- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
BioMed Research International
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 849349, 4 pages
Use of a New Ocular Insert versus Conventional Mydriasis in Cataract Surgery
Department of Ophthalmology, Miguel Servet University Hospital, Aragonés Institute of Health Sciences, University of Zaragoza, Isabel la Católica 1-3, 50009 Zaragoza, Spain
Received 13 April 2013; Accepted 19 May 2013
Academic Editor: Marcel N. Menke
Copyright © 2013 C. Torrón et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Salminen, “Review: systemic absorption of topically applied ocular drugs in humans,” Journal of Ocular Pharmacology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 243–249, 1990.
- A. Akman and P. Aydin, “Comparison of mydriatic efficacy of spray application and drop instillation of tropicamide 1%,” Eye, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 653–655, 1999.
- J. M. Aiache, S. El Meski, G. Serpin, E. Beyssac, and R. Conti, “Local tolerance and in vivo release study of a new ocular drug delivery system,” Drug Deliv Systems and Sciences, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 85–87, 2001.
- J. F. Korobelnik, C. Tavera, M. B. Renaud-Rougier, S. El Meski, and J. Colin, “The Mydriasert insert: an alternative to eye drops for preangiographic mydriasis,” Journal Francais d'Ophtalmologie, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 897–902, 2004.
- T. Caruba, C. Couffon-Partant, J. Oliary, R. Tadayoni, N. Limelette, and A. Gaudric, “Efficacy and efficiency of preoperative mydriasis: drops versus ocular insert,” Journal Francais d'Ophtalmologie, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 789–795, 2006.
- G. Morgado, P. Barros, J. Martins, A. Lima, and N. Martins, “Comparative study of mydriasis in cataract surgery: topical versus Mydriasert versus intracameral mydriasis in cataract surgery,” European Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 989–993, 2010.
- P. Heath and C. W. Geiter, “Use of phenylephrine hydrochloride, neo-synephrine hydrochloride, in ophthalmology,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 172–177, 1949.
- V. Kumar, R. D. Schoenwald, and D. S. Chien, “Systemic absorption and cardiovascular effects of phenylephrine eyedrops,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 99, no. 2, pp. 180–184, 1985.