- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 835859, 12 pages
Modeling of the Renal Kinetics of the AT1 Receptor Specific PET Radioligand [11C]KR31173
1Russell H. Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
2Department of Molecular and Comparative Pathobiology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Received 14 April 2013; Accepted 17 July 2013
Academic Editor: Tapas Das
Copyright © 2013 Nedim C. M. Gulaldi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. B. Mathews, S.-E. Yoo, S.-H. Lee et al., “A novel radioligand for imaging the AT1 angiotensin receptor with PET,” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 571–574, 2004.
- J. Xia, E. Seckin, Y. Xiang et al., “Positron-emission tomography imaging of the angiotensin II subtype 1 receptor in swine renal artery stenosis,” Hypertension, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 466–473, 2008.
- Z. J. Wang, Z. Szabo, P. Lei, J. Varga, and K. J. R. Liu, “A factor-image framework to quantification of brain receptor dynamic PET studies,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 53, no. 9, pp. 3473–3487, 2005.
- J. J. Frost, K. H. Douglass, H. S. Mayberg et al., “Multicompartmental analysis of [11C]-carfentanil binding to opiate receptors in humans measured by positron emission tomography,” Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 398–409, 1989.
- I. H. Derweesh and A. C. Novick, “Mechanisms of renal ischaemic injury and their clinical impact,” British Journal of Urology, vol. 95, no. 7, pp. 948–950, 2005.
- A. Loverre, C. Capobianco, G. Stallone et al., “Ischemia-reperfusion injury-induced abnormal dendritic cell traffic in the transplanted kidney with delayed graft function,” Kidney International, vol. 72, no. 8, pp. 994–1003, 2007.
- L. Rosivall, “Intrarenal renin-angiotensin system,” Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, vol. 302, no. 2, pp. 185–192, 2009.
- T. Higuchi, K. Fukushima, J. Xia et al., “Radionuclide imaging of angiotensin II type 1 receptor upregulation after myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 51, no. 12, pp. 1956–1961, 2010.
- J. Hilton, F. Yokoi, R. F. Dannals, H. T. Ravert, Z. Szabo, and D. F. Wong, “Column-switching HPLC for the analysis of plasma in PET imaging studies,” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 627–630, 2000.
- D. Marquardt, “An algorithm for least-squares estimation of nonlinear parameters,” Journal of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, vol. 11, pp. 431–441, 1963.
- K. Levenberg, “A method for the solution of certain problems in least squares,” Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2, pp. 164–168, 1944.
- D. G. Sutton and V. Kempi, “Constrained least-squares restoration and renogram deconvolution: A comparison by simulation,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 37, no. 1, article 004, pp. 53–67, 1992.
- S. P. Bagby, L. S. Lebard, Z. Luo et al., “ANG II AT1 and AT2 receptors in developing kidney of normal microswine,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 283, no. 4, pp. F755–F764, 2002.
- R. E. Gibson, H. T. Beauchamp, C. Fioravanti, N. Brenner, and H. D. Burns, “Receptor binding radiotracers for the angiotensin II receptor: Radioiodinated [Sar1, Ile8]angiotensin II,” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 593–600, 1994.
- J. De Biasi, “Four open mammillary and catenary compartment models for pharmacokinetics studies,” Journal of Biomedical Engineering, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 467–470, 1989.
- S. P. Bagby, L. S. LeBard, Z. Luo, R. C. Speth, B. E. Ogden, and C. L. Corless, “Angiotensin II type 1 and 2 receptors in conduit arteries of normal developing microswine,” Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 1113–1121, 2002.
- Z. Szabo, R. C. Speth, P. R. Brown et al., “Use of positron emission tomography to study AT1 receptor regulation in vivo,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 12, no. 7, pp. 1350–1358, 2001.
- T. G. Zober, W. B. Mathews, E. Seckin et al., “PET imaging of the AT1 receptor with [11C]KR31173,” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 5–13, 2006.
- M. A. Green, C. J. Mathias, L. R. Willis et al., “Assessment of Cu-ETS as a PET radiopharmaceutical for evaluation of regional renal perfusion,” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 247–255, 2007.
- Z. Szabo, L. Nyitrai, and C. Sondhaus, “Effects of statistical noise and digital filtering on the parameters calculated from the impulse response function,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 148–154, 1987.
- S. E. Kim, U. Scheffel, Z. Szabo et al., “In vivo labeling of angiotensin II receptors with a carbon-11-labeled selective nonpeptide antagonist,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 307–311, 1996.
- T. G. Zober, M. E. Fabucci, W. Zheng et al., “Chronic ACE inhibitor treatment increases angiotensin type 1 receptor binding in vivo in the dog kidney,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 1109–1116, 2008.
- A. J. Allred, M. C. Chappell, C. M. Ferrario, and D. I. Diz, “Differential actions of renal ischemic injury on the intrarenal angiotensin system,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 279, no. 4, pp. F636–F645, 2000.
- J. Kontogiannis and K. D. Burns, “Role of AT1 angiotensin II receptors in renal ischemic injury,” American Journal of Physiology - Renal Physiology, vol. 274, no. 1, pp. F79–F90, 1998.