- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 826295, 6 pages
Analgesic and Anti-Inflammatory Activities of the Methanolic Stem Bark Extract of Nyctanthes arbor-tristis Linn.
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dibrugarh University, Assam 786004, India
Received 23 April 2013; Revised 6 July 2013; Accepted 9 July 2013
Academic Editor: Robert A. Vierkant
Copyright © 2013 Bibhuti Bhusan Kakoti et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. M. Anil, “Ethnomedicine: a source of complementary therapeutics,” Research Signpost, vol. 37/661, no. 2, pp. 267–293, 2010.
- R. Sobota, M. Szwed, A. Kasza, M. Bugno, and T. Kordula, “Parthenolide inhibits activation of signal transducers and activators of transcription (STATs) induced by cytokines of the IL-6 family,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 267, no. 1, pp. 329–333, 2000.
- R. N. Mitchell and R. S. Cotran, in Robinsons Basic Pathology, pp. 33–42, Harcourt Pvt., New Delhi, India, 7th edition, 2000.
- J. A. DiMasi, R. W. Hansen, and H. G. Grabowski, “The price of innovation: new estimates of drug development costs,” Journal of Health Economics, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 151–185, 2003.
- A. M. Vittalrao, T. Shanbhag, M. Kumari, K. L. Bairy, and S. Shenoy, “Evaluation of antiinflammatory and analgesic activities of alcoholic extract of Kaempferia galanga in rats,” Indian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 13–24, 2011.
- N. K. Kumara, “Identification of strategies to improve research on medicinal plants used in Sri Lanka,” in WHO Symposium, University of Ruhuna, 2001.
- I. Siddique, M. Anis, and A. A. Jahan, “Rapid multiplication of Nyctanthes arbortristis through In-vitro auxillary shoot proliferation,” World Journal of Agricultural Sciences, vol. 2, pp. 188–192, 2006.
- G. R. Rout, A. Mahato, and S. K. Senapati, “In vitro clonal propagation of Nyctanthes arbortristis Linn.—a medicinal tree,” Horticultural Science, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 84–89, 2007.
- M. Vats, N. Sharma, and S. Sardana, “Antimicrobial activity of stem bark extracts of Nyctanthes arbortristis Linn. (Oleaceae),” International Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemical Research, vol. 1, pp. 12–14, 2009.
- V. Suresh, S. Jaikumar, and G. Arunachalam, “Anti diabetic activity of ethanol extract of stem bark of Nyctanthes arbor-tristis Linn,” Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 311–317, 2010.
- Anonymous, Wealth of India: A Dictionary of Indian Raw Materials and Industrial Products, vol. 7, National institute of Science Communication, CSIR, New Delhi, India, 1997.
- M. Choudhary and A. Raghuwansi, “Nyctanthes arbor-tristis Linn—a immunostimulant,” in National Conference on “Recent Advances in Herbal Drug Technology”, Lakshmi Narain College of Pharmacy, 2010.
- D. Sasmal, S. Das, and S. P. Basu, “Phytoconstituents and therapeutic potential of Nyctanthes arbor-tristis Linn,” Pharmacognosy Reviews, vol. 1, pp. 344–349, 2007.
- J. B. Lal, “Constitution of the colouring matter of Nyctanthes arbortristis identity of Nyctanthin with α-crocetin,” Proceedings of the National Institute of Sciences, vol. 2, pp. 57–61, 1936.
- N. A. Khatune, M. E. Islam, M. A. A. Rahman, M. A. Mosaddik, and M. E. Haque, “In-vivo cytotoxic evaluation of new benzofuran derivative isolated from Nyctanthes arbortristis L. on Ehrlich Ascite Carcinoma cells (EAC) in mice,” Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 3, pp. 169–173, 2003.
- K. R. Kritkar and B. D. Basu, Indian Medicinal Plant, vol. 2, LM Basu, Allahabad, India, 1993.
- P. Tuntiwachwuttiku, K. Rayanil, and W. C. Taylor, “Chemical constituents from the flowers of Nyctanthes arbortristis,” Science Asia, vol. 29, pp. 21–30, 2003.
- A. H. Md. Mahabub Nawaz, M. Hossain, M. Karim, M. Khan, R. Jahan, and M. Rahmatullah, “An ethnobotanical survey of Jessore district in Khulna division, Bangladesh,” American-Eurasian Journal of Sustainable Agriculture, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 238–243, 2009.
- R. Nair, T. Kalariya, and S. Chanda, “Antibacterial activity of some selected Indian Medicinal Flora,” Turkish Journal of Biology, vol. 29, pp. 41–47, 2005.
- R. T. Narendhirakannan and T. Smeera, “In-vitro antioxidant studies on ethanolic extracts of leaves and stems of Nyctanthes arbortristis L. (Night-flowering jasmine),” International Journal of Biological and Medical Research, vol. 1, pp. 188–192, 2010.
- N. B. Eddy and D. J. Leimbach, “Synthetic analgesics: II Dithienyl butenyl and Dithienyl butylamines,” Screening Methods in Pharmacology, pp. 105–109, 1965.
- F. E. D'Amour and D. L. Smith, “A method for determining loss of pain sensation,” Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, vol. 72, pp. 74–79, 1941.
- C. D. S. Luiz, C. Mirtes, L. J. Sigrid, M. Mizuekirizawa, G. Cecilia, and G. Jrotin, “Screening in mice of some medicinal plants used for analgesic purposes in the state of SãO Paulo,” Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 24, no. 2-3, pp. 205–211, 1988.
- C. A. Winter, E. A. Risley, and G. W. Nuss, “Carrageenin-induced edema in hind paw of the rat as an assay for antiiflammatory drugs,” Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology & Medicine, vol. 111, pp. 544–547, 1962.
- M. J. Alcaraz, M. J. Jimenez, S. Valverde, J. Sanz, R. M. Rabanal, and A. Villar, “Anti-inflammatory compounds from Sideritis javalambrensis N-hexane extract,” Journal of Natural Products, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 1088–1091, 1989.
- R. S. Bhadauria, S. Bhargava, and S. S. Pancholi, “Evaluation of analgesic and anti-inflammatory activity of Nyctanthes arbor-tristis L. leaves,” International Journal of Pharma World Research, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 1–11, 2011.