- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 754169, 4 pages
Mean Platelet Volume Reflect Hematopoietic Potency and Correlated Blood Group O in Cord Blood from Healthy Newborn
1Department of Laboratory Medicine, Gyeongsang National University Hospital, Gyeongsangnam-do, Jinju 660-702, Republic of Korea
2Department of Laboratory Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 156-707, Republic of Korea
3Department of Laboratory Medicine, Boramae Hospital, Seoul 156-707, Republic of Korea
4Seoul Metropolitan Government Public Cord Blood Bank (Allcord), Boramae Hospital, Seoul 156-707, Republic of Korea
5Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Boramae Hospital, Seoul 156-707, Republic of Korea
6Department of Paediatrics, Boramae Hospital, Seoul 156-707, Republic of Korea
Received 6 November 2012; Revised 11 March 2013; Accepted 11 March 2013
Academic Editor: Andrew St. John
Copyright © 2013 Hye Ryun Lee et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. R. Migliaccio, J. W. Adamson, C. E. Stevens, N. L. Dobrila, C. M. Carrier, and P. Rubinstein, “Cell dose and speed of engraftment in placental/umbilical cord blood transplantation: graft progenitor cell content is a better predictor than nucleated cell quantity,” Blood, vol. 96, no. 8, pp. 2717–2722, 2000.
- N. Schmitz and J. Barrett, “Optimizing engraftment—source and dose of stem cells,” Seminars in Hematology, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 3–14, 2002.
- J. E. Wagner, J. N. Barker, T. E. DeFor et al., “Transplantation of unrelated donor umbilical cord blood in 102 patients with malignant and nonmalignant diseases: influence of CD34 cell dose and HLA disparity on treatment-related mortality and survival,” Blood, vol. 100, no. 5, pp. 1611–1618, 2002.
- M. Eskola, S. Rekunen, P. Aroviita et al., “Association of cord blood platelet characteristics and hematopoietic progenitor cells,” Transfusion, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 884–892, 2008.
- H. R. Lee, J. S. Park, S. Shin et al., “Increased numbers of total nucleated and CD34+ cells in blood group O cord blood: an analysis of neonatal innate factors in the Korean population,” Transfusion, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 76–81, 2012.
- M. Eskola, S. Juutistenaho, K. Aranko, S. Sainio, and R. Kekomäki, “Association of cord blood platelet count and volume with hemoglobin in healthy term infants,” Journal of Perinatology, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 258–262, 2011.
- B. J. Bain, “Platelet count and platelet size in males and females,” Scandinavian Journal of Haematology, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 77–79, 1985.
- J. D. Bessman, “The relation of megakaryocyte ploidy to platelet volume,” American Journal of Hematology, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 161–170, 1984.
- K. M. Bowles, L. J. Cooke, E. M. Richards, and T. P. Baglin, “Platelet size has diagnostic predictive value in patients with thrombocytopenia,” Clinical and Laboratory Haematology, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 370–373, 2005.
- M. S. Dastjerdi, T. Emami, A. Najafian, and M. Amini, “Mean platelet volume measurement, EDTA or citrate?” Hematology, vol. 11, no. 5-6, pp. 317–319, 2006.
- C. B. Thompson, D. D. Diaz, P. G. Quinn, M. Lapins, S. R. Kurtz, and C. R. Valeri, “The role of anticoagulation in the measurement of platelet volumes,” American Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 80, no. 3, pp. 327–332, 1983.