- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 821428, 5 pages
Normative Findings for Periocular Anthropometric Measurements among Chinese Young Adults in Hong Kong
1Discipline of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
2Eunice Kennedy Shriver Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Waltham, MA 02452, USA
3Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Received 19 April 2013; Revised 24 June 2013; Accepted 2 July 2013
Academic Editor: Michael P. Fautsch
Copyright © 2013 Yasas S. N. Jayaratne et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man, OMIM, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/omim, July 2013.
- K. Strömland and M. Dolores Pinazo-Durán, “Ophthalmic involvement in the fetal alcohol syndrome: clinical and animal model studies,” Alcohol and Alcoholism, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 2–8, 2002.
- M. M. Cohen Jr., A. Richieri-Costa, M. L. Guion-Almeida, and D. Saavedra, “Hypertelorism: interorbital growth, measurements, and pathogenetic considerations,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 387–395, 1995.
- H. B. Pryor, “Objective measurement of interpupillary distance,” Pediatrics, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 973–977, 1969.
- K. Aldridge, S. A. Boyadjiev, G. T. Capone, V. B. DeLeon, and J. T. Richtsmeier, “Precision and error of three-dimensional phenotypic measures acquired from 3dMD photogrammetric images,” American Journal of Medical Genetics, vol. 138, no. 3, pp. 247–253, 2005.
- J. Y. Wong, A. K. Oh, E. Ohta et al., “Validity and reliability of craniofacial anthropometric measurement of 3D digital photogrammetric images,” Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 232–239, 2008.
- C. R. Blake, W. W. Lai, and D. P. Edward, “Racial and ethnic differences in ocular anatomy,” International Ophthalmology Clinics, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 9–25, 2003.
- L. G. Farkas, R. C. K. Ngim, and S. T. Lee, “Craniofacial norms in 6-, 12-and 18-year-old Chinese subjects,” in Anthropometry of the Head and Face, L. G. Farkas, Ed., pp. 337–346, Raven Press, New York, NY, USA, 1994.
- X.-S. Wu, X.-C. Jian, Z.-J. He, X. Gao, Y. Li, and X. Zhong, “Investigation of anthropometric measurements of anatomic structures of orbital soft tissue in 102 young Han Chinese adults,” Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 339–343, 2010.
- J. C. Kolar and E. M. Salter, Craniofacial Anthropometry: Practical Measurement of the Head and Face For Clinical, Surgical, and Research Use, CC Thomas, 1997.
- C. K. Deutsch and R. B. D'Agostino, “Statistical Appendix,” in Anthropometry of the Head and Face, L. G. Farkas, Ed., pp. 353–359, Raven Press, New York, NY, USA, 1994.
- Y. S. Jayaratne, C. K. Deutsch, C. P. McGrath, and R. A. Zwahlen, “Are neoclassical canons valid for southern Chinese faces?” PLoS One, vol. 7, no. 12, Article ID e52593, 2012.
- S. M. Weinberg, S. Naidoo, D. P. Govier, R. A. Martin, A. A. Kane, and M. L. Marazita, “Anthropometric precision and accuracy of digital three-dimensional photogrammetry: comparing the genex and 3dMD imaging systems with one another and with direct anthropometry,” Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 477–483, 2006.
- L. G. Farkas, Anthropometry of the Head and Face, Raven Press, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1994.
- R. J. Edler, “Background considerations to facial aesthetics,” Journal of orthodontics, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 159–168, 2001.
- C. Evereklioglu, S. Doganay, H. Er et al., “Craniofacial anthropometry in a Turkish population,” Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 208–218, 2002.
- V. P. Gupta, P. K. Sodhi, and R. M. Pandey, “Normal values for inner intercanthal, interpupillary, and outer intercanthal distances in the Indian population,” International Journal of Clinical Practice, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 25–29, 2003.
- V. F. Ferrario, C. Sforza, A. Colombo, J. H. Schmitz, and G. Serrao, “Morphometry of the orbital region: a soft-tissue study from adolescence to mid-adulthood,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 108, no. 2, pp. 285–292, 2001.
- L. G. Farkas, T. Hreczko, and M. Katic, “Craniofacial norms in North American Caucasians from birth (one year) to young adulthood,” in Anthropometry of the Head and Face, L. G. Farkas, Ed., pp. 241–335, Raven Press, New York, NY, USA, 1994.
- L. G. Farkas, M. J. Katic, and C. R. Forrest, “Comparison of craniofacial measurements of young adult African-American and North American white males and females,” Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 692–698, 2007.
- S. Xu, X. Yin, S. Li et al., “Genomic dissection of population substructure of Han Chinese and its implication in association studies,” American Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 85, no. 6, pp. 762–774, 2009.
- B. Wen, L. Hui, D. Lu et al., “Genetic evidence supports demic diffusion of Han culture,” Nature, vol. 431, no. 7006, pp. 302–305, 2004.
- C. Tian, R. Kosoy, A. Lee et al., “Analysis of east asia genetic substructure using genome-wide SNP arrays,” PLoS ONE, vol. 3, no. 12, Article ID e3862, 2008.