- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 789184, 6 pages
The Effect of Apigenin on Pharmacokinetics of Imatinib and Its Metabolite N-Desmethyl Imatinib in Rats
1The First Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical University, Wenzhou 325000, China
2School of Pharmacy, Wenzhou Medical University, Wenzhou 325035, China
3Ningbo Municipal Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ningbo 315010, China
Received 26 June 2013; Accepted 30 October 2013
Academic Editor: Graziano Onder
Copyright © 2013 Xian-yun Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Wu, F. Meng, H. Lu et al., “Lyn regulates BCR-ABL and Gab2 tyrosine phosphorylation and c-Cbl protein stability in imatinib-resistant chronic myelogenous leukemia cells,” Blood, vol. 111, no. 7, pp. 3821–3829, 2008.
- M. G. Kris, R. B. Natale, R. S. Herbst et al., “Efficacy of gefitinib, an inhibitor of the epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase, in symptomatic patients with non-small cell lung cancer: a randomized trial,” The Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 290, no. 16, pp. 2149–2158, 2003.
- J. Litz and G. W. Krystal, “Imatinib inhibits c-Kit-induced hypoxia-inducible factor-1α activity and vascular endothelial growth factor expression in small cell lung cancer cells,” Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 1415–1422, 2006.
- M. Talpaz, N. P. Shah, H. Kantarjian et al., “Dasatinib in imatinib-resistant Philadelphia chromosome-positive leukemias,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 354, no. 24, pp. 2531–2541, 2006.
- G. D. Demetri, M. von Mehren, C. D. Blanke et al., “Efficacy and safety of imatinib mesylate in advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumors,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 347, no. 7, pp. 472–480, 2002.
- H. Burger and K. Nooter, “Pharmacokinetic resistance to imatinib mesylate: role of the ABC drug pumps ABCG2 (BCRP) and ABCB1 (MDR1) in the oral bioavailability of imatinib,” Cell Cycle, vol. 3, no. 12, pp. 1502–1505, 2004.
- I. N. Beara, M. M. Lesjak, E. D. Jovin et al., “Plantain (Plantago L.) species as novel sources of flavonoid antioxidants,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 57, no. 19, pp. 9268–9273, 2009.
- C. Li, H. Du, L. Wang et al., “Flavonoid composition and antioxidant activity of tree peony (Paeonia section Moutan) yellow flowers,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 57, no. 18, pp. 8496–8503, 2009.
- X. Y. Lu, D. L. Sun, Z. J. Chen et al., “Relative contribution of small and large intestine to deglycosylation and absorption of flavonoids from Chrysanthemun morifolium extract,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 58, no. 19, pp. 10661–10667, 2010.
- G. Panoino, F. L. Courts, S. Lombardo, G. Mauromicale, and G. Williamson, “Caffeoylquinic acids and flavonoids in the immature Inflorescence of globe artichoke, wild cardoon, and cultivated cardoon,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 1026–1031, 2010.
- Y. Qiu, Q. Liu, and T. Beta, “Antioxidant activity of commercial wild rice and identification of flavonoid compounds in active fractions,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 57, no. 16, pp. 7543–7551, 2009.
- S. Matsumoto, S. Kimura, H. Segawa et al., “Efficacy of the third-generation bisphosphonate, zoledronic acid alone and combined with anti-cancer agents against small cell lung cancer cell lines,” Lung Cancer, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 31–39, 2005.
- T. Tarumoto, T. Nagai, K. Ohmine et al., “Ascorbic acid restores sensitivity to imatinib via suppression of Nrf2-dependent gene expression in the imatinib-resistant cell line,” Experimental Hematology, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 375–381, 2004.
- W. Du, C. Sun, Z. Liang, Y. Han, and J. Yu, “Antibacterial activity of hypocrellin A against Staphylococcus aureus,” World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 28, no. 11, pp. 3151–3157, 2012.
- P. Lampropoulos, M. Lambropoulou, A. Papalois, et al., “The role of apigenin in an experimental model of acute pancreatitis,” Journal of Surgical Research, vol. 183, no. 1, pp. 129–137, 2013.
- H. Shimada, M. Eto, M. Ohtaguro et al., “Differential mechanisms for the inhibition of human cytochrome P450 1A2 by apigenin and genistein,” Journal of Biochemical and Molecular Toxicology, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 230–234, 2010.
- P. C. Ho, D. J. Saville, and S. Wanwimolruk, “Inhibition of human CYP3A4 activity by grapefruit flavonoids, furanocoumarins and related compounds,” Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 217–227, 2001.
- M. Hellen, B. Adrian, and W. Guenther, “Bioavailability of apigenin from apiin-rich parsley in humans,” Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 167–172, 2006.
- P. Hodek, P. Trefil, and M. Stiborová, “Flavonoids-potent and versatile biologically active compounds interacting with cytochromes P450,” Chemico-Biological Interactions, vol. 139, no. 1, pp. 1–21, 2002.
- C. M. Hunt, W. R. Westerkam, and G. M. Stave, “Effect of age and gender on the activity of human hepatic CYP3A,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 275–283, 1992.
- J. Li, M. O. Karlsson, J. Brahmer et al., “CYP3A phenotyping approach to predict systemic exposure to EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitors,” Journal of the National Cancer Institute, vol. 98, no. 23, pp. 1714–1723, 2006.
- C. S. Yang, J. D. Lambert, and S. Sang, “Antioxidative and anti-carcinogenic activities of tea polyphenols,” Archives of Toxicology, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 11–21, 2009.
- Y. J. Surh and L. R. Ferguson, “Dietary and medicinal antimutagens and anticarcinogens: molecular mechanisms and chemopreventive potential—highlights of a symposium,” Mutation Research, vol. 523-524, pp. 1–8, 2003.
- I. Panigrahi and R. Naithani, “Imatinib mesylate: a designer drug,” Journal of Association of Physicians of India, vol. 54, pp. 203–206, 2006.
- Y. Wang, L. Zhou, C. Dutreix et al., “Effects of imatinib (Glivec) on the pharmacokinetics of metoprolol, a CYP2D6 substrate, in Chinese patients with chronic myelogenous leukaemia,” British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, vol. 65, no. 6, pp. 885–892, 2008.
- Y. Yamakawa, A. Hamada, R. Nakashima et al., “Association of genetic polymorphisms in the influx transporter SLCO1B3 and the efflux transporter ABCB1 with imatinib pharmacokinetics in patients with chronic myeloid leukemia,” Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 244–250, 2011.
- A. M. Filppula, M. Neuvonen, J. Laitila, P. J. Neuvonen, and J. T. Backman , “Autoinhibition of CYP3A4 leads to important role of CYP2C8 in imatinib metabolism: variability in CYP2C8 activity may alter plasma concentrations and response,” Drug Metabolism and Disposition, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 50–59, 2013.