- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 793502, 8 pages
Detection of Intracellular Factor VIII Protein in Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells by Flow Cytometry
1Laboratory of Hemostasis, Division of Hematology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, 29 Lincoln Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
2Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Received 30 November 2012; Accepted 28 January 2013
Academic Editor: Akanchha Kesari
Copyright © 2013 Gouri Shankar Pandey et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- O. D. Ratnoff and B. Bennett, “The genetics of hereditary disorders of blood coagulation,” Science, vol. 179, no. 4080, pp. 1291–1298, 1973.
- J. Graw, H. H. Brackmann, J. Oldenburg, R. Schneppenheim, M. Spannagl, and R. Schwaab, “Haemophilia A: from mutation analysis to new therapies,” Nature Reviews Genetics, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 488–501, 2005.
- P. M. Mannucci and E. G. D. Tuddenham, “The hemophilias—from royal genes to gene therapy,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 344, no. 23, pp. 1773–1779, 2001.
- D. Lillicrap, “Improvements in factor concentrates,” Current Opinion in Hematology, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 393–397, 2010.
- J. Wight and S. Paisley, “The epidemiology of inhibitors in haemophilia A: a systematic review,” Haemophilia, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 418–435, 2003.
- B. Levinson, S. Kenwrick, D. Lakich, G. Hammonds Jr., and J. Gitschier, “A transcribed gene in an intron of the human factor VIII gene,” Genomics, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 1990.
- S. E. Antonarakis, J. P. Rossiter, M. Young et al., “Factor VIII gene inversions in severe hemophilia A: results of an international consortium study,” Blood, vol. 86, no. 6, pp. 2206–2212, 1995.
- A. H. Zhang, J. Skupsky, and D. W. Scott, “Factor VIII inhibitors: risk factors and methods for prevention and immune modulation,” Clinical Reviews in Allergy and Immunology, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 114–124, 2009.
- K. R. Viel, A. Ameri, T. C. Abshire, et al., “Inhibitors of factor VIII in black patients with hemophilia,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 360, no. 16, pp. 1618–1627, 2009.
- M. Young, H. Inaba, L. W. Hoyer, M. Higuchi, H. H. Kazazian, and S. E. Antonarakis, “Partial correction of a severe molecular defect in hemophilia A, because of errors during expression of the factor VIII gene,” American Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 565–573, 1997.
- S. C. Gouw, H. M. Berg, J. Oldenburg, et al., “F8 gene mutation type and inhibitor development in patients with severe hemophilia A: systematic review and meta-analysis,” Blood, vol. 119, no. 12, pp. 2922–2934, 2012.
- D. Greenbaum, C. Colangelo, K. Williams, and M. Gerstein, “Comparing protein abundance and mRNA expression levels on a genomic scale,” Genome Biology, vol. 4, no. 9, article 117, 2003.
- J. W. Parker, “Flow cytometry in the diagnosis in hematologic diseases,” Annals of Clinical and Laboratory Science, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 427–442, 1986.
- R. L. Johnson, “Flow cytometry: from research to clinical laboratory applications,” Clinics in Laboratory Medicine, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 831–852, 1993.
- K. Mous, W. Jennes, A. de Roo, I. Pintelon, L. Kestens, and X. van Ostade, “Intracellular detection of differential APOBEC3G, TRIM5alpha, and LEDGF/p75 protein expression in peripheral blood by flow cytometry,” Journal of Immunological Methods, vol. 372, no. 1-2, pp. 52–64, 2011.
- Z. E. Sauna, C. Okunji, R. C. Hunt et al., “Characterization of conformation-sensitive antibodies to ADAMTS13, the von Willebrand cleavage protease,” PLoS One, vol. 4, no. 8, Article ID e6506, 2009.
- R. J. Summers, S. L. Meeks, J. F. Healey et al., “Factor VIII A3 domain substitution N1922S results in hemophilia A due to domain-specific misfolding and hyposecretion of functional protein,” Blood, vol. 117, no. 11, pp. 3190–3198, 2011.
- C. Egler, T. Albert, O. Brokemper et al., “Kinetic parameters of monoclonal antibodies ESH2, ESH4, ESH5, and ESH8 on coagulation factor VIII and their influence on factor VIII activity,” Journal of Molecular Recognition, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 301–306, 2009.
- B. D. Griffin, L. R. Micklem, and M. C. McCann, “The production and characterisation of a panel of ten murine monoclonal antibodies to human procoagulant Factor VIII,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 40–46, 1986.
- D. Scandella, G. E. Gilbert, M. Shima et al., “Some factor VIII inhibitor antibodies recognize a common epitope corresponding to C2 domain amino acids 2248 through 2312, which overlap a phospholipid-binding site,” Blood, vol. 86, no. 5, pp. 1811–1819, 1995.
- X. Li, G. Jiang, D. Wu, X. Wang, and B. Zeng, “Construction of a recombinant eukaryotic expression plasmid containing human calcitonin gene and its expression in NIH3T3 cells,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2009, Article ID 241390, 7 pages, 2009.
- Baxter, Advate Prescribing Information, Baxter, Deerfield, Mass, USA, 2010.
- Bayer HealthCare, Kogenate Prescribing Information, Bayer HealthCare, Leverkusen, Germany, 2009.
- Wyeth Pharma (Pfizer), ReFacto Prescribing Information, Wyeth Pharma (Pfizer), Madison, Wis, USA, 2007.
- X. Guo, H. Wang, H. Chu et al., “[Retroviral-mediated high efficient in vitro expression of human coagulation factor VIII],” Zhonghua xue ye xue za zhi, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 457–459, 2000.
- K. Swiech, A. Kamen, S. Ansorge, et al., “Transient transfection of serum-free suspension HEK 293 cell culture for efficient production of human rFVIII,” BMC Biotechnology, vol. 11, article 114, 2011.