- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 819674, 14 pages
Formulation and Mathematical Optimization of Controlled Release Calcium Alginate Micro Pellets of Frusemide
Bengal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research, Bidhannagar, Durgapur, West Bengal 713212, India
Received 3 April 2013; Revised 21 May 2013; Accepted 27 May 2013
Academic Editor: Chang-Yang Gong
Copyright © 2013 Amitava Ghosh and Prithviraj Chakraborty. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. C. Montgomery, “Response surface methodology,” in Design and Analysis of Experiments, D. C. Montgomery, Ed., John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 1996.
- B. Singh and N. Ahuja, “Response surface optimization of drug delivery system,” in Progress in Controlled and Novel Drug Delivery Systems, N. K. Jain, Ed., CBS Publishers & Distributors, New Delhi, India, 2004.
- B. Singh, M. Dahiya, V. Saharan, and N. Ahuja, “Optimizing drug delivery systems using systematic “design of experiments”—part II: retrospect and prospects,” Critical Reviews in Therapeutic Drug Carrier Systems, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 215–294, 2005.
- B. Singh, R. Kumar, and N. Ahuja, “Optimizing drug delivery systems using systematic “design of experiments”—part I: fundamental aspects,” Critical Reviews in Therapeutic Drug Carrier Systems, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 27–105, 2005.
- B. Singh, G. Mehta, R. Kumar, A. Bhatia, N. Ahuja, and O. P. Katare, “Design, development and optimization of nimesulide-loaded liposomal systems for topical application,” Current Drug Delivery, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 143–153, 2005.
- B. Singh, S. K. Chakkal, and N. Ahuja, “Formulation and optimization of controlled release mucoadhesive tablets of atenolol using response surface methodology,” AAPS PharmSciTech, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. E19–E28, 2006.
- A. Ghosh, L. K. Nath, B. K. Dey, and P. Roy, “A study on the effect of different polymers on frusemide loaded calcium alginate micro pellets prepared by ionotropic gelation technique,” Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 329–336, 2007.
- N. A. Peppas, “Analysis of Fickian and non-Fickian drug release from polymers,” Pharmaceutica Acta Helvetiae, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 110–111, 1985.
- Indian Pharmacopoeia, vol. 1-2, The Controller of Publication, New Delhi, India, 1996.
- L. Lachman, H. A. Lieberman, and J. K. Kanig, The Theory and Practice of Industrial Pharmacy, Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 3rd edition, 1991.
- R. Bodmeier and O. Paeratakul, “Spherical agglomerates of water-insoluble drugs,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 78, no. 11, pp. 964–967, 1989.
- K. Abu-Izza, L. Garcia-Contreras, and D. R. Lu, “Preparation and evaluation of zidovudine-loaded sustained-release microspheres. 2. Optimization of multiple response variables,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 85, no. 6, pp. 572–576, 1996.
- British Pharmacopoeia, vol. 1, British Pharmacopoeia Commission, London, UK, 2003.
- P. D. Shethi, HPLC—Quantitative Analysis of Pharmaceutical Formulations, vol. 2, 2007.
- W. L. Lipschitz, Z. Hadidian, and A. Kerpcser, “Bioassay of diuretics,” Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, vol. 79, pp. 97–110, 1943.
- H. G. Vogel, W. H. Vogel, B. A. Schölkens, J. Sandow, G. Müller, and W. F. Vogel, Drug Discovery and Evaluations, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2nd edition, 2002.
- P. Costa and J. M. S. Lobo, “Modeling and comparison of dissolution profiles,” European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 123–133, 2001.