- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 792940, 9 pages
Rikkunshito, a Japanese Kampo Medicine, Ameliorates Decreased Feeding Behavior via Ghrelin and Serotonin 2B Receptor Signaling in a Novelty Stress Murine Model
1Tsumura Research Laboratories, Tsumura & Co., Ibaraki 300-1192, Japan
2Pathophysiology and Therapeutics, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0812, Japan
3Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-8638, Japan
4Department of Medical Gastroenterology, National Hospital Organization Hokkaido Medical Center, Sapporo, Hokkaido 063-0005, Japan
Received 28 June 2013; Revised 21 August 2013; Accepted 29 August 2013
Academic Editor: Mahmood Ameen Abdulla
Copyright © 2013 Chihiro Yamada et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Hironobu Tsubouchi, Shigehisa Yanagi, Ayako Miura, Sachiko Mogami, Chihiro Yamada, Seiichi Iizuka, Tomohisa Hattori, and Masamitsu Nakazato, “Rikkunshito ameliorates cachexia associated with bleomycin-induced lung fibrosis in mice by stimulating ghrelin secretion,” Nutrition Research, 2014.
- Liam McAllan, Peter Skuse, Paul D. Cotter, Paula O' Connor, John F. Cryan, R. Paul Ross, Gerald Fitzgerald, Helen M. Roche, and Kanishka N. Nilaweera, “Protein Quality and the Protein to Carbohydrate Ratio within a High Fat Diet Influences Energy Balance and the Gut Microbiota In C57BL/6J Mice,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014.
- Sachiko Mogami, and Tomohisa Hattori, “Beneficial Effects of Rikkunshito, a Japanese Kampo Medicine, on Gastrointestinal Dysfunction and Anorexia in Combination with Western Drug: A Systematic Review,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2014, pp. 1–7, 2014.
- J.T Dwarkasing, D.L. Marks, R.F Witkamp, and K. van Norren, “Hypothalamic inflammation and food intake regulation during chronic illness,” Peptides, 2015.
- Fu Peng, Qiaohui Du, Cheng Peng, Neng Wang, Hailin Tang, Xiaoming Xie, Jiangang Shen, and Jianping Chen, “A Review: The Pharmacology of Isoliquiritigenin,” Phytotherapy Research, 2015.
- Yayoi Saegusa, Tomohisa Hattori, Miwa Nahata, Chihiro Yamada, and Hiroshi Takeda, “A New Strategy Using Rikkunshito to Treat Anorexia and Gastrointestinal Dysfunction,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2015, pp. 1–10, 2015.