- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 801769, 11 pages
Optimization Studies on Compression Coated Floating-Pulsatile Drug Delivery of Bisoprolol
Department of Pharmaceutics, MAEER’s Maharashtra Institute of Pharmacy, MIT Campus, Survey No. 124, Kothrud, Pune, Maharashtra 411 038, India
Received 5 April 2013; Revised 19 August 2013; Accepted 24 September 2013
Academic Editor: Sandeep Nema
Copyright © 2013 Swati C. Jagdale et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Shargel, S. Wu-Pong, and A. Yu, Applied Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 5th edition, 2005.
- L. V. Allen, N. G. Popovich, and H. C. Ansel, Ansel's Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Drug Delivery Systems, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 9th edition, 2010.
- G. Labrecque and P. M. Bélanger, “Biological rhythms in the absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion of drugs,” Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 95–107, 1991.
- W. C. Duncan Jr., “Circadian rhythms and the pharmacology of affective illness,” Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 253–312, 1996.
- A. E. Reinberg, “Concepts of circadian chronopharmacology,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 618, pp. 102–115, 1991.
- M. H. Smolensky and G. E. D'Alonzo, “Medical chronobiology: concepts and applications,” American Review of Respiratory Disease, vol. 147, no. 6, pp. S2–S19, 1993.
- B. Lemmer, “Chronopharmacology: time, a key in drug treatment,” Annales de Biologie Clinique, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 1994.
- M. H. Smolensky and N. A. Peppas, “Chronobiology, drug delivery, and chronotherapeutics,” Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews, vol. 59, no. 9-10, pp. 828–851, 2007.
- M. H. Smolensky and G. Labrecque, “Chronoterapeutics,” Pharma News, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 10–16, 1997.
- S. Ohdo, “Chronopharmaceutics: pharmaceutics focused on biological rhythm,” Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 159–167, 2010.
- V. Ravi, Y. Reddy, A. Nageswara, D. Dhachinamoorthi, and K. Chandra, “An art of dosage form designing,” Chronotherapeutics, vol. 3, pp. 1690–1696, 2010.
- N. Saigal, S. Baboota, A. Ahuja, and J. Ali, “Site specific chronotherapeutic drug delivery systems: a patent review,” Recent Patents on Drug Delivery and Formulation, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 64–70, 2009.
- S.-Y. Lin and Y. Kawashima, “Current status and approaches to developing press-coated chronodelivery drug systems,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 157, no. 3, pp. 331–353, 2012.
- H. Dalvadi and J. K. Patel, “Chronpharmaceutics, pulsatile drug delivery system as current trend,” Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 204–230, 2010.
- A. Maroni, L. Zema, M. D. D. Curto, G. Loreti, and A. Gazzaniga, “Oral pulsatile delivery: rationale and chronopharmaceutical formulations,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 398, no. 1-2, pp. 1–8, 2010.
- G. Sharma, M. Srikanth, M. Uhumwangho, and P.K. Kumar, “Recent trends in pulsatile drug delivery systems—a review,” International Journal of Drug Delivery, vol. 2, pp. 200–212, 2010.
- V. Belgamwar, M. Gaikwad, G. Patil, and S. Surana, “Pulsatile drug delivery system,” Asian Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 2, pp. 141–145, 2008.
- P. Dinakar, C. Varalakshmi , P. Reddy, and S. Mohanlakshmi, “Formulation and evaluation of Bisoprolol fumarate fumarate transdermal patches,” Journal of Pharmacy Research, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 1955–1957, 2010.
- P. Shailesh and P. Laxmanbhai, “Floating matrix tablets of domperidone: formulation and optimization using simplex lattice design,” Thai Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 113–122, 2009.
- M. Dimitrov and N. Lambov, “Study of Verapamil hydrochloride release from compressed hydrophilic Polyox-Wsr tablets,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 189, no. 1, pp. 105–111, 1999.
