- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 795676, 12 pages
Study of MicroRNAs Related to the Liver Regeneration of the Whitespotted Bamboo Shark, Chiloscyllium plagiosum
Institute of Biochemistry, College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang Sci-Tech University, Hangzhou 310018, China
Received 13 June 2013; Accepted 28 July 2013
Academic Editor: Lei Chen
Copyright © 2013 Conger Lu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Kumar and S. B. Hedges, “A molecular timescale for vertebrate evolution,” Nature, vol. 392, no. 6679, pp. 917–920, 1998.
- B. Venkatesh, E. F. Kirkness, Y.-H. Loh et al., “Survey sequencing and comparative analysis of the elephant shark (callorhinchus milii) genome,” PLoS Biology, vol. 5, no. 4, article e101, 2007.
- F. J. Huang and W. T. Wu, “Purification and characterization of a new peptide (S-8300) from shark liver,” Journal of Food Biochemistry, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 962–970, 2010.
- F. Zhou, Y. Wang, Y. Guan et al., “Construction and characterization of a cDNA library from shark regenerated hepatic tissue,” Fish and Shellfish Immunology, vol. 30, no. 4-5, pp. 1170–1177, 2011.
- X. Zongfa, C. Guangming, H. Ying, et al., “Study on immune activity of shark liver extracts,” Chinese Journal of Biochemical Pharmaceutics, vol. 3, 1999.
- Q. Ma, Y. Q. Su, J. Wang, Z. M. Zhuang, and Q. S. Tang, “Molecular cloning and expression analysis of major histocompatibility complex class IIB gene of the Whitespotted bambooshark (Chiloscyllium plagiosum),” Fish Physiology and Biochemistry, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 131–142, 2012.
- A. Grishok, A. E. Pasquinelli, D. Conte et al., “Genes and mechanisms related to RNA interference regulate expression of the small temporal RNAs that control C. elegans developmental timing,” Cell, vol. 106, no. 1, pp. 23–34, 2001.
- G. Hutvágner and P. D. Zamore, “A microRNA in a multiple-turnover RNAi enzyme complex,” Science, vol. 297, no. 5589, pp. 2056–2060, 2002.
- V. N. Kim, J. Han, and M. C. Siomi, “Biogenesis of small RNAs in animals,” Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 126–139, 2009.
- Y. Miyazaki, H. Adachi, M. Katsuno, et al., “Viral delivery of miR-196a ameliorates the SBMA phenotype via the silencing of CELF2,” Nature Medicine, vol. 18, no. 7, pp. 1136–1141, 2012.
- Z. G. Cai, S. M. Zhang, Y. Zhang, Y.-Y. Zhou, H. B. Wu, and X. P. Xu, “MicroRNAs are dynamically regulated and play an important role in LPS-induced lung injury,” Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 37–43, 2012.
- S. Subramanian and C. J. Steer, “MicroRNAs as gatekeepers of apoptosis,” Journal of Cellular Physiology, vol. 223, no. 2, pp. 289–298, 2010.
- S. Bala and G. Szabo, “MicroRNA signature in alcoholic liver disease,” International Journal of Hepatology, vol. 2012, Article ID 498232, 6 pages, 2012.
- X. Chen, M. Murad, Y. Y. Cui et al., “MiRNA regulation of liver growth after 50% partial hepatectomy and small size grafts in rats,” Transplantation, vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 293–299, 2011.
- S. K. Venugopal, J. Jiang, T.-H. Kim et al., “Liver fibrosis causes downregulation of miRNA-150 and miRNA-194 in hepatic stellate cells, and their overexpression causes decreased stellate cell activation,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 298, no. 1, pp. G101–G106, 2010.
- B. Venkatesh, A. Tay, N. Dandona, J. G. Patil, and S. Brenner, “A compact cartilaginous fish model genome,” Current Biology, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. R82–R83, 2005.
- M. Li, Y. Xia, Y. Gu et al., “MicroRNAome of porcine pre- and postnatal development,” PLoS ONE, vol. 5, no. 7, article e11541, 2010.
- Z. Wei, X. Liu, T. Feng, and Y. Chang, “Novel and conserved micrornas in dalian purple urchin (Strongylocentrotus nudus) identified by next generation sequencing,” International Journal of Biological Sciences, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 180–192, 2011.
- S. Ambady, Z. Wu, and T. Dominko, “Identification of novel micrornas in Xenopus laevis metaphase ii arrested eggs,” Genesis, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 286–299, 2012.
- B. H. Zhang, X. P. Pan, S. B. Cox, G. P. Cobb, and T. A. Anderson, “Evidence that miRNAs are different from other RNAs,” Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 246–254, 2006.
- B. Niu, L. Fu, S. Sun, and W. Li, “Artificial and natural duplicates in pyrosequencing reads of metagenomic data,” BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 11, article 187, 2010.
- Y. Huang, B. Niu, Y. Gao, L. Fu, and W. Li, “CD-HIT suite: a web server for clustering and comparing biological sequences,” Bioinformatics, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 680–682, 2010.
