- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 846725, 10 pages
Rotenone Upregulates Alpha-Synuclein and Myocyte Enhancer Factor 2D Independently from Lysosomal Degradation Inhibition
1Laboratory of Neurobiology, Department of Surgery and Interdisciplinary Medicine, University of Milano-Bicocca, Via Cadore 48, 20900 Monza, Italy
2PhD Program in Neuroscience, University of Milano-Bicocca, Via Cadore 48, 20900 Monza, Italy
3Department of Neurology, San Gerardo Hospital, Via Pergolesi 33, 20900 Monza, Italy
Received 5 April 2013; Revised 18 June 2013; Accepted 2 July 2013
Academic Editor: Michelangelo Mancuso
Copyright © 2013 Gessica Sala et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Gessica Sala, Giovanni Stefanoni, Alessandro Arosio, Chiara Riva, Laura Melchionda, Enrico Saracchi, Silvia Fermi, Laura Brighina, and Carlo Ferrarese, “Reduced expression of the chaperone-mediated autophagy carrier hsc70 protein in lymphomonocytes of patients with Parkinson's disease,” Brain Research, 2013.
- Lana Dokleja, Mirva J. Hannula, and Timo T. Myöhänen, “Inhibition of prolyl oligopeptidase increases the survival of alpha-synuclein overexpressing cells after rotenone exposure by reducing alpha-synuclein oligomers,” Neuroscience Letters, 2014.
- Abhishek Kumar Mishra, Mohd Sami ur Rasheed, Saurabh Shukla, Manish Kumar Tripathi, Anubhuti Dixit, and Mahendra Pratap Singh, “Aberrant Autophagy and Parkinsonism: Does Correction Rescue from Disease Progression?,” Molecular Neurobiology, 2014.
- Maria Xilouri, and Leonidas Stefanis, “Chaperone Mediated Autophagy to the Rescue: A New-Fangled Target for the Treatment of Neurodegenerative Diseases,” Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, 2015.