcribed s,” Ocean Science Journal, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 251–262, 2015.
- Giovanna Camara Giudicelli, Geraldo Maeder, and Loreta Brandao de Freitas, “Efficiency of ITS Sequences for DNA Barcoding in Passiflora (Passifloraceae),” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 7289–7303, 2015.
- Qing-Jun Yuan, Bin Zhang, Dan Jiang, Wen-Jing Zhang, Tsai-Yun Lin, Nian-He Wang, Shu-Jiau Chiou, and Lu-Qi Huang, “Identification of species and materia medica within Angelica L. (Umbelliferae) based on phylogeny inferred from DNA barcodes,” Molecular Ecology Resources, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 358–371, 2015.
- Juan Chen, Jietang Zhao, David L. Erickson, Nianhe Xia, and W. John Kress, “Testing DNA barcodes in closely related species of Curcuma (Zingiberaceae) from Myanmar and China,” Molecular Ecology Resources, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 337–348, 2015.
- Davide Ferrigo, Giulio Galla, Eleonora Sforza, Tomas Morosinotto, Gianni Barcaccia, and Cristina Ceschi Berrini, “Biochemical characterization and genetic identity of an oil-rich Acutodesmus obliquus isolate,” Journal Of Applied Phycology, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 149–161, 2015.
- Yue Liu, Wei Sun, Chuan Liu, Yaqin Zhang, Yilong Chen, Ming Song, Gang Fan, Xia Liu, Li Xiang, and Yi Zhang, “Identification of Hippophae species (Shaji) through DNA barcodes,” Chinese Medicine, vol. 10, no. 1, 2015.
- Rodney T. Richardson, Chia-Hua Lin, Douglas B. Sponsler, Juan O. Quijia, Karen Goodell, and Reed M. Johnson, “Application Of Its2 Metabarcoding To Determine The Provenance Of Pollen Collected By Honey Bees In An Agroecosystem,” Applications In Plant Sciences, vol. 3, no. 1, 2015.
- Lili Wang, Weijun Kong, Meihua Yang, Jianping Han, and Shilin Chen, “Safety issues and new rapid detection methods in traditional Chinese medicinal materials,” Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B, 2015.
- Xueyong Wang, Guojie Xu, Chunsheng Liu, Luqi Huang, Baosheng Zhao, Xiaolei Ren, Xiaorui Fu, Guangxi Ren, and Siqi Liu, “Development of deft amplification refractory mutation sequencing system (ARMSS) for discriminating Pilos antler based on a short cytochrome b (Cytb) g,” Mitochondrial Dna, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 1332–1335, 2016.
- Yang Liu, Xiaoyue Wang, Lili Wang, Xiaochen Chen, Xiaohui Pang, and Jianping Han, “A Nucleotide Signature for the Identification of American Ginseng and Its Products,” Frontiers in Plant Science, vol. 7, 2016.
- Jianping Han, Xiaohui Pang, Baosheng Liao, Hui Yao, Jingyuan Song, and Shilin Chen, “An authenticity survey of herbal medicines from markets in China using DNA barcoding,” Scientific Reports, vol. 6, 2016.