- A. J. Enright, B. John, U. Gaul, T. Tuschl, C. Sander, and D. S. Marks, “MicroRNA targets in Drosophila,” Genome Biology, vol. 5, no. 1, 1 pages, 2003.
- C. Z. Zhao, H. Xia, T. P. Frazier et al., “Deep sequencing identifies novel and conserved microRNAs in peanuts (Arachis hypogaea L.),” BMC Plant Biology, vol. 10, article 3, 2010.
- T. H. Beilharz, D. T. Humphreys, J. L. Clancy et al., “MicroRNA-mediated messenger RNA deadenylation contributes to translational repression in mammalian cells,” PLoS ONE, vol. 4, no. 8, article e6783, 2009.
- P. Sethupathy, M. Megraw, and A. G. Hatzigeorgiou, “A guide through present computational approaches for the identification of mammalian microRNA targets,” Nature Methods, vol. 3, no. 11, pp. 881–886, 2006.
- Y. Cai, X. Yu, Q. Zhou et al., “Novel microRNAs in silkworm (Bombyx mori),” Functional and Integrative Genomics, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 405–415, 2010.
- H. Chen, Y. Sun, R. Dong et al., “Mir-34a is upregulated during liver regeneration in rats and is associated with the suppression of hepatocyte proliferation,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 5, article e20238, 2011.
- R. P. Dippold, R. Vadigepalli, G. E. Gonye, B. Patra, and J. B. Hoek, “Chronic ethanol feeding alters miRNA expression dynamics during liver regeneration,” Alcoholism, Clinical and Experimental Research, vol. 37, supplement 1, pp. E59–E69, 2013.
- M. H. Lu, C.-Z. Li, C. J. Hu et al., “MicroRNA-27b suppresses mouse MSC migration to the liver by targeting SDF-1α in vitro,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 421, no. 2, pp. 389–395, 2012.
- F. Meng, H. Francis, S. Glaser et al., “Role of stem cell factor and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in remodeling during liver regeneration,” Hepatology, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 209–221, 2012.
- B. Yuan, R. Dong, D. Shi et al., “Down-regulation of miR-23b may contribute to activation of the TGF-β1/Smad3 signalling pathway during the termination stage of liver regeneration,” FEBS Letters, vol. 585, no. 6, pp. 927–934, 2011.
- I. Chaveles, A. Zaravinos, I. G. Habeos et al., “MicroRNA profiling in murine liver after partial hepatectomy,” International Journal of Molecular Medicine, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 747–755, 2012.
- Y. Zhu, Y. Lu, Q. Zhang, et al., “MicroRNA-26a/b and their host genes cooperate to inhibit the G1/S transition by activating the pRb protein,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 4615–4625, 2012.
- B. Zhang, X. Pan, Q. Wang, G. P. Cobb, and T. A. Anderson, “Computational identification of microRNAs and their targets,” Computational Biology and Chemistry, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 395–407, 2006.
- C. Wang, J. Han, C. Liu et al., “Identification of microRNAs from Amur grapes (vitis amurensis Rupr.) by deep sequencing and analysis of microRNA variations with bioinformatics,” BMC Genomics, vol. 13, article 122, 2012.
- D. Schotte, F. A. Moqadam, E. A. M. Lange-Turenhout et al., “Discovery of new microRNAs by small RNAome deep sequencing in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia,” Leukemia, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 1389–1399, 2011.
- B. Venkatesh, E. F. Kirkness, Y. H. Loh et al., “Ancient noncoding elements conserved in the human genome,” Science, vol. 314, no. 5807, p. 1892, 2006.
- G. Song and L. Wang, “MiR-433 and miR-127 arise from independent overlapping primary transcripts encoded by the miR-433-127 locus,” PLoS ONE, vol. 3, no. 10, article e3574, 2008.
- A. Stark, N. Bushati, C. H. Jan et al., “A single Hox locus in Drosophila produces functional microRNAs from opposite DNA strands,” Genes and Development, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 8–13, 2008.
- J. Shu, B. T. Kren, Z. Xia et al., “Genomewide microRNA down-regulation as a negative feedback mechanism in the early phases of liver regeneration,” Hepatology, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 609–619, 2011.
- L. Wu, C. Cai, X. Wang, M. Liu, X. Li, and H. Tang, “MicroRNA-142-3p, a new regulator of RAC1, suppresses the migration and invasion of hepatocellular carcinoma cells,” FEBS Letters, vol. 585, no. 9, pp. 1322–1330, 2011.
- A. Sacconi, F. Biagioni, V. Canu, et al., “miR-204 targets Bcl-2 expression and enhances responsiveness of gastric cancer,” Cell Death & Disease, vol. 3, article e423, 2012.
- M. Zhou, Z. Liu, Y. Zhao et al., “MicroRNA-125b confers the resistance of breast cancer cells to paclitaxel through suppression of pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 antagonist killer 1 (Bak1) expression,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 285, no. 28, pp. 21496–21507, 2010.