- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 763186, 5 pages
Risk Management in Magnetic Resonance: Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis
1Division of Radiology, Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Radiant and Metabolic Therapy, “Istituto Nazionale Tumori Fondazione G. Pascale,” IRCCS, Via Mariano Semmola, 80131 Naples, Italy
2Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technologies, University of “Federico II,” Via Claudio, 80125 Naples, Italy
3Department of Preventive Medical Sciences, University of “Federico II,” Via Pansini, 80131 Naples, Italy
4Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Sant’Anna e San Sebastiano Hospital of Caserta, Via Gennaro Tescione, Caserta, Italy
5General Director, “Istituto Nazionale Tumori Fondazione G. Pascale,” IRCCS, Via Mariano Semmola, 80131 Naples, Italy
Received 30 April 2013; Accepted 22 August 2013
Academic Editor: Barry J. Byrne
Copyright © 2013 Antonella Petrillo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Reason, “Combating omission errors through task analysis and good reminders,” Quality and Safety in Health Care, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 40–44, 2002.
- J. T. Reason, J. Carthey, and M. R. de Leval, “Diagnosing “vulnerable system syndrome”: an essential prerequisite to effective risk management,” Quality in Health Care, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 21–25, 2001.
- R. J. Bord and R. E. O'Connor, “Determinants of risk perceptions of a hazardous waste site,” Risk Analysis, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 411–416, 1992.
- J. Bradbury, “The policy implications of differing concepts of risk,” Science Technology & Human Values, vol. 14, pp. 380–399, 1989.
- V. T. Covello and J. Mumpower, “Risk analysis and risk management: an historical perspective,” Risk Analysis, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 103–120, 1985.
- O. Renn, “Risk perception and risk management: a review,” Risk Abstracts, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 1990.
- R. Golfieri, L. Pescarini, A. Fileni et al., “Clinical risk management in radiology, part I: general background and types of error and their prevention,” Radiologia Medica, vol. 115, no. 7, pp. 1121–1146, 2010.
- M. Centonze, D. Visconti, S. Doratiotto et al., “Clinical risk management in radiology, part II: applied examples and concluding remarks,” Radiologia Medica, vol. 115, no. 7, pp. 1147–1164, 2010.
- R. Caroll, Risk Management Handbook for Health Care Organizations, American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM), John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2012.
- R. Borgovini, S. Pemberton, and M. Rossi, Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), p. 5, CRTA-FMECA, Reliability Analysis Center, Rome, NY, USA, 1993.
- Sicurezza dei pazienti e gestione del rischio clinico, 2007, Ministero della Salute, FNOMCEO e IPASVI. Eds, Biblioteca la Professione, http://www.salute.gov.it/imgs/c_17_pubblicazioni_640_allegato.pdf.