- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 847069, 5 pages
First Evidence of Increased Plasma Serotonin Levels in Tako-Tsubo Cardiomyopathy
1Inserm, Metabolic and Cardiovascular Disease Institute of Rangueil, 31432 Toulouse, France
2Paul Sabatier University, 31062 Toulouse, France
3Department of Pharmacy, University Hospital Center, 31059 Toulouse, France
4Department of Cardiology, University Hospital of Rangueil, 1 avenue Jean Poulhès, 31059 Toulouse, France
5Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine Paris-Ouest, 78000 Versailles St-Quentin-en-Yvelines, France
6Department of Biology, Pharmacology Unit, General Hospital of Versailles, 78150 Le Chesnay, France
7Cardiac Imaging Center, University Hospital Center, 31059 Toulouse, France
8Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Center, 31059 Toulouse, France
Received 9 April 2013; Revised 6 August 2013; Accepted 12 August 2013
Academic Editor: Amedeo Chiribiri
Copyright © 2013 C. Rouzaud Laborde et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. S. Wittstein, D. R. Thiemann, J. A. C. Lima et al., “Neurohumoral features of myocardial stunning due to sudden emotional stress,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 352, no. 6, pp. 539–548, 2005.
- J. Abraham, J. O. Mudd, N. K. Kapur, K. Klein, H. C. Champion, and I. S. Wittstein, “Stress cardiomyopathy after intravenous administration of catecholamines and beta-receptor agonists,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 53, no. 15, pp. 1320–1325, 2009.
- T. Kume, T. Kawamoto, H. Okura et al., “Local release of catecholamines from the hearts of patients with tako-tsubo-like left ventricular dysfunction,” Circulation Journal, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 106–108, 2008.
- N. K. Mehta, G. Aurigemma, Z. Rafeq, and O. Starobin, “Reverse takotsubo cardiomyopathy: after an episode of serotonin syndrome,” Texas Heart Institute Journal, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 568–572, 2011.
- C. Delmas, O. Lairez, E. Mulin, et al., “Anxiodepressive disorders and chronic psychological stress are associated with tako-tsubo cardiomyopathy—new physiopathological hypothesis,” Circulation Journal, vol. 77, no. 1, pp. 175–180, 2013.
- A. Prasad, A. Lerman, and C. S. Rihal, “Apical ballooning syndrome (Tako-Tsubo or stress cardiomyopathy): a mimic of acute myocardial infarction,” American Heart Journal, vol. 155, no. 3, pp. 408–417, 2008.
- F. Van de Werf, J. Bax, A. Betriu et al., “Management of acute myocardial infarction in patients presenting with persistent ST-segment elevation: the task force on the management of ST-Segment elevation acute myocardial Infarction of the European society of cardiology,” European Heart Journal, vol. 29, no. 23, pp. 2909–2954, 2009.
- D. V. Sheehan, Y. Lecrubier, K. H. Sheehan et al., “The mini-international neuropsychiatric interview (M.I.N.I.): the development and validation of a structured diagnostic psychiatric interview for DSM-IV and ICD-10,” Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, vol. 59, Supplement 20, pp. 22–33, 1998.
- O. Spreux-Varoquaux, J. Gailledreau, B. Vanier et al., “Initial increase of plasma serotonin: a biological predictor for the antidepressant response to clomipramine?” Biological Psychiatry, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 465–473, 1996.
- Y. Shimizu, S. Minatoguchi, K. Hashimoto et al., “The role of serotonin in ischemic cellular damage and the infarct size-reducing effect of sarpogrelate, a 5-hydroxytryptamine-2 receptor blocker, in rabbit hearts,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 1347–1355, 2002.
- C. Adlbrecht, D. Bonderman, C. Plass et al., “Active endothelin is an important vasoconstrictor in acute coconary thrombi,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 97, no. 4, pp. 642–649, 2007.
- E. Qvigstad, T. Brattelid, I. Sjaastad et al., “Appearance of a ventricular 5-HT4 receptor-mediated inotropic response to serotonin in heart failure,” Cardiovascular Research, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 869–878, 2005.
- C. Villeneuve, A. Caudrillier, C. Ordener, N. Pizzinat, A. Parini, and J. Mialet-Perez, “Dose-dependent activation of distinct hypertrophic pathways by serotonin in cardiac cells,” The American Journal of Physiology. Heart and Circulatory Physiology, vol. 297, no. 2, pp. H821–H828, 2009.
- O. Lairez, D. Calise, P. Bianchi et al., “Genetic deletion of MAO-A promotes serotonin-dependent ventricular hypertrophy by pressure overload,” Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 587–595, 2009.