- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 846725, 10 pages
Rotenone Upregulates Alpha-Synuclein and Myocyte Enhancer Factor 2D Independently from Lysosomal Degradation Inhibition
1Laboratory of Neurobiology, Department of Surgery and Interdisciplinary Medicine, University of Milano-Bicocca, Via Cadore 48, 20900 Monza, Italy
2PhD Program in Neuroscience, University of Milano-Bicocca, Via Cadore 48, 20900 Monza, Italy
3Department of Neurology, San Gerardo Hospital, Via Pergolesi 33, 20900 Monza, Italy
Received 5 April 2013; Revised 18 June 2013; Accepted 2 July 2013
Academic Editor: Michelangelo Mancuso
Copyright © 2013 Gessica Sala et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Gessica Sala, Giovanni Stefanoni, Alessandro Arosio, Chiara Riva, Laura Melchionda, Enrico Saracchi, Silvia Fermi, Laura Brighina, and Carlo Ferrarese, “Reduced expression of the chaperone-mediated autophagy carrier hsc70 protein in lymphomonocytes of patients with Parkinson's disease,” Brain Research, 2013.
- Lana Dokleja, Mirva J. Hannula, and Timo T. Myöhänen, “Inhibition of prolyl oligopeptidase increases the survival of alpha-synuclein overexpressing cells after rotenone exposure by reducing alpha-synuclein oligomers,” Neuroscience Letters, 2014.
- Abhishek Kumar Mishra, Mohd Sami ur Rasheed, Saurabh Shukla, Manish Kumar Tripathi, Anubhuti Dixit, and Mahendra Pratap Singh, “Aberrant Autophagy and Parkinsonism: Does Correction Rescue from Disease Progression?,” Molecular Neurobiology, 2014.
- Xiaolei Liu, Sihua Huang, Xingqin Wang, Beisha Tang, Wenming Li, and Zixu Mao, “Chaperone-mediated autophagy and neurodegeneration: connections, mechanisms, and therapeutic implications,” Neuroscience Bulletin, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 407–415, 2015.
- Belém Sampaio-Marques, and Paula Ludovico, “Sirtuins and Proteolytic Systems: Implications for Pathogenesis of Synucleinopathies,” Biomolecules, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 735–757, 2015.
- Maria Xilouri, and Leonidas Stefanis, “Chaperone Mediated Autophagy to the Rescue: A New-Fangled Target for the Treatment of Neurodegenerative Diseases,” Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, 2015.
- David A. Loeffler, Lynnae M. Smith, Mary P. Coffey, Jan O. Aasly, and Peter A. LeWitt, “CSF Nrf2 and HSPA8 in Parkinson’s disease patients with and without LRRK2 gene mutations,” Journal of Neural Transmission, 2015.
- BeomS Jeon, and Tae-Beom Ahn, “The role of quercetin on the survival of neuron-like PC12 cells and the expression of α-synuclein,” Neural Regeneration Research, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 1113, 2015.
- Jun Li Yang, Thi Kim Quy Ha, Basanta Dhodary, Ji Yeon Seo, Hyunju Kim, Junsoo Park, and Won Keun Oh, “3,4-seco-28-Nor-oleanane triterpenes from Camellia japonica protect from neurotoxicity in a rotenone model of Parkinson's disease,” Tetrahedron, vol. 72, no. 23, pp. 3240–3249, 2016.
- Gessica Sala, Daniele Marinig, Chiara Riva, Alessandro Arosio, Giovanni Stefanoni, Laura Brighina, Matteo Formenti, Lilia Alberghina, Anna Maria Colangelo, and Carlo Ferrarese, “Rotenone down-regulates HSPA8/hsc70 chaperone protein in vitro: A new possible toxic mechanism contributing to Parkinson's disease,” Neurotoxicology, vol. 54, pp. 161–169, 2016.
- Jolanta Konieczny, Tomasz Lenda, and Anna Czarnecka, “Early increase in dopamine release in the ipsilateral striatum after unilateral intranigral administration of lactacystin produces spontaneous contralateral rotations in rats,” Neuroscience, 2016.
- Zi-wei Chen, Anmin Liu, Qingyu Liu, Jingkao Chen, Wen-ming Li, Xiao-juan Chao, Qian Yang, Pei-qing Liu, Zi-xu Mao, and Rong-biao Pi, “MEF2D Mediates the Neuroprotective Effect of Methylene Blue Against Glutamate-Induced Oxidative Damage in HT22 Hippocampal Cells,” Molecular Neurobiology, 2016.
- Alessandro Arosio, Gessica Sala, Virginia Rodriguez-Menendez, Denise Grana, Francesca Gerardi, Christian Lunetta, Carlo Ferrarese, and Lucio Tremolizzo, “MEF2D and MEF2C pathways disruption in sporadic and familial ALS patients,” Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, 2016.