- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 837120, 7 pages
Functional Status in Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia: A Systematic Review
1Neurology Department, University of São Paulo School of Medicine, Brazil
2Gerontology Department, School of Arts, Sciences and Humanities of the University of São Paulo, Avenida Dr. Eneas de Carvalho Aguiar 255, 05403-900 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Received 14 April 2013; Accepted 20 September 2013
Academic Editor: Cristiano Capurso
Copyright © 2013 Thais Bento Lima-Silva et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- O. Piguet, M. Hornberger, B. P. Shelley, C. M. Kipps, and J. R. Hodges, “Sensitivity of current criteria for the diagnosis of behavioral variant frontotemporal dementia,” Neurology, vol. 72, no. 8, pp. 732–737, 2009.
- K. A. Josephs Jr., J. L. Whitwell, S. D. Weigand et al., “Predicting functional decline in behavioural variant frontotemporal dementia,” Brain, vol. 134, no. 2, pp. 432–448, 2011.
- I. R. A. MacKenzie, M. Neumann, E. H. Bigio et al., “Nomenclature and nosology for neuropathologic subtypes of frontotemporal lobar degeneration: an update,” Acta Neuropathologica, vol. 119, no. 1, pp. 1–4, 2010.
- I. R. A. Mackenzie, M. Neumann, E. H. Bigio et al., “Nomenclature for neuropathologic subtypes of frontotemporal lobar degeneration: consensus recommendations,” Acta Neuropathologica, vol. 117, no. 1, pp. 15–18, 2009.
- M. F. Mendez, J. S. Shapira, A. McMurtray, E. Licht, and B. L. Miller, “Accuracy of the clinical evaluation for frontotemporal dementia,” Archives of Neurology, vol. 64, no. 6, pp. 830–835, 2007.
- K. Rascovsky, J. R. Hodges, D. Knopman et al., “Sensitivity of revised diagnostic criteria for the behavioural variant of frontotemporal dementia,” Brain, vol. 134, no. 9, pp. 2456–2477, 2011.
- A. Piquard, C. Derouesné, L. Lacomblez, and E. Siéroff, “Planning and activities of daily living in Alzheimer's disease and frontotemporal dementia,” Psychol Neuropsychiatr Vieil, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 147–156, 2004.
- J. Razani, R. Casas, J. T. Wong, P. Lu, C. Alessi, and K. Josephson, “Relationship between executive functioning and activities of daily living in patients with relatively mild dementia,” Applied Neuropsychology, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 208–214, 2007.
- E. Mioshi, C. M. Kipps, K. Dawson, J. Mitchell, A. Graham, and J. R. Hodges, “Activities of daily living in frontotemporal dementia and Alzheimer disease,” Neurology, vol. 68, no. 24, pp. 2077–2084, 2007.
- E. Mioshi, S. Hsieh, S. Savage, M. Hornberger, and J. R. Hodges, “Clinical staging and disease progression in frontotemporal dementia,” Neurology, vol. 74, no. 18, pp. 1591–1597, 2010.
- T. A. Marra, L. S. M. Pereira, C. D. C. M. Faria, D. S. Pereira, M. A. A. Martins, and M. G. A. Tirado, “Avaliação das atividades de vida diária de idosos com diferentes níveis de demência (Evaluation of the activities of daily living of elderly people with diferente levels of dementia),” Revista Brasileira de Fisioterapia, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 267–273, 2007.
- A. H. Wicklund, N. Johnson, A. Rademaker, B. B. Weitner, and S. Weintraub, “Profiles of decline in activities of daily living in non-Alzheimer dementia,” Alzheimer Disease and Associated Disorders, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 8–13, 2007.
- I. A. M. Carvalho, V. S. Bahia, and L. L. Mansur, “Functional communication ability in frontotemporal lobar degeneration and Alzheimer's disease,” Dementia e Neuropsychologia, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 31–36, 2008.
- V. S. Bahia, M. N. Maia-Silva, R. Viana, et al., “Behavioral and activities of daily living inventories in the diagnosis of frontotemporal lobar degeneration and Alzheimer's disease,” Dementia e Neuropsychologia, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 108–113, 2008.
- E. Mioshi and J. R. Hodges, “Rate of change of functional abilities in frontotemporal dementia,” Dementia and Geriatric Cognitive Disorders, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 419–426, 2009.
- C. M. Kipps, E. Mioshi, and J. R. Hodges, “Emotion, social functioning and activities of daily living in frontotemporal dementia,” Neurocase, vol. 15, pp. 182–189, 2009.
- J. Razani, B. Kakos, C. Orieta-Barbalace et al., “Predicting caregiver burden from daily functional abilities of patients with mild dementia,” Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, vol. 55, no. 9, pp. 1415–1420, 2007.
- L. A. Bressan, F. A. C. Vale, and J. G. Speciali, “The daily life of patients with dementia, a comparative study between the information provided by the care giver and direct patient assessment,” Dementia e Neuropsychologia, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 288–295, 2007.
- E. Mioshi, C. M. Kipps, and J. R. Hodges, “Activities of daily living in behavioral variant frontotemporal dementia: differences in caregiver and performance-based assessments,” Alzheimer Disease and Associated Disorders, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 70–76, 2009.
- M. E. Converso and L. Iartelli, “Caracterização e análise do estado mental e funcional de idosos institucionalizados em instituições públicas de longa permanência,” Jornal Brasileiro de Psiquiatria, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 448–454, 2007.
- F. S. Pereira, M. S. Yassuda, A. M. Oliveira, and O. V. Forlenza, “Executive dysfunction correlates with impaired functional status in older adults with varying degrees of cognitive impairment,” International Psychogeriatrics, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 1104–1115, 2008.
- F. S. Pereira, A. M. Oliveira, B. S. Diniz, O. V. Forlenza, and M. S. Yassuda, “Cross-cultural adaptation, reliability and validity of the DAFS-R in a sample of Brazilian older adults,” Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 335–343, 2010.
- F. S. Pereira, M. S. Yassuda, A. M. Oliveira et al., “Profiles of functional deficits in mild cognitive impairment and dementia: benefits from objective measurement,” Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 297–305, 2010.
- E. C. Costa, A. Y. K. Nakatani, and M. M. Bachioni, “Capacidade de idosos da comunidade para desenvolver atividades de vida diária e atividades instrumentais de vida diária,” Acta Paulista de Enfermagem, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 43–48, 2006.