- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 798164, 10 pages
Helminth Protein Vaccine Induced Follicular T Helper Cell for Enhancement of Humoral Immunity against Schistosoma japonicum
1State Key Laboratory for Agro-Biotechnology, College of Biological Science, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, China
2Key Laboratory of Medical Molecular Virology of MOH and MOE, Fudan University Shanghai Medical College, Shanghai 200032, China
Received 8 July 2013; Revised 29 August 2013; Accepted 12 September 2013
Academic Editor: Ernesto S. Nakayasu
Copyright © 2013 Jingyao Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. C. Parker, “T cell-dependent B cell activation,” Annual Review of Immunology, vol. 11, pp. 331–360, 1993.
- I. L. King and M. Mohrs, “IL-4-producing CD4+ T cells in reactive lymph nodes during helminth infection are T follicular helper cells,” Journal of Experimental Medicine, vol. 206, no. 5, pp. 1001–1007, 2009.
- N. Fazilleau, L. Mark, L. J. McHeyzer-Williams, and M. G. McHeyzer-Williams, “Follicular helper T cells: lineage and location,” Immunity, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 324–335, 2009.
- V. L. Bryant, C. S. Ma, D. T. Avery et al., “Cytokine-mediated regulation of human B cell differentiation into Ig-secreting cells: predominant role of IL-21 produced by CXCR5+ T follicular helper cells,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 179, no. 12, pp. 8180–8190, 2007.
- C. H. Kim, H. W. Lim, J. R. Kim, L. Rott, P. Hillsamer, and E. C. Butcher, “Unique gene expression program of human germinal center T helper cells,” Blood, vol. 104, no. 7, pp. 1952–1960, 2004.
- N. M. Haynes, C. D. C. Allen, R. Lesley, K. M. Ansel, N. Killeen, and J. G. Cyster, “Role of CXCR5 and CCR7 in follicular Th cell positioning and appearance of a programmed cell death gene-1High germinal center-associated subpopulation,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 179, no. 8, pp. 5099–5108, 2007.
- N. Fazilleau, M. D. Eisenbraun, L. Malherbe et al., “Lymphoid reservoirs of antigen-specific memory T helper cells,” Nature Immunology, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 753–761, 2007.
- H. Akiba, K. Takeda, Y. Kojima et al., “The role of ICOS in the CXCR5+ follicular B helper T cell maintenance in vivo,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 175, no. 4, pp. 2340–2348, 2005.
- U. E. Höpken, A. H. Achtman, K. Krüger, and M. Lipp, “Distinct and overlapping roles of CXCR5 and CCR7 in B-1 cell homing and early immunity against bacterial pathogens,” Journal of Leukocyte Biology, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 709–718, 2004.
- S. Crotty, “Follicular Helper CD4 T cells (TFH),” Annual Review of Immunology, vol. 29, pp. 621–663, 2011.
- E. Schwartz, J. Rozenman, A. Bhigjee et al., “Schistosomiasis,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 347, no. 10, pp. 766–768, 2002.
- N. A. Moloney, Q. D. Bickle, and G. Webbe, “The induction of specific immunity against Schistosoma japonicum by exposure of mice to ultraviolet attenuated cercariae,” Parasitology, vol. 90, part 2, pp. 313–323, 1985.
- A. A. Da'dara, P. J. Skelly, M. Fatakdawala, S. Visovatti, E. Eriksson, and D. A. Harn, “Comparative efficacy of the Schistosoma mansoni nucleic acid vaccine, Sm23, following microseeding or gene gun delivery,” Parasite Immunology, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 179–187, 2002.
- T. Leenstra, L. P. Acosta, H. W. Wu et al., “T-helper-2 cytokine responses to Sj97 predict resistance to reinfection with Schistosoma japonicum,” Infection and Immunity, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 370–381, 2006.
- A. Medhat, M. Shehata, K. Bucci et al., “Increased interleukin-4 and interleukin-5 production in response to Schistosoma haematobium adult worm antigens correlates with lack of reinfection after treatment,” Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 178, no. 2, pp. 512–519, 1998.
- X. Wang, H. Jin, X. Du et al., “The protective efficacy aganist Schistosoma japonicum infection by immunization with DNA vaccine and levamisole as adjuvant in mice,” Vaccine, vol. 26, no. 15, pp. 1832–1845, 2008.
- S. J. O'Keefe, J. Tamura, R. L. Kincaid, M. J. Tocci, and E. A. O'Neill, “FK-506- and CsA-sensitive activation of the interleukin-2 promoter by calcineurin,” Nature, vol. 357, no. 6380, pp. 692–694, 1992.
- H. Matsue, C. Yang, K. Matsue, D. Edelbaum, M. Mummert, and A. Takashima, “Contrasting impacts of immunosuppressive agents (rapamycin, FK506, cyclosporin A, and dexamethasone) on bidirectional dendritic cell-T cell interaction during antigen presentation,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 169, no. 7, pp. 3555–3564, 2002.
- Y. Kang, J. Zhao, Y. Liu et al., “FK506 as an adjuvant of tolerogenic DNA vaccination for the prevention of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis,” Journal of Gene Medicine, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 1064–1070, 2009.
- Y. Kang, G. Zheng, A. Chen et al., “Tolerogenic DNA vaccine for prevention of autoimmune ovarian disease,” Immunological Investigations, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 249–260, 2012.
- J. Zhang, W. Gao, B. Huang, et al., “FK506 as adjuvant stimulated Tfh cells and enhanced humoral immune responses,” Chinese Journal of Immunology, vol. 1, pp. 7–12, 2012.
- R. Zhang, X. Yi, X. Zeng, et al., “DNA vaccines of VR10122SjGST and VR1012-SjGST-Sj32: expression and protective immunity in mice,” Journal of Hunan Normal University(Medical Science), vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 5–8, 2004.
- Y. Nishikawa, M. Hikida, M. Magari et al., “Establishment of lymphotoxin β receptor signaling-dependent cell lines with follicular dendritic cell phenotypes from mouse lymph nodes,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 177, no. 8, pp. 5204–5214, 2006.
- A. G. Zaretsky, J. J. Taylor, I. L. King, F. A. Marshall, M. Mohrs, and E. J. Pearce, “T follicular helper cells differentiate from Th2 cells in response to helminth antigens,” Journal of Experimental Medicine, vol. 206, no. 5, pp. 991–999, 2009.
- S. G. Tangye and D. M. Tarlinton, “Memory B cells: effectors of long-lived immune responses,” European Journal of Immunology, vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 2065–2075, 2009.