- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 848363, 6 pages
Intraoperative Pachymetry Using Spectral-Domain Optical Coherence Tomography during Accelerated Corneal Collagen Crosslinking
1Hong Kong Eye Hospital, Hong Kong
2Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
3Department of Ophthalmology, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong
4Centre for Eye Research Australia, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, VIC 3002, Australia
Received 29 April 2013; Accepted 17 June 2013
Academic Editor: Vasilios F. Diakonis
Copyright © 2013 Vanissa W. S. Chow et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Wollensak, E. Spoerl, and T. Seiler, “Stress-strain measurements of human and porcine corneas after riboflavin-ultraviolet-A-induced cross-linking,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 29, no. 9, pp. 1780–1785, 2003.
- V. Jhanji, N. Sharma, and R. B. Vajpayee, “Management of keratoconus: current scenario,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 95, no. 8, pp. 1044–1050, 2011.
- Z. Li, V. Jhanji, X. Tao, H. Yu, W. Chen, and G. Mu, “Riboflavin/ultravoilet light-mediated crosslinking for fungal keratitis,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 97, pp. 669–671, 2013.
- M. Gkika, G. Labiris, and V. Kozobolis, “Corneal collagen cross-linking using riboflavin and ultraviolet-A irradiation: a review of clinical and experimental studies,” International Ophthalmology, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 309–319, 2011.
- G. Wollensak, E. Spörl, F. Reber, L. Pillunat, and R. Funk, “Corneal endothelial cytotoxicity of riboflavin/UVA treatment in vitro,” Ophthalmic Research, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 324–328, 2003.
- G. Wollensak, E. Spoerl, M. Wilsch, and T. Seiler, “Endothelial cell damage after riboflavin-ultraviolet-A treatment in the rabbit,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 29, no. 9, pp. 1786–1790, 2003.
- G. D. Kymionis, D. M. Portaliou, V. F. Diakonis, G. A. Kounis, S. I. Panagopoulou, and M. A. Grentzelos, “Corneal collagen cross-linking with riboflavin and ultraviolet-a irradiation in patients with thin corneas,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 153, no. 1, pp. 24–28, 2012.
- F. Raiskup, A. Hoyer, and E. Spoerl, “Permanent corneal haze after riboflavin-UVA-induced cross-linking in keratoconus,” Journal of Refractive Surgery, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. S824–S828, 2009.
- F. Raiskup and E. Spoerl, “Corneal cross-linking with hypo-osmolar riboflavin solution in thin keratoconic corneas,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 152, no. 1, pp. 28–32, 2011.
- G. D. Kymionis, G. A. Kounis, D. M. Portaliou et al., “Intraoperative pachymetric measurements during corneal collage cross-linking with riboflavin and ultraviolet A irradiation,” Ophthalmology, vol. 116, no. 12, pp. 2336–2339, 2009.
- N. G. Tahzib, N. Soeters, and A. Van Der Lelij, “Pachymetry during cross-linking,” Ophthalmology, vol. 117, no. 10, p. 2041, 2010.
- P. Vinciguerra, E. Albè, A. M. Mahmoud, S. Trazza, F. Hafezi, and C. J. Roberts, “Intra- and postoperative variation in ocular response analyzer parameters in keratoconic eyes after corneal cross-linking,” Journal of Refractive Surgery, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 669–676, 2010.
- J. M. Holopainen and K. Krootila, “Transient corneal thinning in eyes undergoing corneal cross-linking,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 152, no. 4, pp. 533–536, 2011.
- V. Kaya, C. A. Utine, and Ö. F. Ylmaz, “Intraoperative corneal thickness measurements during corneal collagen cross-linking with hypoosmolar riboflavin solution in thin corneas,” Cornea, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 486–490, 2012.
- J. M. Vetter, S. Brueckner, M. Tubic-Grozdanis, U. Voßmerbäumer, N. Pfeiffer, and S. Kurz, “Modulation of central corneal thickness by various riboflavin eyedrop compositions in porcine corneas,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 525–532, 2012.
- Y. Li, M. Tang, X. Zhang, C. H. Salaroli, J. L. Ramos, and D. Huang, “Pachymetric mapping with Fourier-domain optical coherence tomography,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 826–831, 2010.
- H. L. Rao, A. U. Kumar, A. Kumar et al., “Evaluation of central corneal thickness measurement with RTVue spectral domain optical coherence tomography in normal subjects,” Cornea, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 121–126, 2011.
- S. Chen, J. Huang, D. Wen, W. Chen, D. Huang, and Q. Wang, “Measurement of central corneal thickness by high-resolution Scheimpflug imaging, Fourier-domain optical coherence tomography and ultrasound pachymetry,” Acta Ophthalmologica, vol. 90, pp. 449–455, 2012.
- A. Ishibazawa, S. Igarashi, K. Hanada et al., “Central corneal thickness measurements with fourier-domain optical coherence tomography versus ultrasonic pachymetry and rotating scheimpflug camera,” Cornea, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 615–619, 2011.
- D. S. Grewal, G. S. Brar, and S. P. S. Grewal, “Assessment of central corneal thickness in normal, keratoconus, and post-laser in situ keratomileusis eyes using Scheimpflug imaging, spectral domain optical coherence tomography, and ultrasound pachymetry,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 954–964, 2010.
- F. Hafezi, M. Mrochen, H. P. Iseli, and T. Seiler, “Collagen crosslinking with ultraviolet-A and hypoosmolar riboflavin solution in thin corneas,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 621–624, 2009.
- G. D. Kymionis, V. F. Diakonis, E. Coskunseven, M. Jankov, S. H. Yoo, and I. G. Pallikaris, “Customized pachymetric guided epithelial debridement for corneal collagen cross linking,” BMC Ophthalmology, vol. 9, no. 1, article 10, 2009.
- V. Kaya, C. A. Utine, and O. F. Yilmaz, “Efficacy of corneal collagen cross-linking using a custom epithelial debridement technique in thin corneas: a confocal microscopy study,” Journal of Refractive Surgery, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 444–450, 2011.
- M. Filippello, E. Stagni, and D. O'Brart, “Transepithelial corneal collagen crosslinking: bilateral study,” Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 283–291, 2012.
- F. Raiskup and E. Spoerl, “Corneal crosslinking with riboflavin and ultraviolet A. I. Principles,” The Ocular Surface, vol. 11, pp. 65–74, 2013.
- C. Malhotra, R. Shetty, R. S. Kumar, H. Veluri, H. Nagaraj, and K. B. Shetty, “In vivo imaging of riboflavin penetration during corneal collagen cross-linking with hand-held spectral domain optical coherence tomography,” Journal of Refractive Surgery, vol. 28, pp. 776–780, 2012.
- A. F. Alario and C. G. Pirie, “Intra and inter-user reliability of central corneal thickness measurements obtained in healthy feline eyes using a portable spectral-domain optical coherence tomography device,” Veterinary Ophthalmology, 2013.