- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 813912, 7 pages
Simpute: An Efficient Solution for Dense Genotypic Data
1Department of Computer Science, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
2Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, Providence University, Taichung, Taiwan
3Institute of Statistics, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Received 27 November 2012; Accepted 4 January 2013
Academic Editor: Hao-Teng Chang
Copyright © 2013 Yen-Jen Lin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. I. Bell, “Single nucleotide polymorphisms and disease gene mapping,” Arthritis Research, vol. 4, supplement 3, pp. S273–S278, 2002.
- R. Sachidanandam, D. Weissman, S. C. Schmidt et al., “A map of human genome sequence variation containing 1.42 million single nucleotide polymorphisms,” Nature, vol. 409, no. 6822, pp. 928–933, 2001.
- L. Kruglyak and D. A. Nickerson, “Variation is the spice of life,” Nature Genetics, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 234–236, 2001.
- H. Y. Jung, Y. J. Park, Y. J. Kim, J. S. Park, K. Kimm, and I. Koh, “New methods for imputation of missing genotype using linkage disequilibrium and haplotype information,” Information Sciences, vol. 177, no. 3, pp. 804–814, 2007.
- J. Marchini, B. Howie, S. Myers, G. McVean, and P. Donnelly, “A new multipoint method for genome-wide association studies by imputation of genotypes,” Nature Genetics, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 906–913, 2007.
- Y. Li, C. J. Willer, J. Ding, P. Scheet, and G. R. Abecasis, “MaCH: using sequence and genotype data to estimate haplotypes and unobserved genotypes,” Genetic Epidemiology, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 816–834, 2010.
- D. Y. Lin, Y. Hu, and B. E. Huang, “Simple and efficient analysis of disease association with missing genotype data,” American Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 444–452, 2008.
- P. Scheet and M. Stephens, “A fast and flexible statistical model for large-scale population genotype data: applications to inferring missing genotypes and haplotypic phase,” American Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 78, no. 4, pp. 629–644, 2006.
- B. L. Browning and S. R. Browning, “A unified approach to genotype imputation and haplotype-phase inference for large data sets of trios and unrelated individuals,” American Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 84, no. 2, pp. 210–223, 2008.
- M. N. Chiano and D. G. Clayton, “Fine genetic mapping using haplotype analysis and the missing data problem,” Annals of Human Genetics, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 55–60, 1998.
- Z. S. Qin, T. Niu, and J. S. Liu, “Partition-ligation-expectation-maximization algorithm for haplotype inference with single-nucleotide polymorphisms,” American Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 71, no. 5, pp. 1242–1247, 2002.
- Y. V. Sun and S. L. R. Kardia, “Imputing missing genotypic data of single-nucleotide polymorphisms using neural networks,” European Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 487–495, 2008.
- B. Devlin and N. Risch, “A comparison of linkage disequilibrium measures for fine-scale mapping,” Genomics, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 311–322, 1995.
- J. K. Pritchard and M. Przeworski, “Linkage disequilibrium in humans: models and data,” American Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 1–14, 2001.
- R. C. Lewontin, “Interaction of selection and linkage. I. General considerations; heterotic models,” Genetics, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 49–67, 1964.
- K. A. Frazer, D. G. Ballinger, D. R. Cox et al., “A second generation human haplotype map of over 3.1 million SNPs,” Nature, vol. 449, no. 7164, pp. 851–861, 2007.
- M. J. Huentelman, D. W. Craig, A. D. Shieh et al., “SNiPer: improved SNP genotype calling for Affymetrix 10K GeneChip microarray data,” BMC Genomics, vol. 6, article 149, 2005.