- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 837536, 6 pages
Lower Lid Reconstruction Utilizing Auricular Conchal Chondral-Perichondral Tissue in Patients with Neoplastic Lesions
1Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Azienda Ospedaliero-Universitaria “Santa Maria della Misericordia,” Piazzale S. Maria della Misericordia 15, 33100 Udine, Italy
2Department of Histopathology, Azienda Ospedaliero-Universitaria “Santa Maria della Misericordia,” Piazzale S. Maria della Misericordia 15, 33100 Udine, Italy
3Department of Ophthalmology, Azienda Ospedaliero-Universitaria “Santa Maria della Misericordia,” Piazzale S. Maria della Misericordia 15, 33100 Udine, Italy
Received 8 April 2013; Accepted 8 June 2013
Academic Editor: Tadamichi Shimizu
Copyright © 2013 Pier Camillo Parodi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. H. Monks, “The restoration of a lower eyelid by a new method,” Boston Medical and Surgical Journal, vol. 139, pp. 385–387, 1898.
- K. Matsuo, T. Hirose, N. Takahashi, M. Iwasawa, and R. Satoh, “Lower eyelid reconstruction with a conchal cartilage graft,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 80, no. 4, pp. 547–552, 1987.
- K. Matsuo, Y. Sakaguchi, M. Kiyono, Y. Hataya, and T. Hirose, “Lid margin reconstruction with an orbicularis oculi musculocutaneous advancement flap and a conchal cartilage graft,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 87, no. 1, pp. 142–145, 1991.
- T. Gibson and R. M. Kenedi, “Biomechanics in plastic surgery,” Surgical forum, vol. 14, pp. 478–480, 1963.
- J. C. Mustardé, Repair and Reconstruction in the Orbital Region, Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh, UK, 2nd edition, 1980.
- N. Scuderi, D. Ribuffo, and S. Chiummariello, “Total and subtotal upper eyelid reconstruction with the nasal chondromucosal flap: a 10-year experience,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 115, no. 5, pp. 1259–1265, 2005.
- H. J. Glatt, “Tarsoconjunctival flap supplementation: an approach to the reconstruction of large lower eyelid defects,” Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 90–97, 1997.
- M. Hatoko, M. Kuwahara, A. Shiba et al., “Reconstruction of full-thickness lower eyelid defects using a blepharoplasty technique with a hard palate mucosal graft,” Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 688–692, 1999.
- W. L. Hughes, “A new method for rebuilding a lower lid,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 17, pp. 1008–1017, 1937.
- I. Koshima, K. Urushibara, H. Okuyama, and T. Moriguchi, “Ear helix flap for reconstruction of total loss of the upper eyelid,” British Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 314–316, 1999.
- E. Porfiris, P. Georgiou, G. Harkiolakis, C. V. Popa, P. Sandris, and N. Sgouras, “Island mucochrondrocutaneous flap for reconstruction of total loss of the lower eyelid,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 104–107, 1997.
- P. C. Parodi, G. Faini, F. De Biasio, E. Rampino Cordaro, G. F. Guarneri, and F. Miani, “Full-thickness lower eyelid reconstruction with a conchal chondro-perichondral graft and local coverage with Mio-cutaneous flaps-our divisional experience,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 66, no. 9, pp. 1826–1832, 2008.
- T. Shima, M. Ueda, T. Kaneda, and T. Hoshino, “Mucosal tissue model formed in vitro with cultured cells-method for construction of the model and analysis of the mechanisms of epithelial morphogenesis,” Journal of the Japan Stomatological Society, vol. 37, pp. 886–903, 1988.
- S. Liu, J. Li, D. T. H. Tan, and R. W. Beuerman, “The eyelid margin: a transitional zone for 2 epithelial phenotypes,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 125, no. 4, pp. 523–532, 2007.