- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 836429, 9 pages
High Expression and Purification of Amino-Terminal Fragment of Human Amyloid Precursor Protein in Pichia pastoris and Partial Analysis of Its Properties
School of Life Science, Southwest University, Chongqing 400715, China
Received 29 April 2013; Revised 5 July 2013; Accepted 4 September 2013
Academic Editor: Chiu-Chung Young
Copyright © 2013 Wei Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Kang, H.-G. Lemaire, A. Unterbeck, et al., “The precursor of Alzheimer's disease amyloid A4 protein resembles a cell-surface receptor,” Nature, vol. 325, no. 6106, pp. 733–736, 1987.
- I. M. Medana and M. M. Esiri, “Axonal damage: a key predictor of outcome in human CNS diseases,” Brain, vol. 126, no. 3, pp. 515–530, 2003.
- L. W. Chiang, J. M. Grenier, L. Ettwiller et al., “An orchestrated gene expression component of neuronal programmed cell death revealed by cDNA array analysis,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 98, no. 5, pp. 2814–2819, 2001.
- N. Plachta, C. Annaheim, S. Bissière et al., “Identification of a lectin causing the degeneration of neuronal processes using engineered embryonic stem cells,” Nature Neuroscience, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 712–719, 2007.
- J. Hardy and D. J. Selkoe, “The amyloid hypothesis of Alzheimer's disease: progress and problems on the road to therapeutics,” Science, vol. 297, no. 5580, pp. 353–356, 2002.
- C. Haass and D. J. Selkoe, “Soluble protein oligomers in neurodegeneration: lessons from the Alzheimer's amyloid β-peptide,” Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 101–112, 2007.
- T. Müller, H. E. Meyer, R. Egensperger, and K. Marcus, “The amyloid precursor protein intracellular domain (AICD) as modulator of gene expression, apoptosis, and cytoskeletal dynamics-Relevance for Alzheimer's disease,” Progress in Neurobiology, vol. 85, no. 4, pp. 393–406, 2008.
- D. van Gool, B. de Strooper, F. van Leuven, and R. Dom, “Amyloid precursor protein accumulation in Lewy body dementia and Alzheimer's disease,” Dementia, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 63–68, 1995.
- M. R. Palmert, M. B. Podlisny, D. S. Witker et al., “Antisera to an amino-terminal peptide detect the amyloid protein precursor of Alzheimer's disease and recognize senile plaques,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 156, no. 1, pp. 432–437, 1988.
- A. Nikolaev, T. McLaughlin, D. D. M. O'Leary, and M. Tessier-Lavigne, “APP binds DR6 to trigger axon pruning and neuron death via distinct caspases,” Nature, vol. 457, no. 7232, pp. 981–989, 2009.
- A. Weidemann, G. Konig, D. Bunke et al., “Identification, biogenesis, and localization of precursors of Alzheimer's disease A4 amyloid protein,” Cell, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 115–126, 1989.
- J.-M. Roch, I. P. Shapiro, M. P. Sundsmo et al., “Bacterial expression, purification, and functional mapping of the amyloid β/A4 protein precursor,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 267, no. 4, pp. 2214–2221, 1992.
- R. Bhasin, W. E. van Nostrand, T. Saitoh et al., “Expression of active secreted forms of human amyloid β-protein precursor by recombinant baculovirus-infected insect cells,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 88, no. 22, pp. 10307–10311, 1991.
- J. Knops, K. Johnson-Wood, D. B. Schenk, S. Sinha, I. Lieberburg, and L. McConlogue, “Isolation of baculovirus-derived secreted and full-length β-amyloid precursor protein,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 266, no. 11, pp. 7285–7290, 1991.
- H. Zhang, H. Komano, R. S. Fuller, S. E. Gandy, and D. E. Frail, “Proteolytic processing and secretion of human β-amyloid precursor protein in yeast. Evidence for a yeast secretase activity,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 269, no. 45, pp. 27799–27802, 1994.
- I. Ohsawa, Y. Hirose, M. Ishiguro, Y. Imai, S. Ishiura, and S. Kohsaka, “Expression, purification, and neurotrophic activity of amyloid precursor protein-secreted forms produced by yeast,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 213, no. 1, pp. 52–58, 1995.
- A. Henry, C. L. Masters, K. Beyreuther, and R. Cappai, “Expression of human amyloid precursor protein ectodomains in Pichia pastoris: analysis of culture conditions, purification, and characterization,” Protein Expression and Purification, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 283–291, 1997.
- W. E. van Nostrand, A. H. Schmaier, R. S. Siegel, S. L. Wagner, and W. C. Raschke, “Enhanced plasmin inhibition by a reactive center lysine mutant of the Kunitz-type protease inhibitor domain of the amyloid β-protein precursor,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 270, no. 39, pp. 22827–22830, 1995.
- S. L. Wagner, R. S. Siegel, T. S. Vedvick, W. C. Raschke, and W. E. van Nostrand, “High level expression, purification, and characterization of the Kunitz-type protease inhibitor domain of protease nexin-2/amyloid β-protein precursor,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 186, no. 2, pp. 1138–1145, 1992.
- K. de Schutter, Y.-C. Lin, P. Tiels et al., “Genome sequence of the recombinant protein production host Pichia pastoris,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 561–566, 2009.