- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 845264, 5 pages
Optimization of Dairy Sludge for Growth of Rhizobium Cells
Department of Microbiology, Dolphin (PG) Institute of Biomedical and Natural Sciences, Manduwala, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
Received 30 April 2013; Revised 2 August 2013; Accepted 4 August 2013
Academic Editor: Raf Dewil
Copyright © 2013 Ashok Kumar Singh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. A. Thompson, “Australian quality control and standards,” in Report of the Expert Consultation on Legume Inoculant Production and Quality Control, J. A. Thompson, Ed., pp. 107–111, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome, Italy, 1991.
- J. P. Verma, J. Yadav, and K. N. Tiwari, “Application of Rhizobium sp. BHURC01 and plant growth promoting Rhizobactria on nodulation, plant biomass and yields of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.),” International Journal of Agricultural Research, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 148–156, 2010.
- A. I. Fahmi, H. H. Nagaty, R. A. Eissa, and M. M. Hassan, “Effects of salt stress on some nitrogen fixation parameters in Faba Bean,” Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 385–391, 2011.
- J. Yadav, J. P. Verma, V. K. Rajak, and K. N. Tiwari, “Selection of effective indigenous Rhizobium strain for seed inoculationof chickpea (Cicer aritenium L.) production,” Journal of Bacteriology, vol. 1, pp. 24–30, 2011.
- F. Ben Rebah, R. D. Tyagi, and D. Prévost, “Wastewater sludge as a substrate for growth and carrier for rhizobia: the effect of storage conditions on survival of SinoRhizobium meliloti,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 83, no. 2, pp. 145–151, 2002.
- S. L. Gulati, “New nonsynthetic medium for Rhizobium culture production from wastes,” Biotech and Bioengine, vol. 21, pp. 1507–1515, 1979.
- S. V. Chanda, A. K. Joshi, P. P. Vishnav, and Y. D. Singh, “Growth analysis using classical and curve-fitting methods in relation to productivity in pearl millet (Pennisetum americanum L.),” Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, vol. 159, pp. 312–319, 1987.
- J. L. Bioardi and R. J. Ertola, “Rhizobium biomass production in batch and continuous culture with a malt-sprouts medium,” Journal of Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 163–172, 1985.
- F. R. Malik, S. Ahmed, and M. Y. Rizki, “Utilization of lignocellulosic waste for the preparation of nitrogenous Biofertilizer,” Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, vol. 10, pp. 1217–1220, 2001.
- F. Ben Rebah, D. Prévost, A. Yezza, and R. D. Tyagi, “Agro-industrial waste materials and wastewater sludge for rhizobial inoculant production: a review,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 98, no. 18, pp. 3535–3546, 2007.
- S. K. Jain, D. V. Pathak, and H. R. Sharma, “Alternate carbon substrate for mass production of Rhizobium inoculants,” Haryana Agricultural University Journal of Research, vol. 30, pp. 1–6, 2000.
- A. K. Singh, G. Singh, R. P. Bhatt, S. Pant, A. Naglot, and L. Singh, “Sugars waste, an alternative growth and complete medium for fast growing Rhizobium cells,” African Journal of Microbiology Research, vol. 5, no. 20, pp. 3289–3295, 2011.
- A. K. Singh, G. Singh, R. P. Bhatt, and S. Pant, “Optimization and comparative study of the sugar waste for the growth of Rhizobium cells along with traditional laboratory media,” Research Journal of Microbiology, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 715–723, 2011.
- A. A. Hassen, J . Xu, and J . Yang, “Growth conditions of associative nitrogen-fixing bacteria Enterobacter cloace in rice plants,” Agricultural Journal, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 672–675, 2007.
- K. Annapurna, G. Mala, and K. S. Jauhri, “Jaggery solution—acomplete nutrient medium for multiplication of Rhizobium,” Current Science, vol. 57, pp. 1188–1189, 1988.
- T. Daniel Fernando Rojas, R. Maria Fernand Garri do, and B. Ruth Rebeca Bonilla, “Standarization of a complex culture media for multiplication of C 50 Rhizobium sp. Strain,” Revista Corpoica—Ciencia Y Technologia Agropecuria, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 70–80, 2009.
- M. J. Estrella, F. L. Pieckenstain, M. Marina, L. E. Díaz, and O. A. Ruiz, “Cheese whey: an alternative growth and protective medium for Rhizobium loti cells,” Journal of Industrial Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 122–126, 2004.
- Ç. Küçük, M. Kivanç, and E. Kinaci, “Characterization of Rhizobium Sp. isolated from bean,” Turkish Journal of Biology, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 127–132, 2006.
- F. Ben Rebah, R. D. Tyagi, and D. Prévost, “Production of S. meliloti using wastewater sludge as a raw material: effect of nutrient addition and pH control,” Environmental Technology, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 623–629, 2002.
- J. K. Mensah, F. Esumeh, M. Iyamu, and C. Omoifoc, “Effects of different salt concentrations and pH on growth of Rhizobium sp. And a cowpea-rhizobium association,” American-Eurasian Journal of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences, vol. 3, pp. 198–202, 2006.
- S. F. Ali, L. S. Rawat, M. K. Meghvansi, and S. K. Mahna, “Selection of stress—tolerant rhizobial isolates of wild legumes growing in dry regions of rajasthan, India,” ARPN Journal of Agricultural and Biological Science, vol. 4, pp. 13–18, 2009.
- C. S. Rodrigues, M. Laranjo, and S. Oliverira, “Effect of heat and pH stress in the growth of chick pea mesorhizobia,” Current Microbiology, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 2006.