- S.-J. Jin, Y.-H. Yoo, M.-S. Kim, J.-S. Kim, J.-S. Park, and S.-J. Hwang, “Paroxetine hydrochloride controlled release POLYOX matrix tablets: screening of formulation variables using Plackett-Burman screening design,” Archives of Pharmacal Research, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 399–405, 2008.
- R. L. C. Sasidhar and S. Vidyadhara, “Development of diltiazem hydrochloride controlled release matrix tablets using poly(ethyleneoxides),” Pharma Review, vol. 2007, pp. 112–123, 2007.
- B. U. Janugade, S. S. Patil, S. V. Patil, and P. D. Lade, “Formulation and evaluation of press-coated montelukast sodium tablets for pulsatile drug delivery system,” International Journal of ChemTech Research, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 690–691, 2009.
- M. Ghimire, F. J. McInnes, D. G. Watson, A. B. Mullen, and H. N. E. Stevens, “In-vitro/in-vivo correlation of pulsatile drug release from press-coated tablet formulations: a pharmacoscintigraphic study in the beagle dog,” European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 515–523, 2007.
- E. Fukui, N. Miyamura, T. Yoneyama, and M. Kobayashi, “Drug release from and mechanical properties of press-coated tablets with hydroxypropylmethylcellulose acetate succinate and plasticizers in the outer shell,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 217, no. 1-2, pp. 33–43, 2001.
- S. Sungthongjeen, P. Sriamornsak, and S. Puttipipatkhachorn, “Design and evaluation of floating multi-layer coated tablets based on gas formation,” European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 255–263, 2008.
- B. S. Dave, A. F. Amin, and M. M. Patel, “Gastroretentive drug delivery system of ranitidine hydrochloride: formulation and in vitro evaluation,” AAPS PharmSciTech, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 77–82, 2004.
- S. Shishu, N. Gupta, and N. Aggarwal, “Gastroretentive floating delivery system for 5-fluorouracil,” Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 143–149, 2007.
- P. Roy and A. Shahiwala, “Statistical optimization of ranitidine HCl floating pulsatile delivery system for chronotherapy of nocturnal acid breakthrough,” European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 37, no. 3-4, pp. 363–369, 2009.
- M. N. Gambhire, K. W. Ambade, S. D. Kurmi, V. J. Kadam, and K. R. Jadhav, “Development and in vitro evaluation of an oral floating matrix tablet formulation of diltiazem hydrochloride,” AAPS PharmSciTech, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. E166–E174, 2007.
- D. Ba and I. H. Boyaci, “Modeling and optimization i: usability of response surface methodology,” Journal of Food Engineering, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 836–845, 2007.
- S. Yamamoto, Y. Fujii, Y. Hyodo, and H. Yumiba, “New light on fractional 2m factorial designs,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 269–287, 1996.
- S. Aoki and A. Takemura, “Some characterizations of affinely full-dimensional factorial designs,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, vol. 139, no. 10, pp. 3525–3532, 2009.
- R. J. Martin, G. Jones, and J. A. Eccleston, “Some results on two-level factorial designs with dependent observations,” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 363–384, 1998.
- S. L. C. Ferreira, R. E. Bruns, E. G. P. da Silva et al., “Statistical designs and response surface techniques for the optimization of chromatographic systems,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 1158, no. 1-2, pp. 2–14, 2007.
- B. N. Singh and K. H. Kim, “Floating drug delivery systems: an approach to oral controlled drug delivery via gastric retention,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 235–259, 2000.
- S. Arora, J. Ali, A. Ahuja, R. K. Khar, and S. Baboota, “Floating drug delivery systems: a review,” AAPS PharmSciTech, vol. 6, no. 3, article 47, 2005.
- S. Baumgartner, J. Kristl, F. Vrečer, P. Vodopivec, and B. Zorko, “Optimisation of floating matrix tablets and evaluation of their gastric residence time,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 195, no. 1-2, pp. 125–135, 2000.